Finally complete MTK6589 source code is released!

Search This thread

gogozx

Mar 5, 2013
Orašje
First we need to make a new kernel, one with overclocking, because MTK6589 can be overclocked up to 1.7 ghz, then we will aim for CyanogenMod! These are epic news! OMG i feel like a child getting a new toy or something xD

duthynl

Nov 2, 2012
Is the kernel that will be developed from this source compitable with the mtk6589t version of the cpu?

Sent from my W8 beyond using xda premium

postadelmaga

May 26, 2013
velvicul lovers

Can you confirm it is compatible with MT6589T ?

Also can we have clear list of compatibility on the first page ( I think I will help avoid newby people like to me to ask question many time )

Reactions: claro966

Denisuu

Nov 7, 2011
Great news! I sold my Xiaomi Mi2 not because i didnt like it but i wanted to buy a xiaomi mi3 but since this news came out i might order another phone not sure wich one yet :p

Does this also mean that the xiaomi red rice could be overclocked to 1.7?

Also does this mean MIUI can be ported to more devices or even get official support?

postadelmaga

May 26, 2013
TCL Idol X S950

Great news! I sold my Xiaomi Mi2 not because i didnt like it but i wanted to buy a xiaomi mi3 but since this news came out i might order another phone not sure wich one yet :p

Does this also mean that the xiaomi red rice could be overclocked to 1.7?

Also does this mean MIUI can be ported to more devices or even get official support?

I just bought a TCL idol X and it is great !!!

muncugabriel

Sep 10, 2010
Brașov
I have a HDC GT-I9502 (s4 clome) MTK 6589, it will be working for me too? Sorry for my engleza and noob

Sent from my GT-I9502 using xda premium

Boocy

Jan 28, 2013
no. things like camera and displays are different across different devices

So how can people that also have MT6589 device get any use of this source?
I mean, I have some chinese copy.. H7189 model, and I would like to enable OTG support on it.. is that possible to get done somehow using the kernel source Sony provided?

Regards.

pelelademadera

Account currently disabled
Aug 20, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
So how can people that also have MT6589 device get any use of this source?
I mean, I have some chinese copy.. H7189 model, and I would like to enable OTG support on it.. is that possible to get done somehow using the kernel source Sony provided?

Regards.

If you have time, you can compile the kernel as you wish, with make menuconfig enable the otg and things that you want.
then if the kernel is the same in your device 3.4.5 must be, you can try to copy the modules from your phone to the new compilation, camera, modem.img and things like that and try if all works.

Its all test and test and test.... I have no time, Im trying to get my sources from vowney...

Reactions: Boocy

Boocy

Jan 28, 2013
If you have time, you can compile the kernel as you wish, with make menuconfig enable the otg and things that you want.
then if the kernel is the same in your device 3.4.5 must be, you can try to copy the modules from your phone to the new compilation, camera, modem.img and things like that and try if all works.

Its all test and test and test.... I have no time, Im trying to get my sources from vowney...

Uuu well that sounds very very good, seems like all of the drivers for the specific phone model can be found in these modules, I never pulled these modules before, but I am guessing they are located somewhere in root directory of the phone, so all I need to do is to change a few things in configuration of kernel, and then recompile the whole thing back together. :)

AnTuTu benchmark is showing that I have kernel Linux version 3.4.5, but when I go to settings and click on "About Phone" tab, it shows me that I have 3.0.31 kernel version.. So I am not sure.. (attached pictures)

Anyway, thanx for the answer.. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-07-19-46-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-07-19-46-55.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 731
  • Screenshot_2013-09-07-19-47-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-07-19-47-10.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 686

pelelademadera

Account currently disabled
Aug 20, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Uuu well that sounds very very good, seems like all of the drivers for the specific phone model can be found in these modules, I never pulled these modules before, but I am guessing they are located somewhere in root directory of the phone, so all I need to do is to change a few things in configuration of kernel, and then recompile the whole thing back together. :)

AnTuTu benchmark is showing that I have kernel Linux version 3.4.5, but when I go to settings and click on "About Phone" tab, it shows me that I have 3.0.31 kernel version.. So I am not sure.. (attached pictures)

Anyway, thanx for the answer.. :)

I dont know whats happends, my phone reports the same in both, system info and antutu...

I think is 3.4.5 cause of your android version

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is :D

http://developer.sonymobile.com/dow...es/open-source-archive-for-build-16-0-a-0-36/

They are for Xperia C, the MTK6589 based phone!
    I tested them, they are complete!
    Archive is heavily compressed, when i uncompressed it, it was 2.2gb big!
    Let the development start!!!!!!!!
    Sourse for Fly IQ446 Magic

Sourse for Fly IQ446 Magic (MT6589) - kernel, full
    hi,
    just came across this thread.
    would the source revealed be of any use for rom development for the Asus memo pad HD 7 (173x)?
    it has a mtk6589 chipset.

thanks

I already made 2 beta kernels for our Memo pad hd7, you can check the latest updates on my ROM thread (check my SIG), was already tested by 5 members, it boots and the small additions I made are working.
    The next step is to fix some small bugs, and as soon as I get my memo pad again (I smashed the LCD) I can finnaly test again the next build I made, and will release the kernel to public .

On topic:

Best 6589 sources are indeed the Sony's and Lenovo's ...

Regards
    thanks~this really help me a lot!!!

if anyone has a working build, please share instructions on how to do that.
    Would be great if custom roms and CyanogenMod will be available for this great platform!
    Hi everyone,

since the source for the MTK6589 has been released can anyone make a custom CM10.1 rom for the Star S5? It has the same hardware as many smartphones from china (namely MIZ Z2, "x920" phones - there are many vendors, others that right now don't come into my mind).

Thank you very much. :)

why not start yourself?
    It's not that hard.
    The dual sim part maybe challenging.
    You just need Ubuntu 64 bit and follow this tutorial:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_porting_intro

You may best start without building the kernel, because some things are missing as far as I can tell.
    Start with recovery, which is pretty easy.
    One thing to mind: the boot.img structure of mtk devices is different than the default ones.
    Just read, fiddle and learn :).