Tmobile Wifi calling on 4.4 roms?

Search This thread

trpfn03

Aug 7, 2013
Do any of the new roms -- 4.4X support tmobile wifi calling?

The slim rom is awesome but no wifi.

Jedi is dead---

pvsgh

Nov 16, 2011
WiFi calling is a feature included only in TW ROMS released by T-Mobile or custom ROMS based on official T-Mobile ROMS.

If you need WiFi calling you need to stick to TW 4.3 based ROMS until T-Mobile releases official Kitkat update.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
I tinkered with the apk and looked at the framework from the GN3 4.4 ROM. Well beyond me how to merge it to the GN2 Nordic based ROMs.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

trpfn03

Aug 7, 2013
WiFi calling is a feature included only in TW ROMS released by T-Mobile or custom ROMS based on official T-Mobile ROMS.

If you need WiFi calling you need to stick to TW 4.3 based ROMS until T-Mobile releases official Kitkat update.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Thanks--

1. IS there something that explains what types of roms there are and the differences? like tw vs gn3?

2. How do you know if the the roms are TW or GN3?

3. How do i find the TW roms?

Thanks

hodgestl

Apr 3, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Thanks--

1. IS there something that explains what types of roms there are and the differences? like tw vs gn3?

2. How do you know if the the roms are TW or GN3?

3. How do i find the TW roms?

Thanks
TW refers to TouchWiz, which is the user interface that Samsung uses for all its stock versions of Android. GN# refers to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone which is out and already has Kit Kat 4.4 on it. What I am saying is, the GN3 (Galaxy Note 3) is running a TouchWiz ROM (if it is stock of course) becuase Touchwiz only refers to Samsung's overall implementation of Android on Samsung phones.

So unfortunately, there is no way to answer your questions 1 or 2. Now as to where you find TouchWiz based roms, the forums here on XDA are a good start. Make sure what you are looking at is based for our phone (the SGH-T889) and either specifically says TouchWiz or specifically NOT say AOSP based.

One more thing. READ, READ, READ, READ. It seems you may need just a little more understanding to find what you are looking for. Good luck. There are many folks here willing to help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wonder if port from T Mobile gn3 would result in wifi calling

While it's *possible* to port over there would be a metric butt ton of work that would probably break some stuff. The tmo 4.4 ROM is likely coming soon anyway.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement