Just to be Clear about Beats Audio

Search This thread

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Beats only works in the HTC music player and HTC video player. Ive read reviews, even watched review videos from real reviewers that discuss the audio coming from the speaker as sounding great because of Beats.

read here for explanation:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/11/15/beats-audio-stock-music-video-apps/

I just want this to be clear for people who may be trying out the phone and expecting to hear amazing sound and being disappointed in Beats and the Phone.

Hope this helps :)

jim_0068

Jul 12, 2009
Once/if the phone is rooted would there be a way to manually turn it on regardless? There was a dev that included beats into an incredible S ROM and it seemed to work whenever you wanted it too, even regardless of headphone brand; i think.

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Glad they work with any headphones. I love the white ones that came with my iPod. Just kidding. I have a couple pairs of Bose that I really like so I think I'll sell the beats ones.

Reactions: embaby

GoBears

Nov 1, 2011
Personally I wish HTC would offer s beats free version of the Rezound for 100 bucks less.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Yeah those headphones are going on eBay. I would be happy with $50 for them since I consider them a bonus since the Razr is also $299

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
i always used cheap jbuds from amazon for 10 bucsk..loved them, and the funny thing is i'm a total audiophile/musician, but when it comes to earbuds, i don't spend money on them because i'd rather use actual headphones

so getthing these beats for free with it was a nice little changeup, i actually REALLY like how they sound with beats audio turned on.

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
Beats as a sound enhancer is interesting. It boosts bass frequencies, seemingly cranks up the overall gain of the signal (Heavy limiting... a little too much IMO), and puts a little extra emphasis on the top end (highs).

The Beats earbuds seems to color the sound in a similar fashion (save the signal boost, of course...). This is actually a problem because the effect is doubled, effectively over-coloring the sound. The result is unnatural and fatiguing to the ear. The easy test is to try it without beats enabled while using the beats earbuds. Sounds pretty decent, but these aren't exactly top-shelf buds.

The other option is to use Beats Audio with really nice earbuds. I'll bet that will sound nice. I've got some Phonak Audeo earbuds that I use for in-ear stage monitoring with my 80s band. Maybe I'll bust them out and do a shootout with the beats buds. Having heard both sets of buds with music, I have no doubt the Phonaks will sound better. But I'm curious about how they'll respond to the Beats Audio effect.

Hey has anybody else noticed audio noise on the line when music is NOT playing? I get electrical noise when it's hooked up to my truck's audio system, with the audible frequency of the noise changing as the engine's RPMs do. Grounding issue? It never did that with my Incredible.

On my old Incredible, I had NilsP's Buisness Gingersense 3.5 ROM on it, and it had Beats Audio capability as well. With Beats enabled on the Incredible, the bass boost and crisp clean treble sounds were quite nice, but I don't think the Incredible had the hardware to do all the signal boosting like we get with the Rezound. The sound of Beats enabled on my Incredbile would've satisfied an audiophile. It was fantastic. Jury is still out for me re: beats on the Rezound. So far, the Rezound's Beats audio feels just a bit too in-your-face.

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
well if you bought the phone solely because of 'beats' then lol ...

but yeah, just using an EQ and knowing how to properly adjust it is really all you need.

voxigenboy

Jul 2, 2010
San Diego
beats will not work through bluetooth as well, even using HTC Media player on the phone...

sadly, blue tooth isn't really intended to be used for music.. at least not current versions of bluetooth up to 3.0(which is what the rezound uses). apparently though, bluetooth 4.0 will be better structured for music. but then again, that does you no good if you have a rezound.

Reactions: danutzz

danutzz

Mar 24, 2011
Chicago
Is that why there's a 1-2 second delay in the music when i change tracks? lol
I've had the OG droid, thunderbolt, and now the rezound... they all have that 1-2 second delay in sound from the device to sound in my car. I was beginning to think it's my car's bluetooth that is the issue.

mc_365

Sep 17, 2009
Jersey City
The Rezound's Beats audio feels just a bit too in-your-face.
It's supposed to be in your face. Think about Dr. Dre and the Genre he has dominated. Beats is what it is meant to be. I remember wearing a head band around the outside of my headphones to get the speakers closer to my ears and seal out ambient noise. Beats make the 808 kick like the booming systems in the truncks of the Jeeps of my youth. It's not audiophile but it is what it is and the people like it, and you can turn it off if you don't like it.

2cents

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beats as a sound enhancer is interesting. It boosts bass frequencies, seemingly cranks up the overall gain of the signal (Heavy limiting... a little too much IMO), and puts a little extra emphasis on the top end (highs).

The Beats earbuds seems to color the sound in a similar fashion (save the signal boost, of course...). This is actually a problem because the effect is doubled, effectively over-coloring the sound. The result is unnatural and fatiguing to the ear. The easy test is to try it without beats enabled while using the beats earbuds. Sounds pretty decent, but these aren't exactly top-shelf buds.

The other option is to use Beats Audio with really nice earbuds. I'll bet that will sound nice. I've got some Phonak Audeo earbuds that I use for in-ear stage monitoring with my 80s band. Maybe I'll bust them out and do a shootout with the beats buds. Having heard both sets of buds with music, I have no doubt the Phonaks will sound better. But I'm curious about how they'll respond to the Beats Audio effect.

Hey has anybody else noticed audio noise on the line when music is NOT playing? I get electrical noise when it's hooked up to my truck's audio system, with the audible frequency of the noise changing as the engine's RPMs do. Grounding issue? It never did that with my Incredible.

On my old Incredible, I had NilsP's Buisness Gingersense 3.5 ROM on it, and it had Beats Audio capability as well. With Beats enabled on the Incredible, the bass boost and crisp clean treble sounds were quite nice, but I don't think the Incredible had the hardware to do all the signal boosting like we get with the Rezound. The sound of Beats enabled on my Incredbile would've satisfied an audiophile. It was fantastic. Jury is still out for me re: beats on the Rezound. So far, the Rezound's Beats audio feels just a bit too in-your-face.
    Fyi it doesn't matter what brand headphones are...beats sstill works...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App
    Glad they work with any headphones. I love the white ones that came with my iPod. Just kidding. I have a couple pairs of Bose that I really like so I think I'll sell the beats ones.
    beats will not work through bluetooth as well, even using HTC Media player on the phone...

sadly, blue tooth isn't really intended to be used for music.. at least not current versions of bluetooth up to 3.0(which is what the rezound uses). apparently though, bluetooth 4.0 will be better structured for music. but then again, that does you no good if you have a rezound.