[ROM][FINAL] CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.4 KitKat [UNOFFICIAL] [Nov-24]+NIGHTLIES

Search This thread

albinoman887

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
| CyanogenMod 11 - Android 4.4.4 - KitKat |

f4oSyQR.jpg

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now likely void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
 * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
 */

If you ask any questions that are answered in the first two posts your question will be ignored. If you don't search prior to posting you will be ignored. If you don't read you will be ignored. If you've done all that and still don't have an answer then feel free to ask your question. Ambiguity doesn't help anymore. Elaborate. It's that simple.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from CM source
  • Service
  • Text
  • Data
  • Call
  • Audio
  • WiFi
  • Google Now
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • MMS
  • Video playback
  • Audio playback
  • Internal/External SDcard mounting
  • Camera
  • Video recording

bJO9QqG.png

• Some users are reporting MMS issues but only some...

2jpqfKR.png

• Do NOT use superwipes
  • Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache
    ** (if you are simply applying an update to this rom base this might not always be required)
    *** ((but do not report bugs if you didn't full wipe))
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash GAPPS (in 2nd post)
  • If you are S-ON you MUST flash boot.img in fastboot or other method EVERY ROM FLASH or you will have issues
  • Reboot
  • ???
  • Profit
To enable Developer Options and Performance go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM
Read the FAQ thread here before posting any questions in this thread: FAQ

w5xnyz0.png

• And any and all users in this thread who contirbuted or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
  • dastin1015 for being an awesome dev partner and friend!
  • gerrit and everyone on it :)
  • All my supporters!

a9lll1.png

I really didn't want to do this but people keep asking so here is a donation link if you want to buy me a coffee or pack of smokes (I go through a lot sitting on the PC messing around lol) go ahead. But not required or expected by any means :)

Note: The name on the paypal account may say patricia, this is because it's a family paypal account. :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

Download link is in 2nd post

Last edited:

albinoman887

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
sB7atuO.png

Nov-24
* Releasing a build that is pretty stable for this device anyways. This will probably be the last build for this device.

April-24
* Lots of CM related changes obviously.
* Pretty sure there were a few decent bug fixes since the last release but nothing major
* NOTE: this is just the 4/24 nightly so if you are on that no reason to update. just seems stable to me so meh...

Jan-15
* dsp: possible fix for low in-call volume (credit: malevolentman87)
* Kernel: Re-enabled some CPU Governors that got disabled during ION bringup
* Tried to fix MMS issues some people were having
* Synced with CM

Jan-12
* Fixed camcorder crashing after first recording by increasing PMEM SMI size in kernel
* Fixed apps not installing to sdcard
* Updated GPU drivers to be in sync with samsung msm8660 common 3.0 kernel
* Use prebuilt camera app from older build (recent changes for features supported only by new devices has caused issues. so really no harm in using an old one since our device doesn't support features updated)

Jan-10
* Updated gapps link....

Dec-30
* Added a nightly link for unofficial builds, starting with one today!
*** I'm going to leave the main download link to the Dec-10 build still as I am still testing things with camera

Dec-10
** Happy Holidays **
* Kernel: we now have ION support with working camera! this is the holy grail of kernel features
* Black browser is fixed
* Runs a lot faster due to ion
* Video recording is broken right now (pictures work and VoIP should work as well) it just won't save the recording. I'm working on it
* A crapload of updates from CM

Nov-14
* Fixed freeze with SIM card inserted (sorry i have a micro so i didnt test)
* Fixed permissions with sdcard and some apps (Titanium backup)
* Fixed sensors (partially)
* Upstream updates

Nov-13 - Initial release

notable changes since last build:

* Android 4.4 KitKat!
* CM-11
* Tried to fix struggling data once more...

NOTICE: i will be losing my build server at the end of the month, without it my productivity will be decreased greatly. the person who was allowing me to use it can't pay for it anymore by himself. Donations would REALLY really help. but are not required by ANY MEANS. /end PSA :)

29lbmlw.png

ChronicKernel

Kernel now based on Bruce's kernel with a few changes by me, including:

* ION Support
* Compiled with linaro
* Set flash to disable if battery is below 10% to prevent the random shut-off when taking a pic
* Removed/Disabled KSM
* Removed ZRAM
* User-configurable GPU OC (Not OC'd by default)
* Optimized and compiled with with the "Optimize a lot, or -o3 option)
* Added more I/O schedulers
* Tweaked voltages a bit
* Reverted CRT hack to smooth animation in Android 4.4
* PM_FAST enabled by default (high power wi-fi when screen is off)

These settings were changed by me to help make the kernel more stable with our ROM, observed with tests by me. If you want more features of the Sultan kernel feel free to flash it, but support will not be provided in this thread.

Other Features of the kernel include:

* OC to 1866Mhtz (default 1566Mhtz)
* Undervolted
* User-configurable CPU OC
* User-configurable CPU default governor (ondemand = default)
* User-configurable I/O scheduler (default = SIO)
* User-configurable badass gonvernor (default = balanced)

You can edit many of the settings in /system/etc/init.d/99kernel, here is a snippet of the script with all the config options

Kernel init script: Click Show Content to expand

Code:
#Script originally made by Axetilen. Modified by Sultan (android1234567)
#Updated for albinoman887's ChronicKernel (98% of the credit goes to android1234567. Thanks so much man :)

# Configure your options here #

# Config default CPU Gonvernor (Disabled by default: When disabled uses internal Kernel setting)
# For better battery life switch to badass
# Kernel Default: ondemand
# Possible values
#  badass
#  ondemand
#  interactive
#= lagfee
#  performance
GOV=ondemand;

# Config I/O scheduler
# deadline
# cfq
# noop
# vr 
# sio (default)
IO=sio;

# Config CPU max frequency
# Default: 1566000 (1566Mhtz)
# Overclockable to - 1836000 (1836Mhtz)
# for badass set to 1566mhtz (best performance/battery life)
MAXFREQ=1566000;

# Config CPU min frequency
# Default: 384000 (384Mhtz)
# Range 384000 - 1944000 (384Mhtz - 1944Mhtz)
MINFREQ=384000;

# Config 3D GPU clock
# 228571000 = 228mhz
# 266667000 = 267mhz (default)
# 300000000 = 300mhz (Recomended For balance of Performance and Battery life)
# 320000000 = 320mhz
GPU=266667000;

# Config 2D GPU clock
# 145455000 = 145mhz
# 160000000 = 160mhz
# 200000000 = 200mhz (default)
# 228571000 = 228mhz (Recomended For balance of Performance and Battery life)
# 266667000 = 267mhz
DD=200000000;

# Badass
# possible values
# 1 = performance
# 2 = balanced
# 3 = battery saving
BADASS=2

# Fsync Control
# Disabled by default (recomended)
# 2 = Fsync disabled
# 1 = Fsync enabled
FSYNC=2;

# TUN
# Disabled by default
# 0 = Disabled
# 1 = Enabled
TUN=0

# End of configurable options #

Please note this is not the full script just a small portion, Check /system/etc/init.d/99kernel for the full script

sq796s.png

Team Hydra Github (main): https://github.com/Team-Hydra
CyanogenMod Github: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

l5SakBJ.png

ROM : cm-11-20141107-UNOFFICIAL-holiday.zip
GAPPS: : PA GAPPS
Goo.im Repo : CLICK HERE
* This ROM can also be downloaded directly with GooManager *

Nightlies

[*] Below is a link to unofficial nightly builds. These are snapshots of source at time of compile and may be unstable/unusable and not supported

HOLIDAY NIGHTLIES

PqCOw62.png

Last edited:

pitpit24

Aug 17, 2012
Quebec
i flashed it and it boots up until the cm account language screen, but the touchscreen doesnt respond and if i turn the screen off, it stays black but lights up.

Thanks for your great work!

Last edited:

archioptrics

Jan 12, 2013
just installed this rom however screen is going dark after like five to ten minuetes and i have to take out battery

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
I am running the 11-12-13 build... With minimal issue...

Stupid work keeping me from trying 11-13-13 build...

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Good stuff albinoman! Things seem to be running somewhat smooth.. Mine doesn't have a SIM in it anymore, so I'm avoiding that problem altogether - I've only experienced one random lock up and that was when I opened camera, it threw a fit about me not having a SD card, then wouldn't respond to anything. Unfortunately I can't find a SD anywhere at my desk to test the camera further. Vibrations worked, but that was about it til a reboot. 2 random hangouts FC's. WiFi fired right up and connected. Maps found me right away..Very nice all around! Sounds like you have a little work cut out for you re: data issues, but I'm sure you'll hammer it out. Keep up the awesome work!

jherbold

Oct 11, 2007
Somewhere out west
Testing this also. 20131113. No SIM installed. Full wipe, clean install. Google Search is not working for me. I can say "OK Google" and it opens the dialog box, but reports "Can't open microphone." If I type something into the search field, I get no results back.

I get the same mic not found when trying to input a voice note to Keep. Opening settings for search locks up phone.

Can anyone else confirm?

Last edited:

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Testing this also. 20131113. No SIM installed. Full wipe, clean install. Google Search is not working for me. I can say "OK Google" and it opens the dialog box, but reports "Can't open microphone." If I type something into the search field, I get no results back.

I get the same mic not found when trying to input a voice note to Keep. Opening settings for search locks up phone.

Can anyone else confirm?

All is confirmed other than Search Settings. I can open and navigate through search settings fine, but nothing to do with the mic (from keyboard, search, etc) seems to work and google search either doesn't return anything, or a blank black screen.

jherbold

Oct 11, 2007
Somewhere out west
Thanks Homeslice. I started over with a full clean install. This time I could edit the Search options OK. Mic functions still not fully working of course. I made a call using GrooveIP, and the conversation was fine, the other party could hear me OK.

Last edited:

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Thanks Homeslice. I started over with a full clean install. This time I could edit the Search options OK. Mic functions still not fully working of course. I made a call using GrooveIP, and the conversation was fine, the other party could hear me OK.

Hadn't actually tested anything with the mic as far as communications were concerned :) Who uses a phone for voice conversation anymore? I mean, come on ;)

rassawyer

Aug 8, 2012
Hanover
www.rassawyer.com
Testing now. A few things I've noticed so far. Random touchscreen freezes, won't respond until I reboot (have to pull batt, power button stops responding as well) Hangouts crashed once, But the biggest issue is I'm getting no service. Straight talk sim, verified that it's installed correctly, but no go on service. Comes up with no sim card error, then that goes away and it just says Emergency calls only. Will keep working with it and see what happens. MAJOR kudos to the dev, it's awesome having a dev dedicated to working on this, instead of waiting for months to somebody got around to working on it. Thanks tons @albinoman887!!!

bkman08

Jul 9, 2013
Manheim
OnePlus 8 Pro
Freeze at cm account screen with and without sim card, full wipe, with and without pa gapps we were supposed to download. Will our device support ART?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda app-developers app

DrTyDoZn

Nov 3, 2010
With my sim card in, I get no service and the touch screen won't work. WIthout SIM, works fine except, obviously no service

ryannathans

Dec 4, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Just installed this ROM. I get as far as the screen where I can select my language and it freezes and locks up on this screen or as I'm about to scroll up to English (Australia). On your other CM 10.2 ROM the same issue occurs except I can select my language and click next and it freezes and locks up before it gets to the next screen. The device reboots after a minute.

What's going on? I've tried with and without a SIM.

pitpit24

Aug 17, 2012
Quebec
Installed latest update, all is working fine except browser saying an error access denied but chrome works well so its not a big deal. And contacts from Google won't synch and gmail too is not synchronising, but maybe its related to gapps, I hope goo.im comes with a cm11 gapps if its the cause of the problem.
Awesome man. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    | CyanogenMod 11 - Android 4.4.4 - KitKat |

f4oSyQR.jpg

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now likely void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
     * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
     */

If you ask any questions that are answered in the first two posts your question will be ignored. If you don't search prior to posting you will be ignored. If you don't read you will be ignored. If you've done all that and still don't have an answer then feel free to ask your question. Ambiguity doesn't help anymore. Elaborate. It's that simple.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from CM source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Data
    • Call
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • MMS
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • Internal/External SDcard mounting
    • Camera
    • Video recording

bJO9QqG.png

• Some users are reporting MMS issues but only some...

2jpqfKR.png

• Do NOT use superwipes
    • Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache
      ** (if you are simply applying an update to this rom base this might not always be required)
      *** ((but do not report bugs if you didn't full wipe))
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS (in 2nd post)
    • If you are S-ON you MUST flash boot.img in fastboot or other method EVERY ROM FLASH or you will have issues
    • Reboot
    • ???
    • Profit
    To enable Developer Options and Performance go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM
    Read the FAQ thread here before posting any questions in this thread: FAQ

w5xnyz0.png

• And any and all users in this thread who contirbuted or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • dastin1015 for being an awesome dev partner and friend!
    • gerrit and everyone on it :)
    • All my supporters!

a9lll1.png

I really didn't want to do this but people keep asking so here is a donation link if you want to buy me a coffee or pack of smokes (I go through a lot sitting on the PC messing around lol) go ahead. But not required or expected by any means :)

Note: The name on the paypal account may say patricia, this is because it's a family paypal account. :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

Download link is in 2nd post
    sB7atuO.png

Nov-24
    * Releasing a build that is pretty stable for this device anyways. This will probably be the last build for this device.

April-24
    * Lots of CM related changes obviously.
    * Pretty sure there were a few decent bug fixes since the last release but nothing major
    * NOTE: this is just the 4/24 nightly so if you are on that no reason to update. just seems stable to me so meh...

Jan-15
    * dsp: possible fix for low in-call volume (credit: malevolentman87)
    * Kernel: Re-enabled some CPU Governors that got disabled during ION bringup
    * Tried to fix MMS issues some people were having
    * Synced with CM

Jan-12
    * Fixed camcorder crashing after first recording by increasing PMEM SMI size in kernel
    * Fixed apps not installing to sdcard
    * Updated GPU drivers to be in sync with samsung msm8660 common 3.0 kernel
    * Use prebuilt camera app from older build (recent changes for features supported only by new devices has caused issues. so really no harm in using an old one since our device doesn't support features updated)

Jan-10
    * Updated gapps link....

Dec-30
    * Added a nightly link for unofficial builds, starting with one today!
    *** I'm going to leave the main download link to the Dec-10 build still as I am still testing things with camera

Dec-10
    ** Happy Holidays **
    * Kernel: we now have ION support with working camera! this is the holy grail of kernel features
    * Black browser is fixed
    * Runs a lot faster due to ion
    * Video recording is broken right now (pictures work and VoIP should work as well) it just won't save the recording. I'm working on it
    * A crapload of updates from CM

Nov-14
    * Fixed freeze with SIM card inserted (sorry i have a micro so i didnt test)
    * Fixed permissions with sdcard and some apps (Titanium backup)
    * Fixed sensors (partially)
    * Upstream updates

Nov-13 - Initial release

notable changes since last build:

* Android 4.4 KitKat!
    * CM-11
    * Tried to fix struggling data once more...

NOTICE: i will be losing my build server at the end of the month, without it my productivity will be decreased greatly. the person who was allowing me to use it can't pay for it anymore by himself. Donations would REALLY really help. but are not required by ANY MEANS. /end PSA :)

29lbmlw.png

ChronicKernel

Kernel now based on Bruce's kernel with a few changes by me, including:

* ION Support
    * Compiled with linaro
    * Set flash to disable if battery is below 10% to prevent the random shut-off when taking a pic
    * Removed/Disabled KSM
    * Removed ZRAM
    * User-configurable GPU OC (Not OC'd by default)
    * Optimized and compiled with with the "Optimize a lot, or -o3 option)
    * Added more I/O schedulers
    * Tweaked voltages a bit
    * Reverted CRT hack to smooth animation in Android 4.4
    * PM_FAST enabled by default (high power wi-fi when screen is off)

These settings were changed by me to help make the kernel more stable with our ROM, observed with tests by me. If you want more features of the Sultan kernel feel free to flash it, but support will not be provided in this thread.

Other Features of the kernel include:

* OC to 1866Mhtz (default 1566Mhtz)
    * Undervolted
    * User-configurable CPU OC
    * User-configurable CPU default governor (ondemand = default)
    * User-configurable I/O scheduler (default = SIO)
    * User-configurable badass gonvernor (default = balanced)

You can edit many of the settings in /system/etc/init.d/99kernel, here is a snippet of the script with all the config options

Kernel init script: Click Show Content to expand

Code:
    #Script originally made by Axetilen. Modified by Sultan (android1234567)
    #Updated for albinoman887's ChronicKernel (98% of the credit goes to android1234567. Thanks so much man :)

# Configure your options here #

# Config default CPU Gonvernor (Disabled by default: When disabled uses internal Kernel setting)
    # For better battery life switch to badass
    # Kernel Default: ondemand
    # Possible values
    #  badass
    #  ondemand
    #  interactive
    #= lagfee
    #  performance
    GOV=ondemand;

# Config I/O scheduler
    # deadline
    # cfq
    # noop
    # vr 
    # sio (default)
    IO=sio;

# Config CPU max frequency
    # Default: 1566000 (1566Mhtz)
    # Overclockable to - 1836000 (1836Mhtz)
    # for badass set to 1566mhtz (best performance/battery life)
    MAXFREQ=1566000;

# Config CPU min frequency
    # Default: 384000 (384Mhtz)
    # Range 384000 - 1944000 (384Mhtz - 1944Mhtz)
    MINFREQ=384000;

# Config 3D GPU clock
    # 228571000 = 228mhz
    # 266667000 = 267mhz (default)
    # 300000000 = 300mhz (Recomended For balance of Performance and Battery life)
    # 320000000 = 320mhz
    GPU=266667000;

# Config 2D GPU clock
    # 145455000 = 145mhz
    # 160000000 = 160mhz
    # 200000000 = 200mhz (default)
    # 228571000 = 228mhz (Recomended For balance of Performance and Battery life)
    # 266667000 = 267mhz
    DD=200000000;

# Badass
    # possible values
    # 1 = performance
    # 2 = balanced
    # 3 = battery saving
    BADASS=2

# Fsync Control
    # Disabled by default (recomended)
    # 2 = Fsync disabled
    # 1 = Fsync enabled
    FSYNC=2;

# TUN
    # Disabled by default
    # 0 = Disabled
    # 1 = Enabled
    TUN=0

# End of configurable options #

Please note this is not the full script just a small portion, Check /system/etc/init.d/99kernel for the full script

sq796s.png

Team Hydra Github (main): https://github.com/Team-Hydra
    CyanogenMod Github: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

l5SakBJ.png

ROM : cm-11-20141107-UNOFFICIAL-holiday.zip
    GAPPS: : PA GAPPS
    Goo.im Repo : CLICK HERE
    * This ROM can also be downloaded directly with GooManager *

Nightlies

[*] Below is a link to unofficial nightly builds. These are snapshots of source at time of compile and may be unstable/unusable and not supported

HOLIDAY NIGHTLIES

PqCOw62.png

big development with kernel source. we now can use the CAF kernel so no more legacy display drivers. i'll be doing the updating this weekend. if all goes well we should have initial test build next week
    added a link for nightlies! i set up a buildbot to compile at 7am est every day. it will do a repo sync prior to each build builds are unofficial of course and may very well contain bugs

http://chronic-buildbox.com/nightly/holiday/