I9305t 4.3 wont boot

Search This thread

Filipiak

Jun 3, 2011
Melbourne
HI all,

Today I decide to update my i9305t to the 4.3 rom. I unrooted my phone and reset the custom counter and all was good. I flashed the telstra rom and all was good. Because of the locked dock Icons I thought I would flash a different unbranded rom. During the installation (via odin) it went skew if and froze. It sat there for ages but I ended up having to do a battery pull.

When I went to the download menu on the phone, knox had been tripped and there was 47 instances. Any way I reflashed the telstra firmware. It passed but now the phone gets stuck on the Samsung logo.

OK now I have already.....

Pulled the battery.
Removed all cards sim and sd.
Restored different firmwares.
factory reset, clear cahce etc.
Installed custom recovery and cleared devalk cache.
Googled for similar events.
Nothing I have read has worked.

I cant think of what else to do. When I restore a firmware via odin everything is OK, it passes but on the reboot it just stops at Samsung logo and goes no further.

I gather that because the phone can still get into recovery and download mode there must be something can sort this out.

Thanks in advance.

spiderman07

Dec 13, 2012
flash the original firmware from samsung.....the 4.3 since you updated it...
after it finishes and reboots it will enter a boot loop....IT'S NORMAL.....pull out the battery and start the phone in recovery mode(stock one) and do a wipe data - factory reset and wipe cache partition...it should work without a problem...did this many times...

after you updated to 4.3 you should have done a full wipe...

Reactions: Filipiak

Filipiak

Jun 3, 2011
Melbourne
after it finishes and reboots it will enter a boot loop....IT'S NORMAL.....pull out the battery and start the phone in recovery mode(stock one) and do a wipe data - factory reset and wipe cache partition...it should work without a problem...did this many times...

Yeah I have done that. I have tried it about 10 times. Im going to give it another bash today as I am stuck using my wife's old Iphone and its horrendous.

spiderman07

Dec 13, 2012
try installing your firmware with a .PIT file and check repartition box...search for the pit file....
if this doesn't work i suggest going to local repair shop and let them have a look...

maybe something got broke when you flashed the unbranded firmware...

Filipiak

Jun 3, 2011
Melbourne
try installing your firmware with a .PIT file and check repartition box...search for the pit file....
if this doesn't work i suggest going to local repair shop and let them have a look...

Thanks for the info. Im unsure what a PIT file is. Are they phone specific or just model specific.

Cheers
Pat

AMoizK

Dec 7, 2013
Rawalpindi
Best of luck

Well I was in the same pickle
whicever 4.3 rom i flashed through odin i got stuck in boot logo or even if i recovered device from odin through emergency frimware and intillation
Also tried customs 4.3 roms stuck a boot logo
Here what u should try and what i did
1 flash philz recovery + 4.1.2 rom
if it works back up efs
2 Using Philz recovery wipe data factory reset + wipe cache + dalvik cache
3 in mount and storage section format everything ( THINK THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP )
4 Used odin to flash a 4.3 stock package it worked ( note u may get knox from this u may try a modifed stock package if u dont have knox and dont want to get it )

Filipiak

Jun 3, 2011
Melbourne
whicever 4.3 rom i flashed through odin i got stuck in boot logo or even if i recovered device from odin through emergency frimware and intillation
if it works back up efs
3 in mount and storage section format everything ( THINK THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP )
4 Used odin to flash a 4.3 stock package it worked ( note u may get knox from this u may try a modifed stock package if u dont have knox and dont want to get it )

Knox was tripped when the firmware install crashed. So knox tripping is no issue. Thanks for the information. I will have a go tommorrow.
I did manage to restore a cm9 backup but my IMEI is now gone and I cant get to the menu to restore my back up. Seems like Samsung has done a number on my phone. In all the years ive been fingering phones with custom firmware and modding I have never had anything stuff up this bad. Its rather amusing that it has happened flashing a stock rom that belongs to my phone.

Filipiak

Jun 3, 2011
Melbourne
if it works back up efs

AMoizK you are the ****en man. Worked. The part that worked for me was the format everything. IMEI restored as well. Phone is perfect. Now i dont need to use my wifes crappy old iphone.

WOOT!!!!

dashing_9508

Aug 14, 2012
Lahore
HI all,

Today I decide to update my i9305t to the 4.3 rom. I unrooted my phone and reset the custom counter and all was good. I flashed the telstra rom and all was good. Because of the locked dock Icons I thought I would flash a different unbranded rom. During the installation (via odin) it went skew if and froze. It sat there for ages but I ended up having to do a battery pull.

When I went to the download menu on the phone, knox had been tripped and there was 47 instances. Any way I reflashed the telstra firmware. It passed but now the phone gets stuck on the Samsung logo.

OK now I have already.....

Pulled the battery.
Removed all cards sim and sd.
Restored different firmwares.
factory reset, clear cahce etc.
Installed custom recovery and cleared devalk cache.
Googled for similar events.
Nothing I have read has worked.

I cant think of what else to do. When I restore a firmware via odin everything is OK, it passes but on the reboot it just stops at Samsung logo and goes no further.

I gather that because the phone can still get into recovery and download mode there must be something can sort this out.

Thanks in advance.

It happened to me once, i found that 4.3 won't boot if baseband and imei are unknown. when you were trying to flash with odin and your phone got stuck it probably has damaged or ( erased ) your imei partition. try flashing 4.1.1 ( the package file without bootloader files ) it will definitely work for you. the reason is simple , Samsung's stock 4.3 never boots if the imei is corrupt or unknown (baseband is then usually too ) so, flash 4.1.1 , root your phone and install Persus kernel +any modem / baseband file, this is the only solution as i dont know how but does repair your imei , but you will be stuck at 4.1.1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best of luck

if it works back up efs