[Q] storage problem

Search This thread

soma cruz

Jul 6, 2014
I got my Sony Xperia ZR and was unable to move any of my apps to SD card. My SD card is currently working fine.THE only problem I am getting is that I the "move to sd card" button is not there. My ZR is updated into 4.4 kitkat and is rooted already. I downloaded the AppMgr III and it still doesn't work.I also tried foldermount and I can transfer apps data to sd card but after then my apps stop working and show an error message.please help if anyone knows how to fix it.

xConjo

Dec 26, 2012
Santiago de Chile
test029.tk
On foldermount make sure to "pin" the apps, the ?pin should be green like the screenshot:
Screenshot_2014-07-07-02-09-38.png

Last edited:
Reactions: soma cruz

xConjo

Dec 26, 2012
Santiago de Chile
test029.tk
Where can I find this menu?
It's an app called Foldermount, you can use it to "redirect" internal folders to your external SD card so you can have more space: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devasque.fmount&hl=es_419 It requires root
I tried that but my Phone reboot everytime when I make the pin green.do you know why this is happening?
Make sure you gave the app root access. Try re-installing it from playstore.

soma cruz

Jul 6, 2014
It's Not working!tell me can I move apps to sd if I install custom rom in my phone or can I change the instalation direction

SirVer

Jul 8, 2014
As far as I understand, the Xperia ZR does not support this. Period. Something to do with the fact that it's internal storage is actually an external that's built into the phone and emulated to act as the internal. It might even be a limitation of KitKat, but I don't think that's likely. Your best bet is Link2SD (preferrably pro) for regular apps and games, and FolderMount for apps with obb files like Injustice, Gameloft games, etc. Link2SD can be somewhat confusing though, though it's a little easier if you have some basic experience with Linux or partitioning hard disks. I understand that there are some apps that do what Link2SD does, but automates everything and keeps it simple (I think simple2ext might be an example of this, not sure though). Native app2sd and AppsMgrIII and the like are out of the question, though.

xConjo

Dec 26, 2012
Santiago de Chile
test029.tk
As far as I understand, the Xperia ZR does not support this. Period. Something to do with the fact that it's internal storage is actually an external that's built into the phone and emulated to act as the internal. It might even be a limitation of KitKat, but I don't think that's likely. Your best bet is Link2SD (preferrably pro) for regular apps and games, and FolderMount for apps with obb files like Injustice, Gameloft games, etc. Link2SD can be somewhat confusing though, though it's a little easier if you have some basic experience with Linux or partitioning hard disks. I understand that there are some apps that do what Link2SD does, but automates everything and keeps it simple (I think simple2ext might be an example of this, not sure though). Native app2sd and AppsMgrIII and the like are out of the question, though.
It does support it, at least for me. Maybe because I have installed the "KitKat SD Card Full Access" module on Xposed? that and foldermount makes a great combo.

SirVer

Jul 8, 2014
Really? Damn. Partitioned my SD card for nothing. I'm not really sure what Xposed is; I guess I'm going to go find a tutorial for it now. Thanks for the heads up.

P.S. Why would you need foldermount if you have native apps2sd? Doesn't the native move obb files?

xConjo

Dec 26, 2012
Santiago de Chile
test029.tk
Really? Damn. Partitioned my SD card for nothing. I'm not really sure what Xposed is; I guess I'm going to go find a tutorial for it now. Thanks for the heads up.

P.S. Why would you need foldermount if you have native apps2sd? Doesn't the native move obb files?

Xposed Framework Is really useful and can be a really great complement in some roms (like the Stock one); It let you change the behavior of the system and apps without touching any APKs; so for example, I use it to force Inmersive Mode on apps that doesn't have this feature (I use it for games mostly, so I play at full screen :p) and also I have the module named Kitkat SD Card full acces, that itself doesn't let me move apps to the SD, but if I understand correctly, this one let non-system apps gain acces to the SD Card (sdcard1).
I still can't move apps to the SD with that (from settings, also tried App2SD and link2sd and said that there was a problem because storage is being emulated) That's why I need to use FoulderMount and it's simple. select the source folder to mount (from Emulated/0 or sdcard0) and then thee destination folder (sdcard1/[whateverthenameofthefolderis]/) and that's it. there are tutorials (better explained) on how to use it too.

Reactions: SirVer

soma cruz

Jul 6, 2014
Link2sd need second partition of the sd card and I don't know how to do it.I tried so many times but it didn't work.

SirVer

Jul 8, 2014
Link2sd need second partition of the sd card and I don't know how to do it.I tried so many times but it didn't work.
If you're happy using Foldermount, then I suggest you don't bother with Link2SD. Partitioning an SD card is annoying and often messy. Also, it's not very flexible. You can't use any free space in the second partition for storage, which is just wasteful. Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant app, and a very clever workaround for the problem, but it's not a perfect solution.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Xposed Framework Is really useful and can be a really great complement in some roms (like the Stock one); It let you change the behavior of the system and apps without touching any APKs; so for example, I use it to force Inmersive Mode on apps that doesn't have this feature (I use it for games mostly, so I play at full screen :p) and also I have the module named Kitkat SD Card full acces, that itself doesn't let me move apps to the SD, but if I understand correctly, this one let non-system apps gain acces to the SD Card (sdcard1).
I still can't move apps to the SD with that (from settings, also tried App2SD and link2sd and said that there was a problem because storage is being emulated) That's why I need to use FoulderMount and it's simple. select the source folder to mount (from Emulated/0 or sdcard0) and then thee destination folder (sdcard1/[whateverthenameofthefolderis]/) and that's it. there are tutorials (better explained) on how to use it too.
Oh, I see. So there's no way to get the native, Android inbuilt app2sd? Bummer.
The Xposed framework looks very interesting, to say the least. After taking a look, I've decided to go back to stock and just use this for my tweaks and such. How long I'll keep it like that, I don't know, but I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks for explaining it to me. :)

Top Liked Posts