Modifying Dialer & Contacts Silhouettes

Search This thread

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
I gotcha. I'm gonna be home in an hour or so. If you want, you csn DL one of themes from the sprint S4 for a reference if you'd like. I gotta do this all myself today, so I'm gonna take it in a bit. There is a Contacts apk, just can't remember the correct file name off hand, but the contact photo will definately be there.
If you find anything let me know. I've looked through a ton of files and can't find the images for the contacts pics.

Reactions: reverepats

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
Seems like these new image files are gonna put a hurt on us themers untill we can get a batch converter, but even then having to covert back to pkm this is gonna take some time. Unless we make some type of smali edits perhaps to point to our own created pngs for apps we want to theme with these types of images, in gonna play around with this myself this week.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

tdunham

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 21, 2008
TampaBay
Seems like these new image files are gonna put a hurt on us themers untill we can get a batch converter, but even then having to covert back to pkm this is gonna take some time. Unless we make some type of smali edits perhaps to point to our own created pngs for apps we want to theme with these types of images, in gonna play around with this myself this week.
It's hard to say.
I went through and replaced and bunch of .pkm files with their .png counterparts and didn't have any issues with the contacts file so I think if we could just get all the pkm files to decompile, we'd be golden.

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
I hope thats the case, seems like it would be eaiser to work with.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

netengineer

Lol he did some awesome work on the s4 so I was just curious

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes, @BillyHo @cerj did amazing work. I am missing his chrome theme on the S5. Wonder if his stuff an be ported to the S5.... (I would have no idea) but he might. :D

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk 2

billyho7993

Jul 21, 2012
Henderson
Yes, @BillyHo @cerj did amazing work. I am missing his chrome theme on the S5. Wonder if his stuff an be ported to the S5.... (I would have no idea) but he might. :D

Man that would be sweet I'm rocking chrome right now thanks to @vinman12 I love the chrome look!

Attachments

• 1401281618631.jpg
    1401281618631.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 450

NQMinhQuan

Jun 3, 2014
@tdunham hi bro , please help me transparent it , i can't found the hex color in color.xml

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-14-14-35-08.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-14-14-35-08.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 238

the_original_teknikl

Mar 22, 2013
@tdunham hi bro , please help me transparent it , i can't found the hex color in color.xml

Not positive about the "and here" sections.... But the tabs are actual images pulled from framework-res.apk. they are not in the phone apps. Those tabs are shown thru settings, phone, calculator and other apps. Compare the images in your framework-res.apk drawable-xhdpi or drawable-xxhdpi folders.

If you look at the theme linked in my Sig, you'll see I have the icons replaced with PCB images..... You can compare my framework from the theme to see where your images are... And what they are named.

Edit: I should add I'm on the s3 running kitkat 4.4.2

Sent from a Wicked Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 running KT747 Kernel on KITKAT Touchwiz.

Click the banner below to view my phonechievements. Use the link in the next page "Download app via this user" to help me earn an achievement.

Last edited:

NQMinhQuan

Jun 3, 2014
Not positive about the "and here" sections.... But the tabs are actual images pulled from framework-res.apk. they are not in the phone apps. Those tabs are shown thru settings, phone, calculator and other apps. Compare the images in your framework-res.apk drawable-xhdpi or drawable-xxhdpi folders.

If you look at the theme linked in my Sig, you'll see I have the icons replaced with PCB images..... You can compare my framework from the theme to see where your images are... And what they are named.

Edit: I should add I'm on the s3 running kitkat 4.4.2

Sent from a Wicked Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 running KT747 Kernel on KITKAT Touchwiz.

Click the banner below to view my phonechievements. Use the link in the next page "Download app via this user" to help me earn an achievement.

Hi bro , s5's contact color.xml uses code, not using png images in drawable-xxhdpi like S3 , sorry my bad english

stangdriver44

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 16, 2006
Cali
Pkm fix

I think I found the rest of the images. But they're compressed in a really funky format. Check out
priv-app/SecContacts_Phone_FLAGSHIP_USA.apk/res/drawable-sw360dp-xxhdpi

Update:
A thread has been started regarding this file compression:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2700860

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but if you change the png to pkm it will flash correctly using vrtheme. Check out the changes I made to the SecContact_Flagship file in the chrome the of Missing Link

Last edited:
Reactions: tdunham

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's hard to say.
    I went through and replaced and bunch of .pkm files with their .png counterparts and didn't have any issues with the contacts file so I think if we could just get all the pkm files to decompile, we'd be golden.

Just one of my many stalkers. :confused:

An example of the call banner is that large green banner at the top of the screenshots I posted for the in-call screen. It changes color depending on the call status but I hate it, want it gone and prefer the full screen display without it. If I get it working, I'll post a screenshot so you can see the difference.
    looking right now brotha....On the S4 the Call Banner was in res-Values-Colors.xml and was incall_call_banner_in_call_background...which i always made Transparent

Sammy moved a TON of stuff around and has throw myself oiff a bit too lol.

Im just a little over halfway with my stuff, but still working on the COntacts and Dialer

GImme one sec, lemme see if i can track it down real quick

EDIT....YWait....are talking about the GReen in the SS? or the In cAll banner when your in an actual call? THere is a Banner for "In Call" and "End Call" which is in the Colors XML in the TeleService apk. THat will get rid of the Banner there, which i reall Dislike. If your trying to get rid of that Ugly green, thats an image
    Ok, I'm getting there.
    I still don't have proper images for contact silhouette images though for some reason.
    Got rid of the banners as well. ;)