[TUT] [100% WORKING] Install leaked WP 8.1 SDK on your PC!

Search This thread

myst02

Feb 20, 2014
OK, will test it when I'm at home, normally there should be no crashes. what os are you running?

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

enchanter100

Aug 2, 2008
What exactly do you install on the SDK ISO? I installed the "packages" and a command prompt quickly pops up and then disappears..

myst02

Feb 20, 2014
Just run setup.exe in the .iso file. All packages will install.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

deHoDev

Feb 3, 2012
Hi there,
before I go and install this leaked sdk I would like to know if this sdk includes a new version of nuget that is able to target the different wp81 project types and portable class libraries targeting wp81 and win81.
I'm using nuget to install a custom framework I developed for Windows Phone and WinRT apps and I won't be able to use this new sdk unless I can update my framework and use it via nuget.

Thanks for the tutorial! :good:

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Yes you are. Specifically, you are missing any logical reason for resurrecting an 8-months-dead thread (the official 8.1 SDK has been out for ages now), and you are also missing any context or useful information from your post.

Reactions: Hisukurifu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: Windows Phone 8.1 is released! You can now download the official SDK from here

Hey,

the installation of the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK leak was discussed here very much, sometimes it works, sometimes not.
    So I written a tutorial how to install it!

How to:

1) Download the SDK ISO from here ALL OTHER LINKS WILL NOT WORK!

1b) Download Visual Studio 2013 Express for Windows in English from here

2) Extract the VS 2013 ISO and install it.

3) Extract the leak ISO and run the installer as administrator.

4) The installation should take an half hour. You can drink one or two coffee ;)

5) Start cmd as administrator and run "cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XDE\8.1"

6) Enter "XDE.exe -vhd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.1\Emulation\Images\Flash.vhd"". First boot will take 5-10 minutes.

7) THE EMULATOR IS WORKING!

You can also create an shortcut on desktop that saves you time. Location is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XDE\8.1\XDE.exe" -vhd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.1\Emulation\Images\Flash.vhd"".

FAQ

How to install it on windows 7?

You need to install SP1, then it should work.

After clicking the VS link, a logon field appears, what should I do?

Just login with your outlook account and click download ;)

Can I run it on 32-bit?

Yes, you can. You need to install VirtualBox or VMware. Create a new virtual machine and select the Flash.vhd in the SDK location. To get it to work, you must run it as administrator.

What are the minimal requirements for it?

It works on any computer with 64-bit W7 or W8(.1) For 32-bit look above.

If this guide helped you please press thanks! ;) :D

Thanks @DaviUnic for a easier way to start the emulator!

Yes, I'm seeing my tutorial was landed in the news! Thanks at all what thanked me and followed this tutorial!

hey nico
    Last time I tried it worked... o_O

Hold on, I have to re-install VS2013 and the SDK, then I'll try again.

EDIT: Just tried and it works fine for me. Just go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XDE\ with CMD and then type XDE.exe -vhd "C:\Example\Path\example.vhd" and it works fine.
    Yeah, I think you can. But Hyper-V isn't installed by default, so you must go to the features list and install Hyper-V first, then you can use the emulator.
    Where exactly am I going wrong? Can someone help

You're in the wrong folder. You must go one folder deeper, into the 8.1 folder and there you will find xde.exe.

You see, you can have both 8.0 and 8.1 SDK installed side-by-side, which is also why the emulators are in separate folders. ;)
    May I suggest (or more like, ask) running it in VirtualBox? Can VirtualBox be told to run the commands to execute the VHD?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Yes, you can run it in VirtualBox. Create a new virtual machine and provide Flash.vhd in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.1\Emulation\Images" as virtual disk. You must run VM as administrator to get it to work, otherwise you will get an error.