[Resolved] Build Android from Source with Superuser privileges

Search This thread

rotowsky

May 24, 2014
Hello together,

following situation - I have got a Single Board Computer with Android support and the android source code from the manufacturer. It works to build an android image from it at all. Unfortunately, it's not rooted by default. I could manage to get a rooted shell. But I also need superuser privileges for the apps and that's the point where I am struggeling.

At first I tried to comment out following lines from system/extras/su/su.c:

Code:
//if (myuid != AID_ROOT && myuid != AID_SHELL) {
//    fprintf(stderr,"su: uid %d not allowed to su\n", myuid);
//    return 1;
//}

//if(setgid(gid) || setuid(uid)) {
//    fprintf(stderr,"su: permission denied\n");
//    return 1;
//}

As this didn't work, I found a thread on stackoverflow and tried this part of the suggestion:

> To embed Superuser.apk in AOSP, you have to fetch and build:

> su-binary (e.g. in external/) and stub/remove system/extras/su package.
> Superuser (e.g. in packages/app/)
But I am running in errors while building android:

Code:
    ctarget Dex: core-tests-hostdex
../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/.../obj/EXECUTABLES/su_intermediates/su.o: in function deny:external/su-binary-master/su.c:287: error: undefined reference to 'LOGW'
../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/.../obj/EXECUTABLES/su_intermediates/su.o: in function allow:external/su-binary-master/su.c:319: error: undefined reference to 'LOGE'
../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/.../obj/EXECUTABLES/su_intermediates/su.o: in function allow:external/su-binary-master/su.c:330: error: undefined reference to 'LOGE'
../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/.../obj/EXECUTABLES/su_intermediates/su.o: in function allow:external/su-binary-master/su.c:338: error: undefined reference to 'LOGD'
../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/.../obj/EXECUTABLES/su_intermediates/su.o: in function allow:external/su-binary-master/su.c:352: error: undefined reference to 'LOGE'
../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/.../obj/EXECUTABLES/su_intermediates/su.o: in function main:external/su-binary-master/su.c:440: error: undefined reference to 'LOGE'
../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/.../obj/EXECUTABLES/su_intermediates/su.o: in function main:external/su-binary-master/su.c:582: error: undefined reference to 'LOGW'
../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/.../obj/EXECUTABLES/su_intermediates/db.o: in function database_check:external/su-binary-master/db.c:31: error: undefined reference to 'LOGD'
../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/.../obj/EXECUTABLES/su_intermediates/db.o: in function database_check:external/su-binary-master/db.c:35: error: undefined reference to 'LOGD'
../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/.../obj/EXECUTABLES/su_intermediates/db.o: in function database_check:external/su-binary-master/db.c:39: error: undefined reference to 'LOGD'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/target/product/.../obj/EXECUTABLES/su_intermediates/LINKED/su] Error 1

Could anyone tell me how to fix this error or another way to get su privileges, please?

Thank you very much in advance. :)

Last edited:
Have you seen that we have a University for Development on xda. I think that your post had a better place on this forum than here.

So goto see here : General discussion > XDA-University ;)

...and don't forget to search before to post :cool:

If you want to move your post, contact a mod by the "report button"

Last edited:

rotowsky

May 24, 2014
Hi philos,

thank you for your answer. I tried to post the thread there at first, but I got following message:

This is not a Q&A forum. By posting questions in this forum you are breaking the forum rules. Please only post questions in the Q&A forums.

I tried to find an already existing thread for this topic, but I couldn't find something helpful. :crying:

Last edited:

rotowsky

May 24, 2014
Okay, I found the problem. For anyone who faces the same problem.

su.h

Remove the following if command:

#if 0
#undef LOGE
#define LOGE(fmt,args...) fprintf(stderr, fmt, ##args)
#undef LOGD
#define LOGD(fmt,args...) fprintf(stderr, fmt, ##args)
#undef LOGW
#define LOGW(fmt,args...) fprintf(stderr, fmt, ##args)
#endif