[APP][1.3 - updated 16/10/10] Dust Beta - Version 1.3

Search This thread

fredley

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 20, 2009
Cambridge
www.tommedley.com
Hi guys/gals

I've just got my first Android game to a reasonably stable state, though this assumption is based mostly on emulator work. I only own a N1, so I have no idea whether this app will even run smoothly on older hardware. I'd love to hear some feedback, here's a market link and apk, enjoy!

Description:
Herd little particles of dust off my desk, racing against the clock. Either battle for high scores in time trial mode, or try and tackle 5 mazes (more coming!) in three levels of difficulty.

Changelog:

1.3:
  • New bonuses, black hole and bomb!
  • Updated Instructions
  • Minor Fixes

1.2:
  • Fixed Rotation Bug
  • Added ability to share scores

1.15:
  • WORKING on Samsung Galaxy S!

1.1:
  • Added bonuses (time bonus or freeze bomb!) on Time Trial mode
  • Fixed sound levels
  • Minor bug fixes

1.01:
  • Fixed crash on finishing level 5
  • Fixed back button
  • Fixed typos :)

Screenshots:
screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

YouTube:

img.php

Attachments

• dust1.3.apk
    2.6 MB · Views: 320
Last edited:

XaviorPenguin

Jan 29, 2008
Searching for it Market gives me:
Code:
There are no matches in Android Market for the search: [B]pname:tommedley.android.game[/B]

Also, downloading the APK provided, installing it on my Android OS 1.5 on my Motorola Backflip, I get the error:
Code:
C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb install dust.apk
283 KB/s (1876582 bytes in 6.475s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/dust.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK]

fredley

Apr 20, 2009
Cambridge
www.tommedley.com
Searching for it Market gives me:
Code:
There are no matches in Android Market for the search: [B]pname:tommedley.android.game[/B]

Also, downloading the APK provided, installing it on my Android OS 1.5 on my Motorola Backflip, I get the error:
Code:
C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb install dust.apk
283 KB/s (1876582 bytes in 6.475s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/dust.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK]

I have only compiled against 2.0 for now (and as a result there are some incompatibilities). In the future I will get around to making it work for 1.5+. This would also be why it didn't show up in the market for you, sorry.

Tom

Last edited:

BrooklynAvi

Nov 5, 2008
Brooklyn
www.mibapps.com
Hi guys/gals

I've just got my first Android game to a reasonably stable state, though this assumption is based mostly on emulator work. I only own a N1, so I have no idea whether this app will even run smoothly on older hardware. I'd love to hear some feedback, here's a market link and apk, enjoy!

Description:
Herd little particles of dust off my desk, racing against the clock. Either battle for high scores in time trial mode, or try and tackle 5 mazes (more coming!) in three levels of difficulty.

I haven't tried the game yet but the instructions has a spelling error. You wrote "Normal - not to bad" when it should be "too." Just a heads up. Going to try the game now.

nattiii

Feb 22, 2010
Nice game :) aside from the spelling error, you can't exit with the back button in the main menu...

Runs fine on my Magic 32B, with Eclair

Gnopps

Aug 4, 2010
Galaxy S

I just tried the Market-version on my Galaxy S but no matter what game or level I choose I only see a blank desktop, nothing else. Home/pause buttons work fine though.

PPCUserT

Nov 28, 2006
Freeport
Game works great on my evo (froyo). Same for me with not being able to exit the game with the back button. Home will close it though.

fredley

Apr 20, 2009
Cambridge
www.tommedley.com
Game works great on my evo (froyo). Same for me with not being able to exit the game with the back button. Home will close it though.

This would be due to me catching and ignoring all back presses :). The reason I do this awful thing, is that if you go back from the menus, it will go back to the game, which has finished, and crash the app. (The game itself happens in a separate activity). If anyone can give me a tip on how to avoid this that'd be grand...

Gochris

Nov 18, 2007
Calgary
Any chance of helping me debug? I don't know anyone personally with a Galaxy S, so it's going to be impossible to fix otherwise!

I could yes. Right now during the day I don't have a usb cable, but if I can do it all on the phone using terminal if needed that's fine. Later I could hook up if needed. PM me what you need. I'll download the app now.