[Q] [HOW TO] I Can't enter into AP FASTBOOT MODE

Search This thread

qetuo18

Apr 13, 2011
Hey guys, please help me!

I can't enter into boot menu. My phone shows motorola logo and power down(Black screen) every time I push vol- vol+ & power. When I click on power&vol- the phone does the same (shows motorola logo and then black screen). Any ideas? I want to flash the phone to a official motorola room because when i was installing a custom room (Slimkat) the phone bricked.

Thank you in advance.

Qetuo.:crying:

Droid1177

Apr 28, 2014
Battery dead? And try having the device plugged into a computer while booting to AP Mode

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Looks like you need a factory cable. Team blackhat sells them. I've bought the factory connector. It works just fine. Otherwise you could make a cable yourself. Or if you have a working RAZR around just swap a charged battery for the dead one.

Dwillian

Jul 23, 2013
Kent, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey guys, please help me!

I can't enter into boot menu. My phone shows motorola logo and power down(Black screen) every time I push vol- vol+ & power. When I click on power&vol- the phone does the same (shows motorola logo and then black screen). Any ideas? I want to flash the phone to a official motorola room because when i was installing a custom room (Slimkat) the phone bricked.

Thank you in advance.

Qetuo.:crying:

Is the led showing a steady bright white light? If so then the battery has discharged too far. Do some searching on the web. Some people have recovered from this without a factory cable. As I recall you need to get the battery charged up to 5 or 10% before it will go into AP fastboot.

Try holding the vol down and power button for about 10-20 seconds while plugged into the original Motorola ac charger (some report that the Motorola car charger works too, so try both). Don't use USB or 3rd party chargers.

You may need to let the phone stay on the charger for a few hours and then try the vol down and power button sequence again while connected to charger (you may need to repeat this process several times).

Others have reported that removing sim and SD card and then replacing them allowed the phone to boot.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk