[Q] SM-N900T Runing 4.4.2 Kit Kat. Can I root without trpping Knox flag?

Search This thread

Rich3077

Dec 22, 2011
Just picked up a new Note 3 and root is required to run an app that is critical to me.

I was just about to root and then call and cancel my insurance.. then I started noticing threads where people have claimed root on 4.4.2 without tripping the Knox flag.

This is a new phone, never before rooted. I do own Mobile Oden Pro and Triangle away and am willing to purchase other apps if needed.

Either way this phone will be rooted but I would like to keep my insurance warranty if possible.

Thanks

Edit.. custom recovery would be an added bonus not is not needed.

Last edited:
re: rooting

Just picked up a new Note 3 and root is required to run an app that is critical to me.

I was just about to root and then call and cancel my insurance.. then I started noticing threads where people have claimed root on 4.4.2 without tripping the Knox flag.

This is a new phone, never before rooted. I do own Mobile Oden Pro and Triangle away and am willing to purchase other apps if needed.

Either way this phone will be rooted but I would like to keep my insurance warranty if possible.

Thanks

If your baseband is NB4 or NE6 you can use "Towelroot" for rooting
otherwise if your baseband is NF1 or NF4 Towelroot will not work.

Towelroot will not trip knox.

If you flash any custom recovery knox will get triggered
but so far no one lost their warranty due to triggering knox.

Without custom recovery you will not be able to flash any
custom roms.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich3077

Thanks

You can use your insurance even with knox tripping. It only voids your samsung warranty, not your insurance. Just an fyi.

Sent from my leanKernel 3.4 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF4) SM-N900T

mrej201

Mar 18, 2012
union city NJ
my friend tmobile insurance doesnt care if you have knox trip off

either way you pay one 175 for a new note or screen fix we so i dont matter if you damage the phone or the system

Rich3077

Dec 22, 2011
Thanks towelroot worked great with my NB4 baseband..and my needed app works great as well.

effortless

Feb 11, 2007
Philadelphia

Thanks

Just use The EffortLess Way to root NF4 without tripping KNOX!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    re: rooting

Thanks

If your baseband is NB4 or NE6 you can use "Towelroot" for rooting
    otherwise if your baseband is NF1 or NF4 Towelroot will not work.

Towelroot will not trip knox.

If you flash any custom recovery knox will get triggered
    but so far no one lost their warranty due to triggering knox.

Without custom recovery you will not be able to flash any
    custom roms.

Good luck!

Thanks

You can use your insurance even with knox tripping. It only voids your samsung warranty, not your insurance. Just an fyi.

Sent from my leanKernel 3.4 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF4) SM-N900T
    my friend tmobile insurance doesnt care if you have knox trip off

either way you pay one 175 for a new note or screen fix we so i dont matter if you damage the phone or the system