[OFFICIAL] Vivek's ROM v6.0 (JPU) Feedback , Report problem encountered, suggestions.

Search This thread

vivekchamoli

Nov 19, 2010
New Delhi
OnePlus One
OnePlus 8T
Please help. What can I do for a greater battery life?? Compared to other ROM (Indroid) half. I would like to keep Vivek ROM is really cool, but this bothers me and it's pretty fundamental problem. : Zmatený:

Hi,
Did you faced a battery drain over my rom? if so do report. As well as you can flash the g3mod v1.8 performance if you faces battery drain else stick to the v1.9 performance.

Hope this will help you.
Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

vivekchamoli

Nov 19, 2010
New Delhi
OnePlus One
OnePlus 8T
This is straight up the best ROM i came across....simple, clean & fast.....and battery life AMAZING!!!!!
Performance?????........very very good!!!

I was able to successfully update to 2.0 from my stock ROM that i reverted to, because the previous ROM i was using wasn't stable at all.

Very good installation tutorial as well!!!!

however.. i found sum bugs,,which isn't really of issue....but could make your ROM flawless!!

1) Maps don't work, as well as Places app... i keep getting a no network error every time i try connecting!!..& sometimes it just keeps loading...and loading...& loading..... doesn't stop loading actually!!!

2) Call end tone doesn't work.... whenever a call ends you aren't notified by the tone... I kinda like knowing when the call ends!!

Like i said its not much of a problem, but thats the errors i found so far..!

Thanks again 7 keep up the excellent JOB!!!!!
Hi Daren,
Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback. . And reporting some issues which i havn`t noticed.
For issue No 1 : all you have to do is goto "/sdcard/Android/data" and delete all folders except g3mod and reboot your phone and try using maps, places or gps it will def gonna work. ..this all happens due to old roms maps entry or stock rom maps.
for 2nd one i have to check and will release an update or so.

Thanks once again.

Ok...I tried deleting the folders and yet still I get the same problem....

My internal space is also decreasing, I have 127mb left...I am using app2sd and also partitioned over my device and wipe cache as you mention to a user in a previous post....

Can you assist...?

vivekchamoli

Nov 19, 2010
New Delhi
OnePlus One
OnePlus 8T
Ok...I tried deleting the folders and yet still I get the same problem....

My internal space is also decreasing, I have 127mb left...I am using app2sd and also partitioned over my device and wipe cache as you mention to a user in a previous post....

Can you assist...?

Hi Daren
The space will be used by internal memory for davlink n cache . is there any change in size of scards app2sd.?.

If you facing issue,in places app just goto settings » location and security and select use wifi and next two other options And try it will work.

sidzcool

Dec 26, 2010
Mumbai
how to flash from stock jps

hey Vivek this is Sidharth Sanjeev from the Facebook grp ... I want to try out ur rom and I will be doing it mostly tomorrow. I m on stock jps with g3mod 1.8 performance. can I directly flash ur rom over it.??? and also before I used stock I had a2sd wen I was in kyrillos rom so will the partition still be there?? thanks on advance and cheers for ur good work .. keep it up!!!

vivekchamoli

Nov 19, 2010
New Delhi
OnePlus One
OnePlus 8T
hey Vivek this is Sidharth Sanjeev from the Facebook grp ... I want to try out ur rom and I will be doing it mostly tomorrow. I m on stock jps with g3mod 1.8 performance. can I directly flash ur rom over it.??? and also before I used stock I had a2sd wen I was in kyrillos rom so will the partition still be there?? thanks on advance and cheers for ur good work .. keep it up!!!
Yes , you can flash my ROM if you have Jps as base ROM ... :)

sidzcool

Dec 26, 2010
Mumbai
thanks and wat abt the partition? will it still be there?How do i check it?

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Yes , you can flash my ROM if you have Jps as base ROM ... :)

wat abt the partition?will it still be there?how do i check it?

sidzcool

Dec 26, 2010
Mumbai
yea i flashed ur rom and a2sd is there.. thanx man i wil let u know how the battery is and how the rom performs. thanks again 4 d awesome rom.

sidzcool

Dec 26, 2010
Mumbai
set cpu profile

U said u get 20 hrs of battery life so do u set any specific setcpu profile on ur phone?If so do tell me

sidzcool

Dec 26, 2010
Mumbai
Hmmmm strange I will uninstall setcpu and try. With setcpu phone suddenly turns off at 45% :( don't know y...

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

alcsilian

Jun 19, 2011
Bucharest
Hello. Ok after testing your rom I might say that is one of the best. But I found 2 problems:

1. You enter contacts and if you press the Back key it won't take you out. You need to press the Home key to exit.
2. I usualy use 3G Internet, but the main problem is that your ROM doesn't allow me. I enter Mobile Network, I activate Use Packet data, I exit, but when I come back its not marked. Please check this out.

Oh I just remineded when you rotate the phone the image is a little wrong. Check that out too.

Hope this help you out in the future releases. Also you could try some more cool icons.

vivekchamoli

Nov 19, 2010
New Delhi
OnePlus One
OnePlus 8T
Hello. Ok after testing your rom I might say that is one of the best. But I found 2 problems:

1. You enter contacts and if you press the Back key it won't take you out. You need to press the Home key to exit.
2. I usualy use 3G Internet, but the main problem is that your ROM doesn't allow me. I enter Mobile Network, I activate Use Packet data, I exit, but when I come back its not marked. Please check this out.

Oh I just remineded when you rotate the phone the image is a little wrong. Check that out too.

Hope this help you out in the future releases. Also you could try some more cool icons.
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback , for issue no 1 , which is a known issue with most roms esp when using launcherpro without restoring the icons , all you need to do is copy the launcherpro_backup folder to your Sdcard and from the left menu --> preferences--> and select "restore backup". click ok 2 times and this issue will get resolved.

for the 2nd issue of 3g , since i'm presently on 2g network and has no 3G access , i will check with other developers to have a look if its working or not..

for the meanwhile can you tell which kernel are u using ..is it g3mod v1.9 performance or extreme or ultimate ?
Do one thing try flashing with light version 1.9 and download it from the below link.
http://code.google.com/p/g3modteam/downloads/list .

Do let me know if that helps .

cheers.

sidzcool

Dec 26, 2010
Mumbai
I found a error with the lockscreen mod. While playing music the Samsung unlock and s2 unlock works very well wen changing or pausing songs but for lockscreens it only shows play and pause but it doesn't work.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This post is for the members who has limited access to to development section for replying to the thread.

So I have started this Forum for the same to get your feedback and suggestions or you faced any issue report it.

ROM Images

2011-09-14_00.07.52.png
    2011-09-15_22.27.45.png
    2011-09-15_22.33.19.png

2011-09-15_22.37.27.png
    2011-09-15_22.39.13.png
    2011-09-15_22.40.35.png

2011-09-15_22.50.23.png

Feel free to post your observation and Bug report.

Those who has not yet viewed my thread over development here is the link

VIVEK's ROM v6.0 (JPU)

Thanks.
    i am using ur rom 1.1 its fast and clean.
    U said u get 20 hrs of battery life so do u set any specific setcpu profile on ur phone?If so do tell me
    Hi ,
    Yes I use but I tested 20 hr's without setcpu.

I found a error with the lockscreen mod. While playing music the Samsung unlock and s2 unlock works very well wen changing or pausing songs but for lockscreens it only shows play and pause but it doesn't work.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using xda premium
    Hmm,
    I know it still working to fix it .. :(
    Finally I managed to solve the problem of rapid loss of battery. In exchange oc G3 1.9 kernel for non-oc. Now it seems everything is OK. Please would it be possible to deliver a package by TW launcher??
    Sure will addon Tw Launcher in v3.0 :)