[Q] S2 Problem HELP!!!

Search This thread

lewisSSGG

Feb 17, 2014
i recently installed miui v5 on my galaxy i9100 i tried it out and didint like it so i downloaded the ressurection kitkat 4.4 rom i tried to flash it (i was using cmw recovery version 6) which it came it while installing something like 'installation aborted (status 7)' so i thought okay ill flash miui back and get another rom, i flashed back the miui it installed all correctly but when i rebooted the phone it gets stuck on the samsung boot logo and i get nothing so i went back into cmw to see if i could found out whats happend, i tried to wipe/factory reset the phone through cmw and i get 'error mouting sd card.android secure.. so i went into mounts/storage and tried to wipe the sd card just by itself that didnt work i also like an idiot whiped my external storage (usb storage) that had the Roms/gapps in and now im stuck and cant do anything, there is no sideload on cmw.. so what can i do to flash a new rom and what rom can i use that will 100% work smoothly i want it to be 4.4

flasherruts

Sep 11, 2013
Mumbai
okay . first up stop panicking and all will be cool . i assume you can enter recovery mode ? switch your device off , remove the sd card and place a newer version of cwm recovery by a sd card reader ( http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/GalaxyS2/recovery/CWM-KitKatCompatible-i9100.zip ) . Also Place the rom ( the one you wish [since you want it be kitkat , i recommend you to flash cyanaosp ] ) after you are done copying both files on sd using a card reader , place the sd back and plug the battery in . boot into recovery mode and flash the cwm-kitkatcompatible recovery . after you have flashed it , reboot recovery ( under advanced ) and you'll be running cwm recovery v6.0.4.5 . Then wipe data , cache , dalvik cache ( under advanced ) and then flash the rom . reboot system and you'll be running cyanaosp .
here are a few important links : CyanAOSP : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576407
P.S. : Report and feel free to ask anything and hope i helped ... do as i said and you'll be fine . All the best

Reactions: lewisSSGG

lewisSSGG

Feb 17, 2014
the sd card in an internal one, ive installed twrp recovery now and tried to install alliance rom and its saying E: unable to mount efs any ideas?

lewisSSGG

Feb 17, 2014
okay . first up stop panicking and all will be cool . i assume you can enter recovery mode ? switch your device off , remove the sd card and place a newer version of cwm recovery by a sd card reader ( http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/GalaxyS2/recovery/CWM-KitKatCompatible-i9100.zip ) . Also Place the rom ( the one you wish [since you want it be kitkat , i recommend you to flash cyanaosp ] ) after you are done copying both files on sd using a card reader , place the sd back and plug the battery in . boot into recovery mode and flash the cwm-kitkatcompatible recovery . after you have flashed it , reboot recovery ( under advanced ) and you'll be running cwm recovery v6.0.4.5 . Then wipe data , cache , dalvik cache ( under advanced ) and then flash the rom . reboot system and you'll be running cyanaosp .
here are a few important links : CyanAOSP : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576407
P.S. : Report and feel free to ask anything and hope i helped ... do as i said and you'll be fine . All the best

its now saying cant mount efs

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
Did you bkup you're efs? Hope so. Why are you on twrp when he helped you to get to cwm and a working phone? Flash siyah kernel v6.0b5 with Odin tar or in twrp zip. Then flash alliance rom. BTW Have you tried to mount efs in recovery?

lewisSSGG

Feb 17, 2014
Did you bkup you're efs? Hope so. Why are you on twrp when he helped you to get to cwm and a working phone? Flash siyah kernel v6.0b5 with Odin tar or in twrp zip. Then flash alliance rom. BTW Have you tried to mount efs in recovery?

he thought i had a removable sd card when it is an internal sd card on my s2.. i havent got a efs back up and it wont mount through recovery im trying to flash it back to stock will this work? i flashed thunderbolt rom and got it to boot up fine but it said i had not internal memory in my settings so i couldnt download apps or anything

lewisSSGG

Feb 17, 2014

ive flashed stock rom ics 4.0.3 and its saying i have no imei no baseband ect, i know there is a ficx with an app on the market but i need root so i tried to root the phone with cf root through odin it passes but the phone wont boot up after root, ive also tried flashing siyah and then flashing the thunderbolt rom that boots up and says i have network connection but no internal memory and with stock rom i have memory but not network connection any ideas on what i should do?

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
To root the s2 and install cwm.. Because the kernel and recovery are together on the s2 you just flash a kernel on firmware like 4.1.2 . So if you flash say philz kernel on 4.1.2 firmware you get custom stock kernel and root and cwm all from the one zip.
Edit.. Sorry about the link. Get 4.1.2 from Sammobile.com.

lewisSSGG

Feb 17, 2014
To root the s2 and install cwm.. Because the kernel and recovery are together on the s2 you just flash a kernel on firmware like 4.1.2 . So if you flash say philz kernel on 4.1.2 firmware you get custom stock kernel and root and cwm all from the one zip.
Edit.. Sorry about the link. Get 4.1.2 from Sammobile.com.

okay im downloading the firmware now, and ive just read on one off the philz threads that i can root with philz kernal matching my stock rom which is 4.1.2 XWLSW and downloading the kernal which is made for rom with XWLSW so it says, and ill flash them and see what happends.. does that all seem okay to you?

lewisSSGG

Feb 17, 2014
Factory reset in recovery and reboot

tried that it didnt work, the only thing i can think of is that its the wrong firmware.. im on three network i downloaded the uk jb firmware for that networkand my phone and that bootloops as well the only one that worked is the ics stock rom.. i have no idea what to do now haha

Top Liked Posts