[Q] Overheating

Search This thread

woowdy

Jul 28, 2012
Springfield Mo
I got the phone form At&t about 3 days ago. The phone is perfect and everything work just fine no lags or anything. and the design is really really nice. However, The device have this overheating when taking picture or when I charge the phone. I know Verizon users have been complaining about the device overheating when playing game. Does anyone else have the same problem or do I need to get a new device since I am still under the 14 days exchange policy?

Crazypinoy9

Jun 19, 2010
Mine warms up if I'm taking a lot of pictures. I have also experienced it getting warm playing a few games too.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Being constructed out of aluminum, the more you use it for extended periods of time or have you brightness at higher settings, the more often and much quicker it will heat up. That being said, if your just snapping a few quick pics, or texting a buddy for a few minutes without putting your phone back to sleep and it feels actually hot not just warm, then you might have an issue. It really just depends whether you can live with it or if it's going to be something that will bug you every time you notice it. If the latter of the two is the case then I'd suggest exchanging for a new unit.

Hope this helps^^^^^^

S550

Apr 21, 2014
Mine warms up if I'm taking a lot of pictures. I have also experienced it getting warm playing a few games too.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'd like to mention that the aluminum body also makes a nice heat sink. So it doesn't surprise me that you feel the warmth on the body of the phone. Plastic doesn't transfer heat nearly as well.

Crazypinoy9

Jun 19, 2010
I'd like to mention that the aluminum body also makes a nice heat sink. So it doesn't surprise me that you feel the warmth on the body of the phone. Plastic doesn't transfer heat nearly as well.

Yeah I know that. I'm only adding in my experience because I've seen so many people on here saying their M8 never gets hot. It's always going to vary from user to user but I don't want the OP to think he's the only one ;)

S550

Apr 21, 2014
Yeah I know that. I'm only adding in my experience because I've seen so many people on here saying their M8 never gets hot. It's always going to vary from user to user but I don't want the OP to think he's the only one ;)

One thing I do to save battery (and reduce heat) is Under Clock the kernel.
This device is pretty darn fast, and I don't notice the under clock in every day use!

Pure+

May 28, 2013
One thing I do to save battery (and reduce heat) is Under Clock the kernel.
This device is pretty darn fast, and I don't notice the under clock in every day use!

What kernel are you using to do this? ElementalX?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk