Zagg Glass

Search This thread

xCeejayy

May 12, 2012
San Diego
Hey guys, I installed the Zagg Glass on my M8 and so far so good.
Installation was easy but I did notice that Zagg's "Micro fiber Lint cloth" does more harm than good, then again I noticed the same thing with their Plastic screen protector. I'd recommend not using it unless you boil it down/rinse it to death.
It'll leave it's own lint on your screen.

Other than that I have no complains.

The Glass itself is smoother than the glass on the phone and it resists smudges quite well.
I live in San Diego so when people use my phone their hands aren't the driest since it's been 90+ lately. Yet when they were done there were no smudges. The edges are rounded like The Glas.Tr from Spigen and I have absolutely no bubbles at all.

I had the BodyGuardz ScreenGuardz Pure before this and I can definitely say it was an upgrade.

Last edited:

TheEmpyre

Sep 23, 2012
I will corroborate your review. Pretty good quality, the feel is excellent and even more so oleophobic than the stock screen in my opinion. I can't even tell it's on there, and the screen isn't compromised at all. Worth the $40.

The lint cloth caused me no trouble although it didn't really help either.

The only gripe I have is that when I was "smoothing out" the bubbles, it says to press down hard, and I used the lint cloth along with some force from my thumb nail, and if you tilt it in the right light you can see exactly where I pressed down with my thumb nail in several spots...just small depressions in the shape of a nail tip. Didn't think an "industrial strength" glass/plastic would be easily indented by a thumb nail. In any case, its a small neurotic thing that doesn't bother me much, just something I noticed. Overall pleased.

4/5 Stars :D

faded03cobra

Mar 23, 2012
Probably my second favorite outta all the ones I've had. Tried almost every glass protector. Mime feather is still my favorite, but this is close.

TwiSStD

Oct 25, 2012
Well... I really wanted to stay away from zag due to past experiences with their products. Being that my brand new spigen light armor hadn't arrived, I went to the local best buy to find a cheap screen protector until I could get more money for the glastr shield. Cheapest one there was a invisishield for 25 bucks, damn.... Then for only 5 bucks more was the glass zag shield, plus the life time warranty.
I had no choice. I would for sure get my screen scratched up while working.

So anyway, to my suprise, I couldn't be any happier with this screen protector. No dust, no bubbles, no edges peeling, no fitment issues, no headaches. This glass protector Sh*** on wet installs, and plastic shields. Also, it fits very nice with the spigen light armor. Also it really does resist fingerprints and smudges. 10/10

racedog

Feb 22, 2005
I have the Bodyguardz glass protector that I bought at the AT&T store. It works fine and I like it but it is thick. They didn't have any dot view cases in stock and I ordered one while I was there. I also asked if the case would work with the protector (because of the added thickness of the glass) and they said it "probably" would. Well, yesterday the case arrived in the mail and it won't close because of the Bodyguardz protector.

Can anyone in here tell me if the dot view case will work with the Zagg glass protector?

TNS201

Feb 11, 2010
wow $40? I also hate best buy so will not shop there ever.

What about the glass screen protectors on ebay for $5-15, sounds more reasonable.

MattH41

Oct 30, 2010
Akron, OH
I used to avoid screen shields like the plague because of finger smudges, difficult installs, and bubbles/defects. But I'm in love with the glass shield. I'll corroborate all the above and say it's a simple install and resists fingerprints much better than the regular screen.

TriBeard

Feb 14, 2012
wow $40? I also hate best buy so will not shop there ever.

What about the glass screen protectors on ebay for $5-15, sounds more reasonable.

The nice thing is you get a lifetime warranty. If you choke it down and buy it from best buy, I think they charge 7.99 or something to install it, but if you ever mess it up or it peels or they don't install it right you can take it back and they redo it. Otherwise, you just email zagg and they send you a new one in a couple days.

hawaiianboi

Aug 26, 2006
Hawaii
The nice thing is you get a lifetime warranty. If you choke it down and buy it from best buy, I think they charge 7.99 or something to install it, but if you ever mess it up or it peels or they don't install it right you can take it back and they redo it. Otherwise, you just email zagg and they send you a new one in a couple days.

If you go through Zagg, you have to pay for the shipping, but thats only like $5 so it aint bad.

Legobricke

Aug 10, 2010
Jupiter
If you go through Zagg, you have to pay for the shipping, but thats only like $5 so it aint bad.

Well.... That lifetime thing would be great.... But for the glass replacement, zagg will charge you 15 bucks and another 5 bucks for shipping...

It would of been nice if they would of changed the print on the packaging.

Lego

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TriBeard

Feb 14, 2012

True, but one time and it's only 3 bucks more for Best Buy to do it, and as soon as you have it done twice, you would have been better off with them. Not to mention you can just pop in whenever you're around a store and have it fixed.

hawaiianboi

Aug 26, 2006
Hawaii
Well.... That lifetime thing would be great.... But for the glass replacement, zagg will charge you 15 bucks and another 5 bucks for shipping...

It would of been nice if they would of changed the print on the packaging.

Lego

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

They don't charge another $15, just the $5 for shipping.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin
On my second Glass...First I bought the HD shield, and they have what I believe to be, a defect in design on the HD. Not only does it cover the screen, but on all 4 corners, it goes up the sides of the speaker grills. If your screen is not perfectly flush with the metal speaker plates guess what...you will have air pockets that you cant get rid of. After going back and forth, they sent me a replacement, and it was the SAME thing..UGH..

So I went out and bought a Glass..since it only protected the screen. Had issues with the first one, as none of the corners would stick! Put in for another replacement, which came today, and it went on smooth as silk and all the corners are bubble free...

When you do the replacement, you also need to send back your old one. They provide you an envelope to do so. They will also ask for your credit card number. If you do not return your old one, they will charge you the full price for the replacement they shipped out!

erieboyz

Nov 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
Just got the Zagg glass shield installed today and I have to say this is the best I've ever tried. Glass from now on!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tazz.

Mar 27, 2014
New York City
Are there alternatives from ZAGG Glass? I wanted to purchase it on Amazon because I have a gift card, but they don't sell it. Any recommendations?