[Q] Back to Verizon

Search This thread

roghitmanx47

Oct 7, 2012
I was recently informed that I might be able to get into the Edge Program with Verizon and have run into a dilemma. I am obviously rooted and cannot return my phone to my phone as is but if I am accepted into the program I will most likely have to trade my S3 in for whatever other phone I want. I have found other topics but haven't really gotten an updated answer. I need to flash my phone back to stock so I can potentially return it but all of these other rest guides don't tell me how to get the 4.3 update that the GS3 officially comes with if you were to buy it today from Verizon. Any help here?

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
I was recently informed that I might be able to get into the Edge Program with Verizon and have run into a dilemma. I am obviously rooted and cannot return my phone to my phone as is but if I am accepted into the program I will most likely have to trade my S3 in for whatever other phone I want. I have found other topics but haven't really gotten an updated answer. I need to flash my phone back to stock so I can potentially return it but all of these other rest guides don't tell me how to get the 4.3 update that the GS3 officially comes with if you were to buy it today from Verizon. Any help here?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2586319

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
But what if I am ineligible for the Edge and want to return back to root? This is telling me my bootloader will then be locked forever.

You asked how to get to 4.3 as of it were Ota'd by Verizon, that's the 4.3 update.

You can reroot but you can't unlock the bootloader, you should make sure you're eligible first before you flash that.

roghitmanx47

Oct 7, 2012
You asked how to get to 4.3 as of it were Ota'd by Verizon, that's the 4.3 update.

You can reroot but you can't unlock the bootloader, you should make sure you're eligible first before you flash that.

Ok sounds good, thank you! Another quick question though, is there even a point to re-rooting but having a locked bootloader? Or is rooting again useless after that?

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Ok sounds good, thank you! Another quick question though, is there even a point to re-rooting but having a locked bootloader? Or is rooting again useless after that?

You still have options, If you want to know everything about the update and what you can do with it Check out the sticky in the development section.

Top Liked Posts