{ROM}(ROCKO)(EternityProject)Locked&unlocked(03/23/12 new 2.3.5 test)

Search This thread

RockoDev

Apr 28, 2010
Denver, CO
The Electrify version hasnt been updated to the last couple versions, has it? Looked around but I havent seen anything, dont know if I missed something. Thank you.

sessar has been helping with the electrify but I think he has been busy lately I can update like I have in the past

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

stonesaber

Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere in Wisconsin
I've tried to flash the locked version a couple of times now, but it hangs at the "Dual Core" screen. I followed the install instructions. Also, I can't get back into bootstrap by just plugging in the power cable after this. I have to restore the SBF through RSDlite and start over.

Anyone else running into this issue?

SBF'ing as I type because of the same thing. After bricking my Epic Touch yesterday and the problems with the Mopho tonight, I think after I get everything set back up I'm gonna just freakin' use my phone for a while instead of wasting my time. I appreciate all the devs and the effort they put into these roms, but I'm felling a little dejected now.

ZeroManArmy

Nov 23, 2011
Colorado
SBF'ing as I type because of the same thing. After bricking my Epic Touch yesterday and the problems with the Mopho tonight, I think after I get everything set back up I'm gonna just freakin' use my phone for a while instead of wasting my time. I appreciate all the devs and the effort they put into these roms, but I'm felling a little dejected now.

Alright Edward, I will plunge into your ROM soon. I promise. Just gotta do some things on CM9.

What is the full method to install? Same as in qbkings77's videos?

DethMetalz69

Nov 21, 2011
Orland, CA

unlock it? personally 4g is not worth all the battery life you have to lose by staying stock. +all the bloatware gone, AND a nice selection between blur, cm9, cm7, AND miui.

i cant even think of a reason to stay locked.

stonesaber

Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere in Wisconsin
unlock it? personally 4g is not worth all the battery life you have to lose by staying stock. +all the bloatware gone, AND a nice selection between blur, cm9, cm7, AND miui.

i cant even think of a reason to stay locked.

I just had a really bad couple of days with my phones. I'm one of many that bricked an epic touch using a combo of odin and clockwork touch recovery, then I had some signal issues on my unlocked and rom'ed photon so I decided to lock and try stock again. Well, that lasted a total of about 15 min when I decided to try bootstrap and some p-roms. And that lasted 2 flashes and now I'm on my way to unlocking again and restoring some back-ups. I think I may have OCD when it comes to flashing roms.:D

Reactions: oldpreowner

RockoDev

Apr 28, 2010
Denver, CO
I just had a really bad couple of days with my phones. I'm one of many that bricked an epic touch using a combo of odin and clockwork touch recovery, then I had some signal issues on my unlocked and rom'ed photon so I decided to lock and try stock again. Well, that lasted a total of about 15 min when I decided to try bootstrap and some p-roms. And that lasted 2 flashes and now I'm on my way to unlocking again and restoring some back-ups. I think I may have OCD when it comes to flashing roms.:D

sometimes our phones,can be time consuming but at the end of the day it all makes it worth it :D

Plancy

Jun 24, 2010
Is this based off 198_7 or 198_6? Could SBFing to 198_7 have causes my update PRL/profile problem. Are you SBF'd to 198_7, edward.hidalgo? Cause earlier you state that you were able to do these updates. thank you :)

RockoDev

Apr 28, 2010
Denver, CO
Is this based off 198_7 or 198_6? Could SBFing to 198_7 have causes my update PRL/profile problem. Are you SBF'd to 198_7, edward.hidalgo? Cause earlier you state that you were able to do these updates. thank you :)

198_7 ill going to make a completely stock rom and you can try that one a lil later

lucidvtec

Jul 28, 2010
Installed the latest unlocked

Looms really nice...battery life is really good...super smooth

The gallery is still messed up...never loads the pic...and if i try and open a picture in messing i get a force close

One thing i thought was neat...is one first boot i noticed the 4g icon!!!

It was searching didnt connect...im gonna try it later in a area i know has good 4g

Does anyone have the stock gallery in a apk or zip

Maybe from a stock blur rom ....make me a backup plz in titanium backup

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

RockoDev

Apr 28, 2010
Denver, CO
Installed the latest unlocked

Looms really nice...battery life is really good...super smooth

The gallery is still messed up...never loads the pic...and if i try and open a picture in messing i get a force close

One thing i thought was neat...is one first boot i noticed the 4g icon!!!

It was searching didnt connect...im gonna try it later in a area i know has good 4g

Does anyone have the stock gallery in a apk or zip

Maybe from a stock blur rom ....make me a backup plz in titanium backup

yea on my new build 4g tries to connect for some reason tried to ask joker but he has been really busy with cm9 and for the stock gallery i will try to fix it i can find what file its missing its been a headache

stonesaber

Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere in Wisconsin
Just loaded up your new build. Definitely like it a lot. My gallery is jacked up but I hate the stock one anyway so no biggie there. I use quickpic and the stock android gallery and they work just fine. Runnin' fast and smooth and looks great.

Reactions: RockoDev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Sorry No Longer Supported"

1zykbph.jpg
    Member of EternityProject
    RockoDev aka:edward.hidalgo

Disclosures: If you brick your phone flashing this custom ROM, I am not responsible.

Rom Features

Based on 2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7
    Smooth and Stable
    Awesome Battery Life
    boost bin file
    Themed
    Jokers 1.3 kernel
    Deodexed
    Reboot Options
    Extended Toggles
    Razr Libs
    EXT4 Tweaks
    Modded Browser
    Ram Optimizations
    Lag Fixes
    Battery Mod
    Battery Tweaks
    1x Mod
    Custom Boot Animation
    ICS Transition Animations
    SD Card Read Ahead Tweak
    Build.prop Tweaks
    Lag Fixes
    Init.d Support
    Init.d Scripts
    Render UI With GPU
    Ram Tweaks
    Other Tweaks that i forgot

===Changelogs===

===THANKS===​

ZeroManArmy-joker-seesser-Nottach-Lokifish Marz

want to follow me:
    twitter:mad:49ersfan2010
    or at Eternityproject
    or add me on gtalk
    edwardhidalgo57@gmail.com

===Reviews and Tutorials===

Review of Rocko Rom - qbking77 Video
    How to Install - qbking77 Video

Don't forget to give thumbs up in YouTube and subscribe to qbking77 video.

Special Thanks & Credit

**Please consider donating to help me buy a new battery Thank you**
    Electrify Bootstrap Test Rom

This Rom is for the USCellular Electrify that is running 2.3.5!!! This zip will replace your /system folder with a modified stock 2.3.5 /system folder.

For Unlocked Electrify running 2.3.5 CWM boot-able backup Please download the link marked "Unlocked Only (Patch)" and simply install patch over current Rom and do data wipe (both caches). I also recommend you install a Joker Kernel before installing this patch for best results.

First off ROCKO is created by edward.hidalgo. This is his work I just inserted ROCKO into the stock Electrify and was able to get it to work (for the most part, I get one error still). Please thank him and his helpers for all the hard work and for helping me with the mod.

Files Updated 1/17/12:
    Locked Only (Full ROM ): http://min.us/mbr812imaW
    Unlocked Only (Patch): http://min.us/mbpQNA6IxV

Changes include as of 1/17/12:
    Deodex (themes coming soon)
    8 point touch fixed
    Malware Removed
    ROCKO tweaks
    ICS tweaks
    Joker Tweaks
    Speedy v7 tweaks
    Only one file to flash Now

Unlocked Patch is just beats and xloud mods with speed tweaks.

For Locked 2.3.5 USCellular Electrifies:

First Be on the stock 2.3.5 SBF
    Be rooted using Torpedo

Below is Two Zips, The first one is file that you might need when on the stock rom to prep for this Rom, Second is the Rom.

1. gscript/apps: http://min.us/mTdzlgIFQ
    2. ROM: http://min.us/mbr812imaW

First from Rooted Stock unzip the first file to internal sd it contains gscript that allows you to run the speed scripts and apk that you will need. Copy the other two zips to the external sd.
    Note: Steps 1 and 2 is not needed if you already have super user, busybox, and bootstrap installed

1. Install super user,busybox installer, script manager, and root explorer
    2. update super user, run busy box, run script manager (click as root) run gscript top file as a script and with su (root)

3. Optional: To provent installing uscc blot use root explorer (found in first file) and go to /system/preinstall click mount RW and delete everything in this folder.
    4. install and run bootstrap. (make sure you are plugged in to wall charger)

5. In bootstrap Click mount, flormat /system, /data, /cache. Click back and then advance, and wipe dalvic cache. Then back (wait it might hang for a few secs) then click install zip and install the Electrify Rocko Rom
    6. click back and click reboot phone.
    7. Use root explored to make sure everything took!! Otherwise repeat steps 4 through 6.
    7. Setup how you would like!!!!

Notes:
    1. When phone boots you will get the "phone" foce close, Just click OK
    ROCKO3.5

BIG THANKS TO
    yepitsme19 FOR BASE!1
    Admiralj21

MORE TO COME AND TO ADD JUST LIKE MY 2.3.5 VERSIONS

Changlog
    Changlog Rocko3.5(1)
    Changed a few bin files from DROID 4
    A few more theming changes

Changlog Rocko3.5(2)
    more droid egl files
    bin files
    also mms working[/COLOR]

Bugs
    when charging in lockscreen it says sorry try again
    and prob a few more let me know
    Very nice to see more work. Hit me up if you want to know what fixes I planned for skinny and how to make various unlocked/locked versions

ok so i just flashed the odex version 2.0, it booted right up with no problems. thanks for all the hard work you guys do,ima test the crap out of this rom,time to do some mods lol......

again thanks edward

Thank you thanks to everybody for helping me reach 100 thanks lol im a geek