HTC One Random Restarts/Bootloops

Search This thread

Spunkiest

Dec 8, 2012
Hey guys,

I was looking at buying this phone for myself and saw a faulty one that randomly restarts. Could this be a easy fix for me or could it possible be hardware related?

Appreciate all help :)

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hey guys,

I was looking at buying this phone for myself and saw a faulty one that randomly restarts. Could this be a easy fix for me or could it possible be hardware related?

Appreciate all help :)

Could be many things... hard to say without any information.

Imagine if you call a car mechanics and you tell him ''I want to buy a car with an engine that randomly stops, could this be easy to fix or not?'' ;)

Then, he would probably ask you:

• What you (or last owner) did with the car (phone) before it broke?
  • What car (phone variant) is it exactly? (fastboot getvar all)
  • What engine model inside that car (what rom)?
  • Any modification on the car (phone)? Root, unlocked booltoader, s-off, kernel?
  • And why would you want to buy a defective car (phone)?

;)

Spunkiest

Dec 8, 2012
Could be many things... hard to say without any information.

Imagine if you call a car mechanics and you tell him ''I want to buy a car with an engine that randomly stops, could this be easy to fix or not?'' ;)

Then, he would probably ask you:

• What you (or last owner) did with the car (phone) before it broke?
  • What car (phone variant) is it exactly? (fastboot getvar all)
  • What engine model inside that car (what rom)?
  • Any modification on the car (phone)? Root, unlocked booltoader, s-off, kernel?
  • And why would you want to buy a defective car (phone)?

;)

So what your saying is that it's a gamble or a shot in the dark... I'll ask the seller a few of the questions and see what the reply is. If it's software, could I fix it myself or would I need to send it to HTC (wouldn't buy the phone then).
Thanks for the help though :good:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
So what your saying is that it's a gamble or a shot in the dark... I'll ask the seller a few of the questions and see what the reply is. If it's software, could I fix it myself or would I need to send it to HTC (wouldn't buy the phone then).
Thanks for the help though :good:

Yes this is a shot in the dark. Most software issue can be solved. There are some exceptions. Better to stay away from that device. If it would be an easy fix, that guy would probably have fixed it himself instead of selling it.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Spunkiest

Dec 8, 2012
Yes this is a shot in the dark. Most software issue can be solved. There are some exceptions. Better to stay away from that device. If it would be an easy fix, that guy would probably have fixed it himself instead of selling it.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

I did get a message back, just start to happen randomly in the morning, never been rooted, had a ROM flashed, s-off or tampered with...
They have said that they doesn't have the knowledge to install "new software" to the phone. I don't think they do know a great deal then?
What would be a good offer (In pounds)? I am looking for a new phone anyway but if it isn't a fixer upper then I'll re-sell it.

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
I did get a message back, just start to happen randomly in the morning, never been rooted, had a ROM flashed, s-off or tampered with...
They have said that they doesn't have the knowledge to install "new software" to the phone. I don't think they do know a great deal then?
What would be a good offer (In pounds)? I am looking for a new phone anyway but if it isn't a fixer upper then I'll re-sell it.

Sounds like your easy to con,
I could put you in touch with quite a few people, they have loads of stuff they want to get rid off..

Seriously, we hear this in XDA forums all the time..
" I bought it new, never touched it and somehow its suddenly found itself rooted. Help I've got to get it back to stock for warranty ". Tell him you will try it out for a few hours.
So before you get it. Install HTC sync, then uninstall it. The drivers will remain. Download adb and fastboot. Put them all in a folder on your desktop. In the mean time read all the guides on HTC but mostly Q&As. By the time you get it, you may be able to sort it out all by yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Spunkiest

Dec 8, 2012
Sounds like your easy to con,
I could put you in touch with quite a few people, they have loads of stuff they want to get rid off..

Seriously, we hear this in XDA forums all the time..
" I bought it new, never touched it and somehow its suddenly found itself rooted. Help I've got to get it back to stock for warranty ". Tell him you will try it out for a few hours.
So before you get it. Install HTC sync, then uninstall it. The drivers will remain. Download adb and fastboot. Put them all in a folder on your desktop. In the mean time read all the guides on HTC but mostly Q&As. By the time you get it, you may be able to sort it out all by yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It is around 7 months old though (forgot to include that) Also, I still haven't bought it yet as I am still thinking whether to or not as it could indeed be a con or unfixable....