[Q] How to solve insufficient storage space error?

Search This thread
Hi

I have the galaxy S3 Mini i8190 smartphone, lately, whenever I try to update applications I get an error insufficient storage available, I used a guide I found here on XDA to use my 32GB SD card instead of the internal storage and have been working like it for a long time without a problem, there's still over 9GB free space and on every app above 10MB I get this error, I tried cleaning the cache for all apps, even wiping the cache partition using CWM recovery, removing not needed apps, cleaning junk files, basically every suggestion I could find, nothing seems to work.

So far the problem is limited to updating apps, I have no problem installing new apps, there are no specific apps the problem occur with.

Please advise on what else can be done

Thank you.

Hi

I have the galaxy S3 Mini i8190 smartphone, lately, whenever I try to update applications I get an error insufficient storage available, I used a guide I found here on XDA to use my 32GB SD card instead of the internal storage and have been working like it for a long time without a problem, there's still over 9GB free space and on every app above 10MB I get this error, I tried cleaning the cache for all apps, even wiping the cache partition using CWM recovery, removing not needed apps, cleaning junk files, basically every suggestion I could find, nothing seems to work.

So far the problem is limited to updating apps, I have no problem installing new apps, there are no specific apps the problem occur with.

Thank you.

Well, some time ago I couldn't install or update apps, because of your problem. I fixed it like this -->
1. Make a nandroid backup through CWM
2. Enter recovery and wipe : data , cache and dalvik cache (in advanced)
3. Now restore your nandroid backup
4. Reboot and everything should work as normal
:)

PS If the above doesn't work consider flashing a completely stock firmware from www.sammobile.com

Reactions: vollachr
Well, some time ago I couldn't install or update apps, because of your problem. I fixed it like this -->

PS If the above doesn't work consider flashing a completely stock firmware from www.sammobile.com

Well, thanks, but I think I managed to solve the problem last night by myself thanks to some suggestions I found on another forum somewhere.

All I did was run the following command in the app terminal emulator:

su

and after that:

set-install-location 0

tried updating the apps that I couldn't update and it updated just fine, hopefully it won't happen again, I wonder what changed that setting in the first place.

Well, thanks, but I think I managed to solve the problem last night by myself thanks to some suggestions I found on another forum somewhere.

All I did was run the following command in the app terminal emulator:

su

and after that:

set-install-location 0

tried updating the apps that I couldn't update and it updated just fine, hopefully it won't happen again, I wonder what changed that setting in the first place.

nice, i didn't know about that solution ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Thank you.