US Cellular Variant Offical Thread

Search This thread

slmjimy311

Jul 30, 2011
Yes that site just has a set by step guide for installing the Team Epic recovery using ODIN and it worked on my US Cellular Galaxy S III.

Seconded on the separate forum idea. I think there will be more than enough people to have one. I know a lot of people is moving to this from the Desire and that had a decent sized community.

Hey, would you mind linking me to the exact page with the directions on it please? I went to the website, and I searched for "Team Epic" and I found nothing. Thanks!

alaindesjardins

Dec 1, 2010
Bangor, ME
I agree... a section on the forums for us would be really useful. I always hated with the mesmerize having to browse the fascinate section and find the part where someone posted "this is what you do for USCC". At least with our own sections we could separate things and make it easier for everyone.

RandoStRand

Jul 15, 2012
Don't get your hopes up kids. we've been trying to get sub-forums for usc devices for ages now. We fall into the low-use devices usually.

vexx00

Aug 4, 2009
Hey, would you mind linking me to the exact page with the directions on it please? I went to the website, and I searched for "Team Epic" and I found nothing. Thanks!

I can't post links yet but the title for the post is "How to Root U.S. and Canada Galaxy S3 SGH-T999/SGH-I747/SPH-L710! [Fail-Proof][Noob-Proof][U.S. Cellular]".

It looks like everyone is asking because they updated the title and put U.S. Cellular in it.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

I agree... a section on the forums for us would be really useful. I always hated with the mesmerize having to browse the fascinate section and find the part where someone posted "this is what you do for USCC". At least with our own sections we could separate things and make it easier for everyone.

Don't get your hopes up kids. we've been trying to get sub-forums for usc devices for ages now. We fall into the low-use devices usually.

There is some work going on to create an environment for non-carrier specific roms. So that might solve the issue at least on the the rom front.

Still would be nice to have our own sub-forums to post about other carrier specific issues. Is it normally an issue of not having someone to moderate the forums?

nairbandroid

Jul 11, 2012
Thanks "Team Epic recovery using ODIN" worked perfect. No problems at all.

+1 for getting US Cellular its own thread. Even if less activity would give us more of a home and not use other carriers forums.

S3AL3DF4T3

Apr 15, 2012
Bellows Falls
+1 for US Cellular thread would be nice to not feel so out if place with their devices. US Cellular has been making some leaps forward they purchased some of Verizon 700mhz frequency for LTE. They also have LTE in 16 cites/towns and are adding 23 more cites/towns by the end of 2012.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Pompsy

Jul 5, 2012
I pmed mod Reinbeau to ask about getting us our own section. THe idea was shot down because we have to small of a userbase. He/she said to use the Verizon forums, as that is the compatible section.

thcaddict

Feb 27, 2011
I pmed mod Reinbeau to ask about getting us our own section. THe idea was shot down because we have to small of a userbase. He/she said to use the Verizon forums, as that is the compatible section.

How is the Verizon GS3 the most compatible with ours? The Verizon one has a locked boot loader so it is quite different from ours isnt it? I would think that we would be closest to Sprint. Just a guess though :)

nairbandroid

Jul 11, 2012
How is the Verizon GS3 the most compatible with ours? The Verizon one has a locked boot loader so it is quite different from ours isnt it? I would think that we would be closest to Sprint. Just a guess though :)

I believe hardware wise Verizion is closest... but with locked boot loader your right about that being a big different issue we don't have.

Bump for USSC forum

Last edited:

puk3n

Mar 14, 2011
maine
again another +1 for uscc sgs III [sch-r530u]

for a touchwiz rom, and being ICS i am actually pretty content. a custom kernel would help for now untill CM 10 comes out though...

got my pay pal loaded up with funds, and also i am willing to assist when i can to help make a great uscc forum for the sgsIII

tmacftw

Jul 20, 2012
again another +1 for uscc sgs III [sch-r530u]

for a touchwiz rom, and being ICS i am actually pretty content. a custom kernel would help for now untill CM 10 comes out though...

got my pay pal loaded up with funds, and also i am willing to assist when i can to help make a great uscc forum for the sgsIII

likely getting that gs3 tomorrow from US Cell

I am completely new to rooting and would appreciate any and all help. Hopefully we can get our own section!

NewMan4Life2010

Mar 16, 2010
OMAHA,NE
I would like and US Cellular Thread. Also The Verizon New Teamwin Recovery works on our phones.

I tested on my 32GB Galaxy S3 Stock Root Rom.

Backup and Restore works
Everything under Wipe manu works but format system
Factory wipe all works
The file manager works for the external SDCard and for Internal SDCard you have to go to data/media to see your files.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

PriTel03

Sep 26, 2010
Chicago
just made the switch

My family just made the switch from at&t this week. My S3 is patiently waiting for me at my parents' home and I was just wondering if I should expect a lot of USC bloatware when I start her up tomorrow night... I remember when my galaxy s from at&t had about 6 or 7 annoying, frustratingly useless apps on it before I rooted it and removed them.

Also, I'm really hoping the devs pull through on the non-carrier specific ROMs, otherwise I will be regretting the switch!

puk3n

Mar 14, 2011
maine
likely getting that gs3 tomorrow from US Cell

I am completely new to rooting and would appreciate any and all help. Hopefully we can get our own section!

although i have never met you, i know one thing thats for certain, once that sgs III has the honor of gracing your palm its going to change your life forever :highfive:

side note: one (and only one) of the motivating factors that has swayed me away from the Gnex is "internal SD" really? no external?
makes me a bit claustrophobic. looks like cloud storage, under duress.

I mean c'mon the reason i love android is because it is all about options

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    root66 for US Cellular R530UVXALK5

I was grabbing some stock files to compare CSC's so figured I'd post up a pre-rooted stock USC R530UVXALK5 (Jelly Bean 4.1.1).

This is the same thing I post for the Verizon Galaxy S III in this thread except for US Celluar but if you have questions they could more than likely be answered by reading there. This should not wipe data.
    Download root66_USC_R530UVXALK5.7z

Also here is an ODIN flashable stock recovery from the same base: USC_recovery_R530UVXALK5.tar.md5

Enjoy US Cellular people....
    My successful d2usc roms

I have tried several flavors and kinds but my favorite so far is SlimKat.

CM11 M10 to M12 - Android 4.4.2-4 - Installed just fine. No network. No signal. Abandoning all hope as APN does not resolve issue or flashing current baseband of R530UVXUBMJA (4.3 Jellybean Baseband)
    • Download
    • N/A

SlimKat: Slim-d2lte-4.4.4.build.7.0-OFFICIAL - Android 4.4.4 - Installed just fine (used CWM Recovery). Network and data alright! Excellent battery life (almost 13 hours on one charge). Dark UI. NOTE: Build 9.0 breaks network and data but 7.0 is really good.
    • Download
    • Cannot post URLs... wah wah

LiquidSmooth: LS-LP-v4.1-2015-05-14-liquid_d2usc - Android 5.1.1 - Installed easily. Took a while to set up but runs very nicely. Lots of changes between 4.4.4 and 5.1.1. Not great battery life but better than stock. MMS is not workind for me (did not try to hard to fix it though, just reverted to SlimKat Build 7). Uses Layers to theme device. Used Inversion UI for Layers.
    • Download
    • Cannot post URLs... wah wah

RESULTS:

1. SlimKat: Most stable, longest battery life, Dark UI.
    2. LiquidSmooth: Most up to date with Lollipop.
    3. CyanogenMod: Lost all network capabilities. Old. US Cellular not being actively supported.
    Is there any way to disable RUIM on JZ054K (4.1.2) build? My coworker recently moved from USCC territory to where we are now, and USCC told him he has 30 days to port out because he is roaming 24/7. I've tried DFS & CDMAworkshop but neither will make RUIM NVONLY setting stick. I have yet to try QPST/QXDM.

use one of these password on DFS

Sprint: 01F2030F5F678FF9 or 2012112120131219 (2013+)
    USCC: 2010031619780721
    Verizon: 2009031920090615 or 2010031619780721

and then set to NV Only ( I clicked write several time, and it sticks! )
    The kernel source has been released for the SCH-R530U (aka the USCC version) on opensource.samsung.com. It's really up to a developer now to do some building.
    Has anyone rooted this phone yet? Can we get our own section?