[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Wildfire :: V7.2.0 (16 Jun 2012)

Search This thread

djpry

Jun 17, 2011
Singapore,CQ
try flashing a fresh radio image...followed by a kernel flash .... instability is mainly caused due to these 2 things.....

cm7.2 is the 2nd best stable rom after official sense....never had a stuck up till date

---------
dj-pry

fabioff

Oct 27, 2009
try flashing a fresh radio image...followed by a kernel flash .... instability is mainly caused due to these 2 things.....

cm7.2 is the 2nd best stable rom after official sense....never had a stuck up till date

thanks, which ones can you recommend? I live in germany if it matters for best performance/signal

djpry

Jun 17, 2011
Singapore,CQ
Last edited:

fabioff

Oct 27, 2009
on cm7.2

kernel - Sympfinity v4.1
governor-smartassv2
i/o scheduler-SIO
min-200+MHz
max-710MHz(more than this is really not required)
LINK-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1588480

RADIO IMAGE- Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10 (LATEST)
LINK-http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=974647&d=1333181742

--------
DJ-PRY

press thanks if you found this post helpful

flashed the kernel, already had the latest radio but no help... last reboot came when I enabled mobile data.. its just so weird that just after flashing a nightly the phone seems to be broken for good no matter what I do but that doesn't make sense :(

squinonx

Mar 10, 2009
Anyone having problem using dialpad while calling? For me seemd zero is not working, its not recognized although you can press it..

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda app-developers app

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
flashed the kernel, already had the latest radio but no help... last reboot came when I enabled mobile data.. its just so weird that just after flashing a nightly the phone seems to be broken for good no matter what I do but that doesn't make sense :(
Reboots from enabling mobile data rings a bell...
From what I read your problem might not be related to the one I tried to solve last week. Due to the fact that I can't exactly tell what the reason was (same goes for the explicit part of the solution) it might be worth a try at least.
I've been suffering from reboots when turning on 3G data - not more - not random and just 3G everything else worked well. If you have some time you might read a part of the story here (starting from #10)

For the solution of my problem I can only make a few conclusions what might have been successful - some steps could have been unnecessary - no idea. What I think what might have done the trick is, downgrade radio by flashing an older one (Radio_13.53.55.24H_3.35.19.25) and upgrading again by flashing the newest (Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10).
I've also installed a different recovery (due to unconfirmed reports that format/wipe wouldn't work correctly sometimes) plus I did always a complete wipe/factory reset.

It depends on you if you like to do all the steps - you can follow them in the thread linked above. For the files/versions I have used: CyanogenMod 7.2 Final(GWK74/2.3.7), recovery and radios all available here: The Complete Wildfire Index Good luck! :fingers-crossed:

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
*COUGH*

anyone had this problem, I doubt it can be just my single phone out of all Rooted Wildfire's ?
nope I didn't have this problem - I used the stable for quite a while before I went on with LeWa (and I haven't heard of that problem anywhere else).

Have you done a fresh install or did you flash it over?

I always do it this way: format system / wipe cache / flash new ROM / flash gapps

Munckster

Feb 6, 2011
Katowice

What I did when I had the reboot issue:

- Flash 2.5.x recovery;
- Flash the one before the most earlier radio (Radio_13.53.55.24H_3.35.19.25 - You can find all the resources here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1029318)
- Flashed a new CM 7.2 ROM (the Nandroid backup wasn't booting, so I did this)
- After first boot, reboot on recovery again, flash the latest radio
- With the new radio, flashed the ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.8 recovery,
- In my case, I had a previous update nandroid backup, so I restored it (as far as I use MTD partitions, I flashed the bravo boot thing).

For me, it worked out, remembering that worked for me, don't quite know if should work for you, So use this with care :). Hope it helps

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
What I did when I had the reboot issue:
- Flash 2.5.x recovery;
- Flash the one before the most earlier radio (Radio_13.53.55.24H_3.35.19.25 - You can find all the resources here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1029318)
- Flashed a new CM 7.2 ROM (the Nandroid backup wasn't booting, so I did this)
- After first boot, reboot on recovery again, flash the latest radio
- With the new radio, flashed the ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.8 recovery,
- In my case, I had a previous update nandroid backup, so I restored it (as far as I use MTD partitions, I flashed the bravo boot thing).
Almost similar to my problem - whole story in this thread (starting @ post #10)

ilDuceo

Oct 4, 2009
Bavaria
i have one problem with mic. when i call someone that person hear me like i speak from the barrel. any suggestions how to fix that?

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
its not that. this happend after flashing stable 7.2.
I would at least check saadislams suggestion - either your description doesn't sound as if software or OS could be the cause, I never heard/read about related problems with CM (any version) and I also didn't notice myself while using the stable or now with LeWa OS which is based on 7.2 stable also. What you could also try is remove the back cover and give an air blast to the microphone.

Reactions: saadislam

cecenac

Dec 14, 2011
Split
Guys is this the fastest rom for this phone? What rom do you use as your everyday rom, this one or some cm7 modification?

And also, can someone give me a link to rooting the phone procedure. thx ahead!

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
Guys is this the fastest rom for this phone? What rom do you use as your everyday rom, this one or some cm7 modification?

And also, can someone give me a link to rooting the phone procedure. thx ahead!
fastest depends on settings and use - but most of the slim ROMs are based on CM7.

Re. guide: what hboot are you on? - 1.01.0002? - then you might find this one useful: > HTC Buzz: Wildfire > Wildfire General > [FULL GUIDE] Rooting HTC Wildfire (BUZZ) 2.2.1 with HBOOT 1.01.0002 !! (5/8/2011)

dcamanni

Apr 29, 2012
CM7.2 stucked when reboot

Hi all,

I currently have CM7.1 stable, fully working. I tried to update to CM7.2 stable just by flashing it as in instructions, but it gets stucked in reboot. I'm not able to get the /proc/last_kmsg file because I'm not able to connect to my PC after that, mounting the USB storage.

Any help?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in7kew.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Wildfire, or coming from another ROM?

1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: cm-7.2.0-buzz
    Download: link
    Mirror: link
    MD5sum: ac47d97d55133dfa7561b5b7fe37bc64​
    Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110828
    The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Just a quick reminder that 7.2 has been released. Check first post for download.
    on cm7.2

kernel - Sympfinity v4.1
    governor-smartassv2
    i/o scheduler-SIO
    min-200+MHz
    max-710MHz(more than this is really not required)
    LINK-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1588480

RADIO IMAGE- Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10 (LATEST)
    LINK-http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=974647&d=1333181742

--------
    DJ-PRY

press thanks if you found this post helpful
    Old?? M8, u can customize it by yourself in many ways. Just spend some time with it and it will look like newer smartphones (;

Wysyłane z mojego HTC Wildfire za pomocą Tapatalk 2
    There will be a new release build, 7.1.0.1, soon.