[Q] [BOUNTY] US$30 Flash International ROM on T-Mobile M8

Search This thread

RizSher

Oct 26, 2010
I have a T-Mobile HTC M8 - SIM Unlocked so I can use it on other networks.

Not terribly thrilled with all the bloatware that T-Mobile thinks we can't live without. My last HTC phone was the Desire HD back in 2009/2010 and since then have exclusively used Samsung phones. One of the first thing I do is install a third party rom to (hopefully) get better battery life on those phones. Recently, our company allowed us access to corporate mails on personal phones, with the caveat being that device cannot be tampered/rooted etc etc.

What I want to achieve is: Take my completely "virgin" stock T-MObile HTC M8 (1.12.531.19) and flash it to the latest International ROM, such that

1) There is no "tampered" flag left hanging that can prevent me installing the corporate email software (Its called MobileIron, quite stringent - I had a note 3 before the M8, which I had rooted, however, to install MobileIron, I unrooted/reverted to stock, but still MobileIron refused to install as it probably checked the Knox couter on the Note 3)
2) Retain the ability to receive OTA
3) Stay un-rooted - etc etc

Having been away from HTC for 3-4 yrs, I'm not sure how this can be achieved, more worried I'll miss something and end up making the phone unfit for MobileIron.

I Found this thread: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2356401 for another HTC phone

I got tired of waiting for AT&T to release updates for the HTC One and now that we have S-OFF and SuperCID I decided to look into converting my HTC One into an International edition so that I can flash an international ROM and receive OTAs more rapidly.

I would love to flash ARHD, Trickdroid and etc, however I use my phone for work and our security software will detect if the phone is rooted or has a modified OS installed so I needed to stick to stock in order to pass all security checks.

My requirements are not different to what this guy achieve. A bounty of US$30.00 for anyone to provide a step by step guide to achieve whatI've set out.I can pay by paypal/Amazon vouchers.

Thanks.

Riz

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
I have a T-Mobile HTC M8 - SIM Unlocked so I can use it on other networks.

Not terribly thrilled with all the bloatware that T-Mobile thinks we can't live without. My last HTC phone was the Desire HD back in 2009/2010 and since then have exclusively used Samsung phones. One of the first thing I do is install a third party rom to (hopefully) get better battery life on those phones. Recently, our company allowed us access to corporate mails on personal phones, with the caveat being that device cannot be tampered/rooted etc etc.

What I want to achieve is: Take my completely "virgin" stock T-MObile HTC M8 (1.12.531.19) and flash it to the latest International ROM, such that

1) There is no "tampered" flag left hanging that can prevent me installing the corporate email software (Its called MobileIron, quite stringent - I had a note 3 before the M8, which I had rooted, however, to install MobileIron, I unrooted/reverted to stock, but still MobileIron refused to install as it probably checked the Knox couter on the Note 3)
2) Retain the ability to receive OTA
3) Stay un-rooted - etc etc

Having been away from HTC for 3-4 yrs, I'm not sure how this can be achieved, more worried I'll miss something and end up making the phone unfit for MobileIron.

I Found this thread: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2356401 for another HTC phone

My requirements are not different to what this guy achieve. A bounty of US$30.00 for anyone to provide a step by step guide to achieve whatI've set out.I can pay by paypal/Amazon vouchers.

Thanks.

Riz

There is no way to achieve all that you want without soff. So, start with that, then come back. Instructions are in the HTC One M8 Original Development sub forum (international).

RizSher

Oct 26, 2010
There is no way to achieve all that you want without soff. So, start with that, then come back. Instructions are in the HTC One M8 Original Development sub forum (international).

I tried, but failed.

I''m pretty sure the instructions are all there spread over different posts - the slight problem is, I can't really be without office emails for too long. The only time I can spend unlocking/flashing the phone is on weekends - and, thats also the peirod I can least afford to be w/o company emails - SO ... can't really start this without having a fully worked out plan.

Hence the request for a complete guide and the bounty.

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
I tried, but failed.

I''m pretty sure the instructions are all there spread over different posts - the slight problem is, I can't really be without office emails for too long. The only time I can spend unlocking/flashing the phone is on weekends - and, thats also the peirod I can least afford to be w/o company emails - SO ... can't really start this without having a fully worked out plan.

Hence the request for a complete guide and the bounty.

What I'm telling you is you cannot possibly do EVERYTHING you want without s off. so if it failed, you're in trouble.

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
Is there a reason it cannot be tampered?

Afaik an app is not going to be able to tell if your phone is unlocked/tampered, especially without root? HTC has no hardware indication of a phone's unlock "history"

I did a quick Google and found multiple guides using mobileiron with root, did you think of trying those?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 AM ----------

But, as Behold_this was saying, there is no way to do this without S-Off.

I had 3 M8's, of which only 1 was possible. (Camera issue and a very loose screen on the other 2..)

You're best bet is to unlock and try it, or wait until a new s-off exploit comes out.
Which could be tomorrow, or in 10 years.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

blackice666

Sep 2, 2007
Can you S-OFF?

I hope you dont get the whelp message while you use firewater. If yes you have to wait, there is a bounty thread for the S-OFF fix one the HTC One m8 general forum. Take a look at my signature.