[Q] how can I install paranoidandroid?

Search This thread

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
It seems the steps are correct, but you need cwm or twrp on your phone. I asume that if you dont know how to flash custom rom then you dont know how to flash cwm or twrp recovery either.
Read this thread http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/guide-nexus-5-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t2507905 and next time if you have a questions make threads in Q&A subforum.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

iamsuper123

Jun 28, 2011

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
What section is correct for posting about questions like this ? I was gonna post this question to "Development" section but then it said, this section is not correct for questions.

All questions go on q&a... Unless:

It's a question about themes and apps
It's a question about accessories

These go in the themes and apps section or the accessories section.

All other questions go in q&a.

The following places are not for questions
general
Development
Original development

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: El Daddy

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
How I will know if paranoidandroid is pre-rooted or not ? according to the steps here in xda, I have to make sure, ROM is pre-rooted ?

This is what I am downloading: http://download.paranoidandroid.co/roms/hammerhead/

Well. It honestly doesn't matter if a ROM is rooted. You don't need root for a ROM. Period. All you need is recovery installed with an unlocked bootloader.

FYI its definitely rooted, but you need to read up on what root actually means.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Nucleonic

Jan 22, 2012
I currently have CWM 6.0.4.5 installed. I have no problem downloading OTA updates from PA. However, when I go to install, I get a script error message regarding having the latest ROM manager update, and using CWM or TWRP.

Question (1): Should I switch to TWRP to eliminate this error message and re-enable OTA updates for PA?

Question (2): Can we start a Q&A thread for PA so that questions like this can be put in one place?

Pirateghost

Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
I currently have CWM 6.0.4.5 installed. I have no problem downloading OTA updates from PA. However, when I go to install, I get a script error message regarding having the latest ROM manager update, and using CWM or TWRP.

Question (1): Should I switch to TWRP to eliminate this error message and re-enable OTA updates for PA?

Question (2): Can we start a Q&A thread for PA so that questions like this can be put in one place?

1) It has been stated numerous times in various locations that the OTA 'WILL NOT' work with CWM. CWM uses closed source recovery script methods. You need either A) TWRP or B) a CWM-based recovery (PHiLz comes to mind)

2) There already are threads dedicated to the rom in each device section for per-device issues (impossible for most users to understand difference between an issue that is device-specific (sensors are crap on Nexus 4, for example))

Nucleonic

Jan 22, 2012
Thanks for the reply! For those of us under the minimum number of posts, where can we post ROM-specific questions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Pirateghost

Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Thanks for the reply! For those of us under the minimum number of posts, where can we post ROM-specific questions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

just start contributing to XDA to get your posts. Aside from that some of the devices actually have a dedicated Q&A thread. Don't know if the Nexus 5 has one, I haven't seen it.

You could just use this forum section to ask your questions. If you see an actual reproducible bug with the ROM, we ask that you use the bug tracker to report it. https://paranoidandroid.atlassian.net

Top Liked Posts