Problem with Update Utility.

Search This thread

latii

Sep 14, 2007
When i run the ROMUpdateUtility it crashes when its veryfing the information on my PDA Phone..

Hope you guys can help me..

Byebye

//Daan

joihan777

Feb 2, 2007
Sacramento
When i run the ROMUpdateUtility it crashes when its veryfing the information on my PDA Phone..

Hope you guys can help me..

Byebye

//Daan

If you want help, it's better to actually include vital data: G3 or G4? CID & SIM unlocked, or not?
What ver. of ActiveSync do you have? Win XP or Vista? What have you read so far?

Goodluck

latii

Sep 14, 2007
Sorry,

G3 device, cid & sim UNLOCKED.
Windows XP home editon.

I flash from bootloader..

Byebye

thanks so far!

mestrini

Jul 4, 2006
Lisboa
I bet it's the Operating System. My desktop has WinXP PRO SP2 and everytime i try to flash a ROM it simply hangs. I must reboot the hard way (using reset button) as not even CTRL+ALT+DEL work. I know it must be something wrong with the USB configuration as every time i need to print something the USB pen drive opens LOL

I'm forced to flash with my old laptop that runs Win2K

Last edited:

zabardast_1

Aug 4, 2007
Lahore
I bet it's the Operating System. My desktop has WinXP PRO SP2 and everytime i try to flash a ROM it simply hangs. I must reboot the hard way (using reset button) as not even CTRL+ALT+DEL work. I know it must be something wrong with the USB configuration as every time i need to print something the USB pen drive opens LOL

I'm forced to flash with my old laptop that runs Win2K

dear, i have the same OS WinXP SP2 on my desktop and I have flashed a couple of Rom very successfully,never had any problem.
Yup ! u must be right,something wrong with the USB configuration,lol

Well, I think he should use another Romupdateutility

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
dear, i have the same OS WinXP SP2 on my desktop and I have flashed a couple of Rom very successfully,never had any problem.
Yup ! u must be right,something wrong with the USB configuration,lol

Well, I think he should use another Romupdateutility

Yes mestrini I think you just have a funky computer. lol. I have win xp sp2 and have flashed over 20 roms with shelltools, SoftSPL, HardSPL, even CID unlocking and using RUU from today screen.

Never has it failed on this computer.

zabardast_1

Aug 4, 2007
Lahore
Yes mestrini I think you just have a funky computer. lol. I have win xp sp2 and have flashed over 20 roms with shelltools, SoftSPL, HardSPL, even CID unlocking and using RUU from today screen.

Never has it failed on this computer.

Yup ! it works with WinXP Sp2 perfectly,But with winXp Home Edition,well I'am not sure,this might be the cause also, as I have never worked with WinXP Home edition.
I'll suggest u try on WinXp Pro SP2 to be sure .
cheers

latii

Sep 14, 2007
Its fixed now =)...

I just installed WIndows Installer 3, and Activsync 4.5.

Now it works fine..

Thanks you all :).

(ps: The error was comming after i re-installed my machine. therfore, i had flashed lots of roms,).. And it was an old computer, now i got my desktop pc back, which it way better, ( XP-pro, SP2)

byeebyee//

(Can be Closed)