Bluetooth audio transmitter recommendations?

Search This thread

primarym

Oct 19, 2012
Hi,

I have a rather old Sony hifi at home and I'd like to transmit music wireless to it. My gf has an old iPod (no BT) which I'd like to connect as well.

The thing is I don't know how to achieve that. There are audio transmitters that use 3.5mm stereo jacks like this:

h t t p : / / w w w .e b a y . c o m /itm/Universal-HiFi-Audio-Music-Bluetooth-A2DP-3-5mmStereo-Dongle-Adapter-Transmitter-/261137567697?pt=US_USB_Bluetooth_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item3ccd030fd1"]

I plan to buy 2 of these. Connect one to my audio receiver and the other to the iPod. I then plan to pair my N7100 and the iPod with the transmitter connected to the audio receiver. Would that work? Do these kind of devices work both ways (receive/transmit)? Can I pair such devices with multiple devices to be used at different times?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
Hi,

I have a rather old Sony hifi at home and I'd like to transmit music wireless to it. My gf has an old iPod (no BT) which I'd like to connect as well.

The thing is I don't know how to achieve that. There are audio transmitters that use 3.5mm stereo jacks like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-H...luetooth_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item3ccd030fd1

I plan to buy 2 of these. Connect one to my audio receiver and the other to the iPod. I then plan to pair my N7100 and the iPod with the transmitter connected to the audio receiver. Would that work? Do these kind of devices work both ways (receive/transmit)? Can I pair such devices with multiple devices to be used at different times?

This is what I have. I would recommend it for your Note II in particular because it supports Apt-X as well as AD2P. Apt-X is a much higher quality codec for Bluetooth audio, and seeing as how you plan to use this with a decent stereo system, I wouldn't skimp out by using a cheapo $10 AD2P adapter...

primarym

Oct 19, 2012
Thank you for your answer. The one you have seems to be RX only. I know that there are a lot of alternatives for that. I've never heard how apt-x compressed music sounds but I heard of it. I bet the difference would be much greater when listening thru a decent hifi system but I doubt that I'll be able to distinguish it from standard BT compression given the age of the audio receiver I am using.

So my question still remains to be answered. A universal(3.5mm all around) and preferably cheap solution that I can use between 2 audio devices that don't have BT.. a receiving unit which preferably can handle multiple paired devices in different times.. and if possible.. a solution that one has implemented successfully :)

p.s.: Belkin and Logitech have audio receivers that I can get but for the sending unit I don't know what I should go with since these units are RX only. I see that Ebay carries some RX/TX units which can change transmission mode though I don't know how that is possible...

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
Thank you for your answer. The one you have seems to be RX only. I know that there are a lot of alternatives for that. I've never heard how apt-x compressed music sounds but I heard of it. I bet the difference would be much greater when listening thru a decent hifi system but I doubt that I'll be able to distinguish it from standard BT compression given the age of the audio receiver I am using.

So my question still remains to be answered. A universal(3.5mm all around) and preferably cheap solution that I can use between 2 audio devices that don't have BT.. a receiving unit which preferably can handle multiple paired devices in different times.. and if possible.. a solution that one has implemented successfully :)

p.s.: Belkin and Logitech have audio receivers that I can get but for the sending unit I don't know what I should go with since these units are RX only. I see that Ebay carries some RX/TX units which can change transmission mode though I don't know how that is possible...

The HM3000 which I recommended to you is not just RX only. The one you listed is. The HM3000 has a mic for standard phone use TX/RX use.

The product you listed, only receives BT audio from one device, and outputs that audio to a 3.5mm jack. Nothing else.

The HM3000 can pair with multiple devices (but only playback from one at a time).

Even though the 3.5mm jack on the HM3000 is a female connector, you can change that really easily with one of these, or something similar.

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
If I've got Bluetooth audio in my car, but no a2dp (voice calls only), would one of those work? U guys seem to know what you're talking about in here. ;)
I'm looking for a wireless streaming solution that won't break the bank..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Jade Eyed Wolf

Nov 4, 2010
Arlington Virginia
If I've got Bluetooth audio in my car, but no a2dp (voice calls only), would one of those work? U guys seem to know what you're talking about in here. ;)

Same device as I recommend above. Just plug it into your AUX line input in your car.

Reactions: decalex

eddyz

Oct 22, 2008
This is what I have. I would recommend it for your Note II in particular because it supports Apt-X as well as AD2P. Apt-X is a much higher quality codec for Bluetooth audio, and seeing as how you plan to use this with a decent stereo system, I wouldn't skimp out by using a cheapo $10 AD2P adapter...

hi
can the hm3000 skip tracks with music?

AndrewL21

Oct 13, 2007
AptX is the only way to go. Don't bother with any cheaper ones that don't have this codec. You can tell the difference EVEN through really bad ear buds, nevermind speakers.

Avantree Saturn supports both tx and rx. Or above mentioned are fine also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

FluidDruid

Oct 27, 2011
Enfield
I have a QED uPlay Puck plugged into my Hi-Fi (I'm too new to post URLs here, sorry).

It's mains powered and Rx only, so would be no good for a car, but might fit the OP's needs. It supports multiple devices - I've paired it with my desktop and laptop (both using plain old SBC compression) and my Note II (apt-X), and I can switch between the three seamlessly (disconnect Bluetooth on one device and connect it on another).

Sound quality is great, especially from the Note II (I use with with Spotify's "Extreme Quality" streaming setting).

If you wanted to connect an iPod, you can get apt-X adapters for those too. Sennheiser make a fairly decent one called the BTD 300i.

Hope that helps :)

ericritou

Oct 14, 2009
BT

There are a few options but mains powered means never having to worry about charging...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2TT8BN63D5B1U

Hi,

h t t p : / / w w w .e b a y . c o m /itm/Universal-HiFi-Audio-Music-Bluetooth-A2DP-3-5mmStereo-Dongle-Adapter-Transmitter-/261137567697?pt=US_USB_Bluetooth_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item3ccd030fd1"]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Same device as I recommend above. Just plug it into your AUX line input in your car.