MicroSD 64Gbyte

Search This thread

putti71

Since a lot of people think the DHD is going to get old and move to phones like the HOX, I just want to tell you that the new microSD cards with a capacity of 64Gbyte work on this great device! The HOX doesn't even have half of this capacity.
And...ICS is coming too! We still have some great devs here.

There is no need to buy a new phone.

If I haven't already bought the HOX, I would stay with my beloved DHD :)

Post 8 is card name and pic!

If this was helpful, please push THANKS.

Last edited:

Muikkuman

Oct 19, 2011
Växjö
Yea I'm too staying with my HTC Desire HD :), but have you tried the 64gb card in your HTC Desire HD?

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

putti71

uploadfromtaptalk1340219133309.jpg

Btw SanDisk Ultra Class 10 microSDXC Ultra 64 GB

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

LinoX

May 10, 2005
Roma
d9cbe753-ca5e-4f58.jpg

IT DEFINITELY WORKS with 64gb.
Those saying it doesn't work didn't try it.
I'm using it right now :)))

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisund123

LinoX

May 10, 2005
Roma
I think any card is good...as far as is not a cheap clone and is an SDXC it will work (once formatted)

geejay008

Feb 10, 2010
...or we could get another next gen phone THAT ALSO SUPPORTS MicroSD... ie SGS3... ^_~ ...not got one btw... but just stating an obvious logical answer besides sticking with our faithful DHDs

imho its a bad move for HTC to remove SDcard support... capacity for external storage for those type of media will only get bigger...

...opportunity to have 64GB (or more) on your smartphone just can't be easily dismissed. Especially if you carry around a ton of multimedia files as well as a chunk of your work and have a ton of pictures and a good part of your music collection! >_< lol!

ie my 1 and a half hour work commutes would be almost unbearable without my DHD with its 32GB card chock full of goodies to keep me from going insane in crappy uk public transport... @_@

Last edited:

Grant Barker

Apr 14, 2008
www.thecomputermouse.com
Yeah.
Personally, as far as function is concerned, there is little logical use in changing phones for me. I do in fact have a few more months before my contract expires and I'd like to eventually choose a very new phone that I can also support on my site without being a few months behind everyone else.

Having said that, unless another model has superior battery power consumption/time then I don't have a need for a different device. Like you, I commute throughout the day and therefore need the power to last me through the day, so I tend to limit YouTube, GPS or other things which happily eat away at the battery.

The idea of having loads stored on my device on a large SD Card is fine, but based on the above, I wouldn't use much of it.
The idea of losing the phone with so many eggs in one basket is not very appealing.

The idea of a bigger screen though like the Galaxy Note (which my barber has and showed me) is nice. I'd also consider future devices with removable rear covers, so that it's easy for companies like Mugen to make extended batteries for them. From experience that's real peace of mind.

The Microsoft Surface Tablet looks like a nice device which I could use for work maybe. If that became a primary toy, then maybe a phone would take a less important back seat for a while.

geejay008

Feb 10, 2010
Yeah.
Personally, as far as function is concerned, there is little logical use in changing phones for me. I do in fact have a few more months before my contract expires and I'd like to eventually choose a very new phone that I can also support on my site without being a few months behind everyone else.

I have until November this year to renew my contract... so I have till then to decide... ^_^

Having said that, unless another model has superior battery power consumption/time then I don't have a need for a different device. Like you, I commute throughout the day and therefore need the power to last me through the day, so I tend to limit YouTube, GPS or other things which happily eat away at the battery.

DHD + latest Lord's ICS build (8.2 as I type this) with radio 26.13.04.19 has a great battery life even with all the hammering it takes from using DicePlayer, PowerAmp, exchange Email, Dolphin, XDA Premium and even games like temple run & zenonia 4...

With the above usage... I get the trip to work, actual work usage (i have my desk phone on divert to my mobile) and the trip home... all in one nights charge... so I only need to put it on charge before I go to bed.

Hell, I've even forgot to charge it overnight and I was still able to crawl through most of the day... with charging it late afternoon, ready for the 2nd half of the movie I was watching on my trip to work! >_< hahaha!

The idea of having loads stored on my device on a large SD Card is fine, but based on the above, I wouldn't use much of it.
The idea of losing the phone with so many eggs in one basket is not very appealing.

I hear you there dude... I had my 1st DHD nicked through a burglary... =(

However, all I ever lost was my 1st 32GB class10 MicroSD as well as my nandroids...

All my files, movies, music and photos exists on multiple devices... so anything that was on my DHD is a copy from my other machines...

...pity I didn't do the same with my Nandroid... I keep them locally for the purpose of error recovery... would've kept copies of it off the device had I wanted to be safeguarded from potential theft... =_=

As it's looking now.. unless HTC starts building new units with SD support, I'll not be jumping on their new range quite just yet...

If November 2012 hits and they've not released a device that fits the bill for me... its looking a lot like I'll be going for SGS3... =_=

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since a lot of people think the DHD is going to get old and move to phones like the HOX, I just want to tell you that the new microSD cards with a capacity of 64Gbyte work on this great device! The HOX doesn't even have half of this capacity.
    And...ICS is coming too! We still have some great devs here.

There is no need to buy a new phone.

If I haven't already bought the HOX, I would stay with my beloved DHD :)

Post 8 is card name and pic!

If this was helpful, please push THANKS.
    uploadfromtaptalk1340219133309.jpg

Btw SanDisk Ultra Class 10 microSDXC Ultra 64 GB

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
    d9cbe753-ca5e-4f58.jpg

IT DEFINITELY WORKS with 64gb.
    Those saying it doesn't work didn't try it.
    I'm using it right now :)))