Shift Stand?

Search This thread

kindarandomz

Jan 27, 2011
Anyone know of an accessory that would help my Shift stand by itself, such as when taking a picture? Or maybe a DIY stand?

Thanks!

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Never heard of one. Evo users always flaunt their stand like it's a big deal. Never seen the need for one.

The main use I see for the stand that Evo users use it (or any phone with a stand for that matter) for is for playing movies and music. (This is why I have an HP touchpad).

I actually went to breakfast with a friend today that has a Windows Phone 7 on T-Mobile with a stand and tried to start watching netflix.

I then started laughing at him because he couldn't get service and I said hold on let me turn on my "4g". Turned 4G on, got connected and then I said "Oh wait.. I cancelled netflix 3 months ago."

Moral of the story: It's useless. And there is only 1 camera on the phone and it's on the back. So I guess you could DIY a stand for the camera but honestly I just don't find it very practical or see a high demand for it.

Don't let me stop you from googling it further or creating a DIY tutorial though. Never really cared for this feature on my phone. More important than a stand to me is that lovely hardware keyboard.

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
Last edited:

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
If you just want it to standup like the Evo does with it's kickstand you can easily modify one of those little white plastic things that come in pizza boxes to do the trick.

Reactions: VICODAN

trsix

Jun 23, 2011
las vegas
salt shaker

only time i need a stand is if at a restaurant eating.
lean it against a salt shaker etc while eat and watch a show .

mcbride731

Mar 23, 2012
i haven't seen one specifically for the Shift yet, and i'm surprised no one has created a case with one built in. hell, i'm just happy the MikShifted-G ROM lets me use the volume button to take a pic lol. pressing the button without looking at the screen was a pain in the ace.

BigSplit

Jan 7, 2012
I used an old cd and used a lighter to soften it up to bend it into shape I could work with, I only use it while listening to music.

Got the idea from some DIY site and it has worked fine for my needs.

Dogahn

Mar 5, 2012
I found that a PSP-1000 stand works great... unless the app has a fixed landscape and doesn't rotate. However I could just tilt the shift so the usb plug fit underneath and the stand still functioned (if at an odd angle). It doesn't hold the phone securely, so no carrying it around in the stand but it is good enough to withstand a table bump.

Dogan
Used to find them cheap, used @ gamestop

Reactions: megaghostgamer

twizt3d

Mar 7, 2008
United States
@jsp

pretty sure you just angered a few of us older techies lol. calling our beloved cassettes antiques. I still remember stealing the black album by metallica off my father on cassette.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i do enjoy my keyboard ;)

thanks for the help!
    If you just want it to standup like the Evo does with it's kickstand you can easily modify one of those little white plastic things that come in pizza boxes to do the trick.
    I found that a PSP-1000 stand works great... unless the app has a fixed landscape and doesn't rotate. However I could just tilt the shift so the usb plug fit underneath and the stand still functioned (if at an odd angle). It doesn't hold the phone securely, so no carrying it around in the stand but it is good enough to withstand a table bump.

Dogan
    Used to find them cheap, used @ gamestop