[Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Search This thread

jatg

Aug 14, 2008
Porto
after installing the rom 18.10, to turn off the device he had a sod.
Turned it off with 93% battery when I called today and had only 26%
The youtube also does not open the app.

Apart from these flaws, everything works fine. with version 18.10 have 16% of memory available in the system.

Wijnand85

Mar 13, 2011
Gouda, Netherlands
I restored youtube with titanium-backup and it is working fine on the 1910 build. Version 4.1.23 of youtube.

At my tab I can't voice-search with Google Now. I get immediately "Didn't catch that. Try speaking again". However the app 'voice search' is working fine, when I say something in that app the words are typed in in the searchbox of google now. Language settings are English US.

update - Strange: at Settings --> Language & input --> Voice recognizer --> I can choose 2 things: Google / Google

update - When searching in the market for Google Search there is an update available, but I can't install because "package not signed correct". I have to find out how to uninstall this version.

update - Renamed 'QuickSearchBox.apk' and then install Google Search, I get "incompatible update".

Last edited:

okidokiss

Jan 25, 2010
Lisbon
YouTube 4.1.23 does not work on my tablet, not even with stock ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

I restored youtube with titanium-backup and it is working fine on the 1910 build. Version 4.1.23 of youtube.

At my tab I can't voice-search with Google Now. I get immediately "Didn't catch that. Try speaking again". However the app 'voice search' is working fine, when I say something in that app the words are typed in in the searchbox of google now. Language settings are English US.

update - Strange: at Settings --> Language & input --> Voice recognizer --> I can choose 2 things: Google / Google

update - When searching in the market for Google Search there is an update available, but I can't install because "package not signed correct". I have to find out how to uninstall this version.

update - Renamed 'QuickSearchBox.apk' and then install Google Search, I get "incompatible update".

Try to uninstall using titanium backup , then instal out from market

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Wijnand85

kaisnowy

May 24, 2012
Out of curiosity what is the difference between the smaller gapps package and the normal one?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
after installing the rom 18.10, to turn off the device he had a sod.
Turned it off with 93% battery when I called today and had only 26%
The youtube also does not open the app.

Apart from these flaws, everything works fine. with version 18.10 have 16% of memory available in the system.

You did not flash properly.

Go back to square one and do it again, clean your system with fastboot, ensuring u flash everything needed (modem, recovery, ROM and smaller gapps package) and you will be fine.

Do a wipe of data if you suspect dodgey old data.

Last edited:
Reactions: jatg

okidokiss

Jan 25, 2010
Lisbon
Pershoot, the first post should be updated.
Front Camera works
Google now works
Voice Calls
SMS

Last edited:

feraay

Dec 30, 2011
Runs great with 19.10 and gapps lite no problems until now THX pershoot

Just one thing can u activate charging via USB ?
Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

kaisnowy

May 24, 2012
Do we need to flash a new modem and recovery file? mine seems fine just flashing the rom, and if so are they located in droidbasement/galaxy/ROMs/cm10/p3?

kaisnowy

May 24, 2012
Wifi is not only more stable but also a lot quicker, I'm getting practically the same download speed over WiFi as my wireless adapter does connected to my computer, which wasn't the case with previous builds

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350785004470.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350785004470.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 107

GaryWS

Mar 7, 2012
Pershoot, the first post should be updated.
Front Camera works
Google now works
Voice Calls
SMS

Not quite everything. The vice calls work to a degree. Calls can be made but not ended. The app says "hanging up" but never does it.
Also incoming calls are not visible unless you are in the phone app.

The camera app and gallery seem to be linked, which is not a problem. The bug is when you click "Restore defaults" under camera settings it reverts with "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped".

There are still the lingering modem bugs
1. Signal bars missing
2. Network search results in an error

Pershoot is aware of these.

But overall very impressive!

jatg

Aug 14, 2008
Porto
You did not flash properly.

Go back to square one and do it again, clean your system with fastboot, ensuring u flash everything needed (modem, recovery, ROM and smaller gapps package) and you will be fine.

Do a wipe of data if you suspect dodgey old data.

Pershoot, excuse the ignorance, but how do the fastboot eraser

okidokiss

Jan 25, 2010
Lisbon
Pershoot, excuse the ignorance, but how do the fastboot eraser

Info from pershoot a few posts ago

Code:
enter fastboot
 fastboot erase system
 fastboot boot recovery.img (CWM 6.0.1.5; its in the folder (take it out of recovery.tar.md5)).
 flash rom
 flash gapps lite for jellybean:
 http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1809377
 clear cache
 post a /tmp/recovery.log (adb pull /tmp/recovery.log . ) so i can look at it
 then boot in.

Reactions: jatg

pinibo

Dec 28, 2011
Looking at all the positive signals, I would like to move from stock ICS to the 4.1.1 version.
Looking at all the troubles you solved it is not clear to me what the right way is to flash the updated rom.

Should I do it like this:
enter fastboot
fastboot erase system
fastboot boot recovery.img (CWM 6.0.1.5; its in the folder (take it out of recovery.tar.md5)).
flash rom
clear cache
then boot in.

Any other tips or tricks I should take into account?
How about getting the phone calls working?

Would be good to have a kind of "How to ..." guide from one that was successful in flashing 4.1.1. So far I only got it as far as hanging on the boot logo ...

okidokiss

Jan 25, 2010
Lisbon
Hi! Since you came from Stock ROM, after booting the recovery.img, I think you should flash "TB-Galaxy-WIPE.zip", you can find it here in the forum. This zip acts like a factory reset but does not wipe all SDcard.

After that continue with the info below.
For voice calls I've flashed the modem, this file CWM_I9103XXLQ3_Modem.zip, don't know if is the same than in CM10 folder. This one you can flash with CWM

Looking at all the positive signals, I would like to move from stock ICS to the 4.1.1 version.
Looking at all the troubles you solved it is not clear to me what the right way is to flash the updated rom.

Should I do it like this:
enter fastboot
fastboot erase system
flash rom
clear cache
then boot in.

Any other tips or tricks I should take into account?
How about getting the phone calls working?

Would be good to have a kind of "How to ..." guide from one that was successful in flashing 4.1.1. So far I only got it as far as hanging on the boot logo ...

Reactions: pinibo

Dryfit.linux

Dec 21, 2011
Is it possible to exchange superuser for supersu in this rom? I need to temp put root off to see content from my tv cable app. It wont work with root on.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using xda app-developers app

okidokiss

Jan 25, 2010
Lisbon
Is it possible to exchange superuser for supersu in this rom? I need to temp put root off to see content from my tv cable app. It wont work with root on.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using xda app-developers app

Don't know that, but superuser as temporary unroot.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

For the gallery I've installed another one from the market. With the included on the ROM I can't see my albums from picasa.

Your superuser as the same "bug" as I have? When you click on the binary, does not show the update window. Already flashed 3.2 but is the same.

Not quite everything. The vice calls work to a degree. Calls can be made but not ended. The app says "hanging up" but never does it.
Also incoming calls are not visible unless you are in the phone app.

The camera app and gallery seem to be linked, which is not a problem. The bug is when you click "Restore defaults" under camera settings it reverts with "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped".

There are still the lingering modem bugs
1. Signal bars missing
2. Network search results in an error

Pershoot is aware of these.

But overall very impressive!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll start by saing that all credits go to :good: pershoot :good: So be sure to thank him !!

INFO
    http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/
    This is Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) + CM10.1 for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v

CyanogenMod-10.1.jpg

!! DOWNLOAD / NIGHTLIES ARE NOW AVAILABLE !!
    http://get.cm/?device=p3

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
    /!\ Before doing anything make sure your bootloader is unlocked and you have a rooted device!
    1. Backup your apps+data using Titanium Backup.
    2. Go to http://get.cm/?device=p3
    3. Download 'recovery.tar.md5' to your PC if you don't have it yet. It's Clockworkmod 6.0.1.0 (latest version). If it's not available on the above location, it's also attached to this post.
    4. Download 'cm-10.1.......zip' and put it in internal storage.
    5. Download the latest 'gapps-jb-*-signed.zip' from http://goo.im/gapps and put it in internal storage. gapps-minimal-jb-20121212-signed.zip has been confirmed to work fine.
    6. a. Flash recovery.tar.md5 on your device using ODIN3 (go into downloading mode, wait for USB connected on screen, then select the file using PDA and click Start)
    6. b. You can also use fastboot (for some reason I prefer this method). Just extract the recovery.img from 'recovery.tar.md5' and then flash it using fastboot ("fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (permanent on device) and/or "fastboot boot recovery.img" (just boot it from pc))
    7. Once in recovery: clean cache & clean dalvik cache. (I did a full wipe to be sure I don't report bugs to pershoot which are linked to data problems).
    8. Flash the ROM.
    9. Flash gapps.
    10. Reboot
    11. Enjoy your ROM :fingers-crossed:
    12. Put back all your apps (using batch Titanium Backup) but don't restore system apps.
    13. You're done!

If you need to flash the P4 modem:
    1. Get ODIN 1.85
    2. Get the Samsung drivers "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0" (google it)
    3. Install the driver for Tab
    4. Download the modem image from pershoot's p3 repository
    5. Boot into bootloader (press power and hold volume-up and volume-down at the same time, then select Downloading).
    6. Start ODIN (you should see the first block become yellow on the screen => means your device is connected)
    7. Select PDA and browse to the modem file
    8. Flash it
    9. You're done. Make sure you got the correct RIL by flashing the latest image.

Video made by SjPedro22
    WORKING
    • bluetooth
    • browser
    back camera (8MP)
    • gps
    • install/move apps on sd card
    • mobile data 3g/2g
    • rotation
    • sound (notifications, calls, ringtones, alarm, music)
    • superuser
    • MTP
    • video playback
    • vibration
    • wifi
    • youtube
    front camera

BUGS
    • none! If you find one, please post them in this thread!
    Latest recovery from droidbasement.
    Madjose, I'll get it fixed up.

fixed.

it should build successfully for the next nightly run.
    Re: [Today] Cyanogenmod 10.1 - Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) - NIGHTLY

Madjose, I'll get it fixed up.
    Sorry for the dumb question, but does anyone have the links to this?

here you have mate, link to gapps ;)

http://goo.im/gapps

just it the thanks button ;)