[SOURCE] [UNOFFICIAL] CM7 for Infuse (Updated: 2011-09-29)

Search This thread

welchertc

Jan 13, 2011
How exactly are the incoming call ringtones broken? Like does it just not play any sound? Just wondering because that's basically the only thing keeping me from giving this a shot. Very excited to see this coming together, great work Linuxbozo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA Premium App

LinuxBozo

Retired Recognized Developer
May 29, 2011
Salem, VA
Yes, currently, it does not play the ringtone. You can select them, and they play during the selection process, but during an incoming call, it does not play. It will vibrate, if you are in silent mode, or select Vibrate Always, so you do get at least some notification. All other sounds work perfectly, like for instance text notifications. This issue has been a pain to track down, so I've been going back and forth between it and other bugs.

welchertc

Jan 13, 2011
Yes, currently, it does not play the ringtone. You can select them, and they play during the selection process, but during an incoming call, it does not play. It will vibrate, if you are in silent mode, or select Vibrate Always, so you do get at least some notification. All other sounds work perfectly, like for instance text notifications. This issue has been a pain to track down, so I've been going back and forth between it and other bugs.

Thanks for the speedy reply. I just updated to infused 2.0 stable today, so maybe I'll give this a try in a few days if I get bored. Haha. Keep up the good work and good luck tracking down the bug!

LinuxBozo

May 29, 2011
Salem, VA
LINUX, can u make it easier to flash it by CWM or odin??

Sure, I could. But won't. For one, CM7 does not flash via Odin. Ever. Check any other device. It just plain doesn't happen. Period.

And because it's currently in a state of development, there's no reason to release a fully CWM flashable version. It's been proven here time and time again that people won't read the first post, will just grab the download and flash, and then ***** about things not working, when clearly, it's stated that they don't. So, if you want it that badly, then you'll figure out how to build it yourself, as I've provided the instructions for doing so. Several people have built CM7 from the instructions without issue (with the exception of me screwing up the repository a time or two). Quite frankly, those that are able to build their own version are the people that I would rather have testing at this point, because when things are broken, they can provide me with the correct details on what they did, how they did it, and the error logs involved in tracking down the issue.

Now, if you found this answer harsh, so be it. The fact of the matter is that this is NOT ready for the general public so providing the general public with something that is known to be broken is not responsible development. I'm a professional software developer, so I follow a strict code on software releases: If it doesn't work 100%, it doesn't ship. Cyanogenmod agrees: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/a-note-on-unofficial-ports-and-how-to-get-it-right

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
FYI, the issues pointed out in LinuxBozo's most recent post is why there's a lot of potentially good stuff "in the pipes" kernel-wise in my git repo, but I'm really reluctant to post a compiled kernel here.

Seriously - if more people read the first post of kernel/ROM threads and took time to read the threads too, you'd be seeing more stuff posted here. But after seeing all of the crap gtg has to put up with in the Infused thread, I don't blame LB at all, as I kind of feel the same way.

JordanElliott

Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
FYI, the issues pointed out in LinuxBozo's most recent post is why there's a lot of potentially good stuff "in the pipes" kernel-wise in my git repo, but I'm really reluctant to post a compiled kernel here.

Seriously - if more people read the first post of kernel/ROM threads and took time to read the threads too, you'd be seeing more stuff posted here. But after seeing all of the crap gtg has to put up with in the Infused thread, I don't blame LB at all, as I kind of feel the same way.

Agreed. People need to read instead of just flash away

Mattsrow

Apr 8, 2010
Visalia
Great work man, I just have a couple questions. Do you know if HDMI out is working? And what exactly do you mean "stuck on 3G speeds"? Thanks in advance.

LinuxBozo

May 29, 2011
Salem, VA
No, HDMI does not work currently. Same issue that affects Infused right now. Lack of userspace support. As far as the 3G speeds is concerned, in backhaul areas, it appears that the download is capped at 7M, instead of the normal 10-15M that some people experience. I may have a cure for this, but haven't had time to look into it as of yet as I'm in a 3G only area so can't test it.

bryanb86

Jun 19, 2011
I was wondering why people kept saying they were gonna flash it lol. Had to take a second look to see if it was even done. This is my favorite thread there would be no way i missed the release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA App

etijburg

Dec 7, 2006
Little Elm
No, HDMI does not work currently. Same issue that affects Infused right now. Lack of userspace support. As far as the 3G speeds is concerned, in backhaul areas, it appears that the download is capped at 7M, instead of the normal 10-15M that some people experience. I may have a cure for this, but haven't had time to look into it as of yet as I'm in a 3G only area so can't test it.

I am seeing the rogers modem issue. willing to test for as i used to average 5 to 7 mb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA App

RJ45

Oct 24, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm gonna have to give this a whirl on the weekend aka build it and play around with it because CM7 is just awesome!

Thank you everyone for your hard work!

XCellPhoneSalesRep

Oct 31, 2010
The Joisey Shore, Nu Joisey
goo.gl
Anyone who has built this, please feel free to share. You wont get in trouble, you wont get arrested, and you wont get beat up, I gotcha back, PLUS it's OPEN SOURCE.

Unless you arent confident in your building skills, then feel free to keep, but practice!

I have donated more then enough to the Infuse community so sorry i wish not to pay for a CM7 build...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some folks seem interested in how much progress is being made on a CM7 port for the Infuse, so here's a bit more information for everyone. I have included instructions on how to build your own version, but you will want to pay attention to the following list of what works and what doesn't.

Currently working:
    • Full EXT4 implementation using BML/STL not MTD. This means you can flash other ROMs without having to "unbrick". NOTE: This will be changing soon. We will switch to the standard way that CM7 on Samsung phones works, which is using MTD. This is so we can merge this into the SGS team and begin building nightlies.
    • CWM flashing (no rainbows in CWM)
    • GPS
    • Wifi
    • Accelerometer/Proximity and other sensors
    • Phone
    • SMS messaging
    • Camera, FFC, and flash
    • Haptic feedback and vibration
    • NO Rainbows using Froyo bootloaders.
    • Brightness control, including auto-brightness.
    • Wifi tethering
    • Hardware accelerated video playback and recording
    • Fixed issue with 4G speeds. Solved with some apns-conf.xml tweaks.
    • Incoming call ringtones.
    • Advanced camera settings, including face detection SEE:http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,7267
    • working backup/restore from CWM
    • OC/UV kernel with Interactive and Smartass governors and other tweaks.
    • USB storage fixed, including USB debug notification and USB tethering support (Thanks go to gtg465x)
    • Voodoo Sound now fixed after call. (thanks go to ajerman)
    • Bluetooth now back to semi-working state without breaking GPS. Will pair, A2DP audio skips, no sound/mic on phone calls via headsets.
    • NEW Fixed smartass governor so it scales properly, and has proper export defined in the kernel scheduler.

Currently broken:

Removed:
    • BLN (causing way too many instability and random reboot issues)

I have pretty much done this as a one man band, with some assistance from the GalaxyS guys, in particular codeworkx, Unhelpful and Kaik541.
    Want to help out? DONATE. This allows me to take the GF out to dinner so she isn't as pissy when I'm working on this stuff. ;-)

If you'd like to build your own copy, follow this guide:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S:_Compile_CyanogenMod_(Linux)
    Pay attention, because this matters.
    • In the "Install the Repository" section, use this line to download the repo script:
      Code:
      curl https://raw.github.com/TeamRefuse/android/gingerbread/repo > ~/bin/repo
    • In the "Install the Repository" section, use this line for the repo init:
      Code:
      repo init -u git://github.com/TeamRefuse/android.git -b gingerbread
    • Skip the "Copy proprietary files" section. All proprietary files you need are included.
    • In the "Configure Build & Compile" step, replace "galaxysmtd" with "infuse4g"
    When you are done building, you should have your very own version of CM7 with all the bugs that I mention above.

Still have issues? Completely new to linux and the like? Check out this guide courtesy of Skwerl23

Flashing from RED CWM
    When flashing from RED CWM, there are a few extra steps needed to get this working:
    1. Flash CM7 zip
    2. Reboot. You will get stuck at Samsung screen. This is normal.
    3. Pull battery, and reboot into recovery (Hold: VOL+ VOL- Power)
    4. You should now be in ORANGE CWM.
    5. Go to "mounts and storage"
    6. select format /system
    7. Reflash CM7 zip (NOTE: don't forget gapps as well)
    8. Reboot into CM7 goodness
    2011-09-29
    • Fixed up smartass governor so it actually works instead of falling back to interactive, and scales properly.

2011-09-26

2011-09-22
    Ok, for those that want it, here it is:

update-cm-7.1.0-Infuse4G-KANG-090211.zip - Link removed to prevent issues... PM me if you've downloaded and need help, so as to not clutter this thread.

If anyone has a problem with me posting this, let me know and I'll remove it. It works 100% though. Built yesterday. :)

EDIT: For first time CM flashers coming from Samsung ROM's, MAKE SURE TO DELETE YOUR CACHE (normal and dalvik) AND DO A FACTORY RESET/DATA WIPE! Flashing from Green/Red CWM you may have to do a quick battery pull like the OP said in his installation instructions...
    Easy. Dont run quadrant. Its useless anyway.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App
    Fixed Voodoo Sound issue after calls. You can download the updated kernel here: http://www.multiupload.com/IEDSKJ82H4

I'll push the changes to github in the morning, but I gotta go home now!

EDIT: I've had a few weird reboots since I flashed this kernel, but I can't imagine any of the code changed is causing it since its such a small change and related only to the audio states. It may just be my phone, or the OC/UV I just set today, so let me know if anyone flashes it and has any issues.

EDIT2: The weird issues were caused by smartass. Changed back to conservative and everything's good again.