So..what is the function of the extSD card now? What can I use it for?

Search This thread

Hahahalalala

Apr 12, 2013
Since KitKat doesn't allow movement of photos, apps, etc. to the SD card?
Now I'm wondering what is the use of my SD card cause I can't move anything to it? I don't use music on mine due to the battery life. I have a lot of photos, not sure if I need to delete now or what. I don't want to root. Thanks!

My parents are also going to get a phone w/ only 1.3 GB usable storage. And not sure what to do with photos because I can't move them to SD cards.
Also, I'm not able to save documents or recording I created to my SD card anymore. That was a reason why I bought the lowest internal space for a tablet I have. ANy tips?

Last edited:

orbitA13

Dec 2, 2013
Taguig City
www.darkorbitrom.com
Since KitKat doesn't allow movement of photos, apps, etc. to the SD card?
Now I'm wondering what is the use of my SD card cause I can't move anything to it? I don't use music on mine due to the battery life. I have a lot of photos, not sure if I need to delete now or what. I don't want to root. Thanks!

My parents are also going to get a phone w/ only 1.3 GB usable storage. And not sure what to do with photos because I can't move them to SD cards.
Also, I'm not able to save documents or recording I created to my SD card anymore. That was a reason why I bought the lowest internal space for a tablet I have. ANy tips?

I had read some really long and interesting articles and many posts about unhappy consumers concerning this issue with KitKat 4.4 and others are still wondering what it is Google is trying to do as it seems it is all based on a more secure system for our phones security wise and as for privacy and information especially when it comes to APPs that we tend to install and these APPs always wanting access to your phones information things that are very much personal. IE: Contacts, Emails, File Placement as to what the APP installs and where it installs things too.

The problem is Google did not care to inform the Public on these changes in KitKat 4.4 OS and how the SD Card is for the most part becoming some what obsolete. Many upgrading their low end cell phones that have little internal memory/storage and now using KitKat 4.4 and not knowing nothing to these critical changes of the SD Card and all that will effect their every day use of apps and gadgets such as the camera, music player, the storing of personal files etc...

My own suggestions, people can try a custom ROM or Kernel but of course there is always the warranty issue if your cell phone product is new and voiding your warranty. Avoid buying a cell phone with KitKat on it or avoid upgrading to KitKat for the time being to see what Google does and if they are going to listen to the general public and change things or not who knows... All things to think about now and in the future. :)

- orbit
My 2 Cents :)

Last edited: