[Q] Help a Noob - Flash or Update Three UK G3

Search This thread

PsychoMania

Sep 16, 2010
Lancashire
Hi,

After reading a lot of threads and getting confused when they go off at a tangent could someone please help me.

I have a Three UK 16gb G3 and it's stuck on 10a firmware with no OTA or PC Suite update available, what I would like to know:

Is it possible to update it to a newer version manually without losing my data?
If so what software & file(s) do I need to do this?
After this will it get future OTA's or will I have to do it manually every time?

One last question:
Is there a way to flash it with the firmware for the sim free UK model (to get rid of the three bootscreen) and get OTA's in future, preferably without wiping my data?

The easier the better please as i'm new to flashing androids and would rather not have to root or mess about with anything too complex.

Many thanks in advance to those that take the time to help!

dan_hin

May 18, 2011
From what I understand you can flash an international European firmware and you'll get OTA updates. The only issue is that Three use different bands for lte than other euro carriers e.g. EE. This means you'll be without 4g unless you resort to a bit of hacking the build prop.

jonny_blagwind

Mar 15, 2013
Ah ha

From what I understand you can flash an international European firmware and you'll get OTA updates. The only issue is that Three use different bands for lte than other euro carriers e.g. EE. This means you'll be without 4g unless you resort to a bit of hacking the build prop.

this could answer my question i have the korean variant of the g3 and cannot pick up 4g in places i used to be able to with my galaxy s5 mine seems to have v10g installed would flashing a uk firmware be the answer?

Ps sorry i'm an lg noob as well :D

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

this could answer my question i have the korean variant of the g3 and cannot pick up 4g in places i used to be able to with my galaxy s5 mine seems to have v10g installed would flashing a uk firmware be the answer?

Ps sorry i'm an lg noob as well :D

lols this answers my question.... http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/mod-root-activate-lte-g3-t2819387

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
If you flash the stock firmware that does not mean you get OTA updates as it's done by IMEI and to remove the 3 splash screens you have to be rooted and remove the /data/.OP/H3G_COM folder

Reactions: PsychoMania

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you flash the stock firmware that does not mean you get OTA updates as it's done by IMEI and to remove the 3 splash screens you have to be rooted and remove the /data/.OP/H3G_COM folder