[Q] HTC One X+ update to 4.4.2

Search This thread

hansiman0078

Jul 8, 2014
Hello,

I am really new to rooting and installing custom rom's etc and could use some help with updating my international HOX+ to Android 4.4.2.

I am looking for a really stable ROM for everyday use. I really don't want to give up on any hardware function of my HOX+.

Can anyone guide me through it a bit please ?

Thanks so much in advance.

sid394

Jan 2, 2011
Chennai
when you install a custom rom you will be loosing all of the HTC features that your phone currently has.. is that ok?

sid394

Jan 2, 2011
Chennai
I love ParanoidAndroid.. but there's one annoying bug where the music stutters sometimes when playing. If you dont mind then thats my first choice. Or else the only other option is Carbon Rom. And then don't try elitekernel rightaway, use the boot.img that comes inside the rom for now.

sid394

Jan 2, 2011
Chennai
You will be loosing the beautiful (atleast for me) Sense UI along with its widgets and HTC specific apps. With aosp based roms the phone's software will look just like every other android phone. I've switched back and forth between CM/PA/Carbon and ARHD/InsertCoin/Viper a THOUSAND times(literally!) and then finally decided that the best for this phone is InsertCoin 5.0.6 along with the kernel that comes with it. It is by far the fastest and smoothest rom of all mentioned above. Battery life may be a little bit bad because of the performance but I can live with it. Also I got the best battery life from PA rom by the way.

Reactions: /\/\

sam@xda29

Jun 23, 2013
All ROMs are best in their own so you are not allowed to compare the ROMs. Against the XDA Rules

Use the Stock ROMs for best stable at max what I can say.

Sent from my HTC One X+_Upgraded Model using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

/\/\

Jan 17, 2014
You will be loosing the beautiful (atleast for me) Sense UI along with its widgets and HTC specific apps. With aosp based roms the phone's software will look just like every other android phone.

I won't be crying after a bugged, black and white sense 5 ;).

Just like every other android phone? Nah, there are too many themes around.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will be loosing the beautiful (atleast for me) Sense UI along with its widgets and HTC specific apps. With aosp based roms the phone's software will look just like every other android phone. I've switched back and forth between CM/PA/Carbon and ARHD/InsertCoin/Viper a THOUSAND times(literally!) and then finally decided that the best for this phone is InsertCoin 5.0.6 along with the kernel that comes with it. It is by far the fastest and smoothest rom of all mentioned above. Battery life may be a little bit bad because of the performance but I can live with it. Also I got the best battery life from PA rom by the way.