Camera freezes?

Search This thread

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
Am I the only one with stock 4.4.2 whose camera freezes?

I've been battling the problem that if I use the camera on the Nexus 5 it will sometimes freeze the phone. It may happen after a variable amount of pictures are taken. Suddenly the phone freezes and only a reboot will get it back to normal. I've asked in this forum without success and then found this

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5880096/problem-using-camera-api-on-android?rq=1

Any solutions anyone?

Bruce Lee

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
plus.google.com
Am I the only one with stock 4.4.2 whose camera freezes?

I've been battling the problem that if I use the camera on the Nexus 5 it will sometimes freeze the phone. It may happen after a variable amount of pictures are taken. Suddenly the phone freezes and only a reboot will get it back to normal. I've asked in this forum without success and then found this

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5880096/problem-using-camera-api-on-android?rq=1

Any solutions anyone?

What's your phone setup? Are you rooted with a custom ROM?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Rooted, stock 4.4.2 ROM.
Nova prime launcher.
No syncing on anything.
Use xprivacy, AFWall+, gravitybox. (but all 3 disabled with no improvement).
Camera is essentially unusable because of need to reboot every few pictures. Screenshots in my other thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761146

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761146

dont disable the exposed, delete it(remove everything xposed completely), reboot, then try your camera

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
I would hate to do that because I really like xposed. But I'll make a nandroid backup, and then do as you say. If it's no better, I could always restore the nandroid. But nobody else has noticed any connection between xposed and Google camera. I "believe" the problems started when I updated to the latest camera update. Wish I could find the pre update camera app.

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I would hate to do that because I really like xposed. But I'll make a nandroid backup, and then do as you say. If it's no better, I could always restore the nandroid. But nobody else has noticed any connection between xposed and Google camera. I "believe" the problems started when I updated to the latest camera update. Wish I could find the pre update camera app.

xposed causes many many random issues that are undocumented. for many not a single issue, for others its like a phone full of gremlins.

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
Well, tis done. I'll see if the camera behaves. It takes time for it to act up....

Fwiw, I've used xposed for quite a while and the camera freezing only started about 4-6 weeks ago. Maybe it was a recent update.

I uninstalled xposed. Where should I look for files to delete to ensure a good test?

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Well, tis done. I'll see if the camera behaves. It takes time for it to act up....

Fwiw, I've used xposed for quite a while and the camera freezing only started about 4-6 weeks ago. Maybe it was a recent update.

I uninstalled xposed. Where should I look for files to delete to ensure a good test?

honestly, i dont know. i have never needed or been willing to use xposed. an uninstall and a reboot should be fine(dirty flashing your rom again would be best, but i think it will be fine without). just give it some time to test. if its not xposed, restore your backup and we will look further.

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
I'm afraid to say anything, but I think uninstalling Xposed did it. Will wait longer before breathing a sigh.....

Thank you.

Reactions: simms22

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm afraid to say anything, but I think uninstalling Xposed did it. Will wait longer before breathing a sigh.....

Thank you.