wheres all the underwater videos???

Search This thread

Jhon998

Nov 27, 2013
UK - Live in UAE
Here's my Z2 taking a dive into a Lake for a few seconds.

axHmCNFl.jpg

Lake, all good, because it is not SALT, as a SEA, or BEACH... hope so... :D

pena_leve

Aug 20, 2004
Does anyone have tried to put the Z2 On the ocean?! Thats salt with water. Have tried with sweet water and the Phone still working. Need to know if it can resists to ocean. Thanks

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
When I asked Sony about the water proof certification, they said no salt water and no water with chemicals. So no pools or oceans. It's meant more or less for use in the rain, shower, bath, accidental drops in toilets, puddles, ponds, sinks, splashes, etc.. Or like the previous video, in a freshwater Lake for example.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

CodeNameRedNeck

May 14, 2012
Cardboard Box
This is a screenshot of one of several videos I took in a saltwater pool. The phone was never too deep in the pool and never for more than a few minutes. Call me what you like but I wanted to know if it would work. Everything still works like it should.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-13-13-59-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-13-13-59-58.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 154

pena_leve

Aug 20, 2004
That's it! I'll try on salt water too.
I'll post something about it.
Lol... hope it does not die in the ocean.

This is a screenshot of one of several videos I took in a saltwater pool. The phone was never too deep in the pool and never for more than a few minutes. Call me what you like but I wanted to know if it would work. Everything still works like it should.

pena_leve

Aug 20, 2004
Here it is. I hoje. A lot of pictures taken in ocean

Attachments

• DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 67

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
The thing with a salt water isn't only in fact that salt could damage and leave scratches on your device... It's in fact that salt salt conducts electricity and it could make short circuit if it passes flaps and barriers.

Sony strictly said - warranty won't be accepted if you submerged device into sea water...

Of course, you can try, someone will succeed, someone won't :)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

CodeNameRedNeck

May 14, 2012
Cardboard Box
The thing with a salt water isn't only in fact that salt could damage and leave scratches on your device... It's in fact that salt salt conducts electricity and it could make short circuit if it passes flaps and barriers.

Sony strictly said - warranty won't be accepted if you submerged device into sea water...

Of course, you can try, someone will succeed, someone won't :)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

That is true of water with any kind of minerals in it not just saltwater but you are right about saltwater.

pena_leve

Aug 20, 2004
Right on! You may want to rinse your phone with distilled water to get the saltwater out of there.

Only use water tap.
Nothing else more.
I do notice that the screen sometimes get's irresponsible, under water.
The camera switch from front to back with no reason.
And, the screen also gets very "oil".
The Z2 never went too down on ocean. Say, half a meter.
But until now everything is normal. :silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Personally I can't understand why some are so eager to dunk it in water just to test the water proofing, I mean if you have a crash proof car you ain't gonna crash it into a wall to test it.
    Salt water does erode away things alot easier

I think you can use in salt water, just only near the water surface

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Just for the record i am using the Phone to wrote this! At the Beach! ?