Learn from my mistake.

Search This thread

apollostees

Oct 22, 2009
Atlanta
I mistakenly bought the Chinese version of the 1+1.
After looking at the bands it supports I realized that it would be no good for T-Mobile in the US.
I admit this was my fault. Still, it's good customer service to allow a customer to return something within a reasonable amount of time.

So, within 24 hours I emailed them:
I would like to cancel this order. My network does not support the wireless bands used by this phone.

Two days later:
On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:44 PM, OPPOMART <support@oppomart.com> wrote:
Hi,it supports
GSM:850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
TD-SCDMA:1800-1920 / 2010-2025
WCDMA*:2100 / 1900 / 850 / 900
TD-LTE:2570-2620 / 1880-1920 / 2300-2400
FDD-LTE*:2100 / 1800 / 2600

I didn't ask you what the bands are, I said cancel!

My carrier does not use these bands.

I want to cancel my order. It still shows processing. Please cancel my order.

On Jun 16, 2014 12:02 AM, "OPPOMART" <support@oppomart.com> wrote:
Hi,we have shipped your order on 12th June.
The LTE standard covers a range of many different bands, each of which is designated by both a frequency and a band number. In North America, 700, 750, 800, 850, 1900, 1700/2100 (AWS) and 2600 MHz (Rogers Communications, Bell Canada) are used (bands 4, 7, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 41); 2500 MHz in South America; 800, 900, 1800, 2600 MHz in Europe(bands 3, 7, 20);1800 and 2600 MHz in Asia (bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 11, 13, 40);and 1800 MHz and 2300 MHz in Australiaand New Zealand (bands 3, 40).As a result, phones from one country may not work in other countries. Users will need a multi-band capable phone for roaming internationally.
More details, please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_(telecommunication)

Did you catch that, I asked them to cancel on the 9th they shipped 3 days later on the 12th. And, did this guy really just give me a wikipedia article??

How do I return it?

Please don't steal from me. I've told you I can't use this phone on my network.

In the end I had to do a paypal dispute to get my money back. I finally got my money back on 6/21 12 days later. Like I said it was my fault that I didn't read the specs for the Chinese model. But, these guys have really poor service. This experience has soured me on Oppomart, OPO, 1+1 and anyone else affiliated with them.

Here's to hoping I have better luck with the Chinese version I'm getting sent! I use Net10 (Straight Talk/Tracfone) with an AT&T Sim - I've read up on the bands and it appears I'll get 3G/HSPA+, which I'm OK with considering the HSPA+ speeds are better where I live then the AT&T LTE speeds......doesn't make sense at all!

But anyways good info to know for people on T-Mobile!

And good luck getting your hands on an international version, I'm assuming you still want one! :)

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
You can't blame oneplus for customer service issues with oppomart. They may not even be affiliated with oneplus.

Oh I read about a hacked radio that allows the same bands as on the international version. Check the forums for a link. I don't have it.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

You can't blame oneplus for customer service issues with oppomart. They may not even be affiliated with oneplus.

Oh I read about a hacked radio that allows the same bands as on the international version. Check the forums for a link. I don't have it.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Yea, that is true. They may not have the best customer relations - but they are more than likely not affiliated with OnePlus whatsoever.

And I'm interested in that hack - I assumed since OnePlus said early on that there would only be one model (no variants) other than the memory - that even the Chinese version should have those radios (physically at least) and that they are just disabled due to Chinese whatever.

M

mitchilin

I've heard other people in the same situation and Oppomart doing the same thing.

So what now, you have to send it back?

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
oppomart is not affiliated with oppo or oneplus. they are referred to as "scalpers" by the company. the do resell the chinese coloros version of the phone with incompatible bands at a higher price. even mentioning them on the oneplus forums is banned.