[Q] (noob) A100 - Help - Bricked ???

Search This thread

pLaTiNiO

Apr 14, 2012
Hi everybody

I'm a noob and I am French (no luck ^^'). I apologize for my bad English (thank you google Traduct...)

I may have bricked my acer iconia a100 ; I wanted to flash it to ICS but I did something wrong.

The result is that I only have access to the green acer logo and I am unable to do a hard reboot (reset button AND usual technique doesn't work)...

The fastboot works (USB dowload protocol) but does not allow me to access the flash memory (windows does not detect it).

I think I have tried everything...

Is there a solution? Will I be forced to call the Acer's customer service?

Thanks

Reactions: Evil-Maiden666

pLaTiNiO

Apr 14, 2012
I was too fast : I rooted with fastboot ICS (runit-win) by following the instructions BUT my version was still at 3.2

pLaTiNiO

Apr 14, 2012
Clearly, the tablet stuck in the middle of the installation process (or I have not been patient enough) and so I had to restart.
Since then, I have no access at all to any function of the tablet, I can not make a hard reboot, restore, or even install a rom ...

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
Clearly, the tablet stuck in the middle of the installation process (or I have not been patient enough) and so I had to restart.
Since then, I have no access at all to any function of the tablet, I can not make a hard reboot, restore, or even install a rom ...
Are you able to boot into the stock recovery? Try placing the update.zip on the sd card, then booting into it.

pLaTiNiO

Apr 14, 2012
I tried, of course.

//BOOT with SD card
-here is what appears :
Code:
Erasing Cache before SD update...
SD update cmd: recovery
--update_package=SDCARD:update.zip
 Booting kernel recovery image
-> no matter if an sd card is insered or not, no matter what rom I try...

Same problem for the hard reboot :

//HARD REBOOT
-This text scrolls very quickly and I can neither confirm nor make selection anything :
Code:
erasing userdata
erasing cache
+reboot (acer logo only (freeze?))

Only fastboot seems to react a minimum :

//FASTBOOT
Code:
Bootloader v0.03.06-ICS: Starting Fastboot USB dowload protocol
+ fastboot's windows drivers installation on link (beep usb) but not detected

From there, I think it is no longer possible to attempt anything else ...

pLaTiNiO

Apr 14, 2012
Yes.
"update.zip" of the original (and official) firmware. Just in case, I've added an "recovery.img" file (plus lot of several different files. You never know.. :D).
All this files are in the external SD card.

If I remember correctly, another update (ICS) was still in the flash memory (with many other unnecessary files..). I no longer have access and I'm not even sure they are still existing ^^'

I have not found any similar topic on the forums, I hope that a solution exists... :(

pLaTiNiO

Apr 14, 2012
Bootloader unlock, yes... I guess...
It works fine at first but since the crash, I'm note sure anymore.

I think my error was just wanting to install "ICS-rooting" (runit-win) before flashing the ICS rom...

If I could just acces to the internal flash memory, it would be great ^^'

pLaTiNiO

Apr 14, 2012
//BOOT with SD card
-here is what appears :
Code:
 Booting kernel recovery image
-> no matter if an sd card is insered or not, no matter what rom I try...

The text appears quickly and then freeze, It's impossible to select an action or anything :(

hello my friends feel the same try reinstalling ics cwm and root on and tablet caught I can not do and when I try to install update.zip from fastboot flash tells me: sending flash (6144kb)
OKAY 1.891s
writing 'flash' ...
FAILED (remote: (00030003))
total time finished 2.063s
then at the table says in red: failed to process command flash: error (0x30003)

please help it is weekend and I have no leisure.

pLaTiNiO

Apr 14, 2012
J'ai testé une autre micro SD, j'ai même reformaté en FAT32 pour être vraiment sur, j'ai essayé plusieurs firmware en les renommant à chaque fois "update.zip" : Rien n'y fait, ça ne fonctionne dans aucune situation.

J'en suis aujourd'hui à EUUs qui, lui, semble détecter mon A100 (via des drivers "picasso", je ne sais pas si c'est normal). Malheureusement, je n'arrive pas à trouver le numéro d'IUD alors que j'ai correctement suivi les tutoriaux (CPUID.txt ; 0x0411fc09010cXXXXX ; etc etc).

Si quelqu'un a une technique pour trouver son cpuid SANS utiliser l'interface de la tablette, je suis preneur... :)

----------------

I tested another micro SD, I even reformatted to FAT32 to be really sure, I tried lot of firmwares, renaming every time the files : "update.zip" ; Nothing works, it does not work in any situation.

I am now on EUUs. It seems to detect my A100 (via drivers "picasso", I do not know if this is normal). Unfortunately, I can't find the correct IUD number ; I correctly followed the tutorials (CPUID.txt; 0x0411fc09010cXXXXX, etc. etc.) but everything is impossible due to the failure of my tablet...

If someone has a technique to find his cpuid WITHOUT using the interface of the tablet, I'm interested ... :)

leclasheur22

Feb 5, 2012
J'ai testé une autre micro SD, j'ai même reformaté en FAT32 pour être vraiment sur, j'ai essayé plusieurs firmware en les renommant à chaque fois "update.zip" : Rien n'y fait, ça ne fonctionne dans aucune situation.

J'en suis aujourd'hui à EUUs qui, lui, semble détecter mon A100 (via des drivers "picasso", je ne sais pas si c'est normal). Malheureusement, je n'arrive pas à trouver le numéro d'IUD alors que j'ai correctement suivi les tutoriaux (CPUID.txt ; 0x0411fc09010cXXXXX ; etc etc).

Si quelqu'un a une technique pour trouver son cpuid SANS utiliser l'interface de la tablette, je suis preneur... :)

----------------

I tested another micro SD, I even reformatted to FAT32 to be really sure, I tried lot of firmwares, renaming every time the files : "update.zip" ; Nothing works, it does not work in any situation.

I am now on EUUs. It seems to detect my A100 (via drivers "picasso", I do not know if this is normal). Unfortunately, I can't find the correct IUD number ; I correctly followed the tutorials (CPUID.txt; 0x0411fc09010cXXXXX, etc. etc.) but everything is impossible due to the failure of my tablet...

If someone has a technique to find his cpuid WITHOUT using the interface of the tablet, I'm interested ... :)

ta tablette est elle reconnu en mode adb interface ?
Si c'est le cas, regarde dans les gestionnaire de périphériques, sur adb interface , dans le menu détail, l'onglet ''parent'' tu dois avoir un ligne du genre :

USB\VID_0502&PID_3325\37c74d043bfd155

ton uid est : 37c74d043bfd155 donc ton cpuid : 0x037c74d043bfd155

une fois redémarré en mode apx rentre uniquement ton uid cette fois-ci.

si tu as deja ton cpuid , eneleve juste le 0x pour avoir ton uid :)

-------------------------------------------------------

your tablet it is recognized in adb mode interface ?

If this is the case, look in device manager, on adb interface, in great detail, '' parent'' tab you have a line for example : USB\VID_0502&PID_3325\37c74d043bfd155

your uid is : 37c74d043bfd155
so your cpuid : 0x037c74d043bfd155

If you have your cpuid , remove 0x for have your uid :)

pLaTiNiO

Apr 14, 2012
Je peux me connecter en USB via 2 types de drivers :

- ACER Fastboot interface (bootloader ICS) mais qui dans mon cas semble défaillant.

- Acer Picasso USB Boot-recovery driver (EUUs mode) qui lui crée vraiment une liaison entre le PC et la tablette.

Malheureusement, aucune trace de ADB (avec le logiciel USBDeview ou avec le gestionnaire de périphériques Windows)...

J'ai essayé à peut près toutes les combinaisons d'UID possibles par rapport aux ID ayant un rapport avec Acer sur ma machine... :(

------------------------------

I'm able to connect the tablet via USB with two methods :

- ACER fastboot interface (ICS bootloader) but, in my case, appears to fail.

- Picasso Acer USB Boot-recovery driver (EUUs mode) which seems to creates succefully a connection between the PC and the tablet.

Unfortunately, no trace of ADB (with software USBDeview or peripherals manager of Windows) ...

I tried all possibles combinations of UID compared to IDs relevant to "Acer" on my machine ... :(

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
it sounds like you tried to unlock the bootloader while on honeycomb bootloaders. is that what you initially did? sounds like it flashed the bootloaders but im pretty sure u need to be on ics bootloaders first.

also download acer a100 drivers. make sure your pc drivers are correct. if u get fastboot workjng your golden

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Chrisis25

Apr 9, 2012
hi, (sorry for my bad english, i am speak spanish)
can you entry in fastboot? (unlock)

in fastboot mode (unlock)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601663

-copy the file in sdk/platform-tools
-conect the device
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- reboot with lock rotation ON (down) and Power ON + Vol up (recovery mode)
- wipes and flash a rom

if you cant entry in fastboot mode (unlock)

you only can put a rom (update.zip) in external sdcard and pray xD

i recomended leak 1.0.12 or flexreaper rom mod (civato)
if you cant with this roms you can prove with this: http://code.google.com/p/acer-a100/downloads/list

in the webpage you can see 2 or 3 roms (HC 3.2)
and system/recovery/flexrom/boot

you can use only update.zip file, change the name ^^

(sorry for my BAD english ejejej)

good lucky

you can wait to oficial ICS and use the warranty... you say: after upgrading my tablet not start :B (?)

Last edited:

mapaz04

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Backups...

If you can get to Fastboot and "PUSH" files to your A100 then try to use a backup img...

I have uploaded full BACKUP images for the A100 :D in case something like this occurs... Check this thread out for the img backups:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1600009

Hope they help, I would imagine if you can push the STOCK partition back into mmcblk0p1 your Acer would then go back to normal, if at worst, it will be able to recognize the UPDATE.ZIP...

Cross your fingers man... jejeje

One other thing... MAKE SURE, MAKE DAMN SURE you have the updated drivers from ACER... you will not find them through the A100 as ICS has yet to be released so you will HAVE to select the A200 and the file you download will be called: USB_ACER_1.0_A32HA40I_A.ZIP I would upload for you but cant do it from work... However, you can find them here: http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Then numbers generate but you cant use them yet

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Its not communicating like it should :mad: . Got drivers from the A500 to listen (I think) but I cant get commands out yet :eek: ... I had asked for that as a test...

I still need the partitions table if anyone knows a way to get it...

There is a tool for the A500 that compiles some of this... mainly the images into one flashable nv-file... I can make one and have someone test it with the CURRENT information I have for the partitions but... APX is a nasty thing and if I have the wrong partition configuration, it WILL rearrange your partitions... And that is my concern at this time...

Also, I havent tested for sure since there is a high chance of bricking my device if it does not work... :eek:

the flash.cfg vache posted as well as the flash.cfg in the euu have all the partitions.

i think the a200 bootloader bl messed up the cpuid. im using a bone stock a100 now for testing. i probably wont be back on this thread until i have big news. cheers

My case is similar.

Download Fastboot & Recovery (http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=957552&d=1332309772)

Starting in the tablet mode FastBoot:
    Bootloader v0.03.06-ICS: Starting Fastboot USB dowload protocol

When connecting the USB cable, the PC detects the device fastboot.
    Edit the file install-eng.bat, leaving only the line: fastboot oem unlock
    Run in administrator mode and ... bootloader unlocked :eek:

This is a translation of google. My English is very bad :confused:

That will only work if you replaced your boot loader with the a200 boot loader. For those who are stuck in fast boot or apx with locked a100 boot loader this does nothing. We either need to find a way to push the a200 boot loader wity a locked fast boot or get nvflash working somehow.

I also have an Acer A100 stuck in apx mode. I have the EUU downloaded but cannot find the working CPUID. I checked all the registry locations on my laptop that I've read could potentially contain this ID but none pass the EUU verifiication. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I've also pulled the temporary directory that is generated when running the EUU and found all the .bin and .img files I need but nvflash won't work from the command line without the key generated from the CPUID.

Did anyone ever have any success with this method without knowing the CPUID of the tablet?

Thanks in advance

No, we don't have the method to get the sbk from the cpuid for the a100, nvflash isn't possible.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Hum... Thank you, mapaz04 : You have managed to give me hope ... But there's still a problem ... :(

( //Meanwhile, I managed to unlock the bootloader. )

I followed your instructions to the letter :

1- Erase recovery: good
    2- Flash recovery mmcblk0p1.img: good
    3- Reboot: good
    4- SD bootloader update (update.zip): FAILED

Code:
    Bootloader Version 0.03.06-ICS (Unlock Mode)

Booting recovery kernel image
    ...Freeze ^^'

EDIT : The result are the same... WITH or WITHOUT SD card in the tablet :S

Essai maintenant de flasher le recovery CWM du coup .
    Ce devrait fonctionner !!

----------------

flash recovery CWN now, you have unlock mode bootloader
    Alright... Got you...

I think... (In theory anyway) this should work... Otherwise, we are back to square 1 :eek:

Download CWM Recovery 5.5.0.4 for A100: http://www.mediafire.com/?sgkiz31lg2jd19v

Flash it thesame way you flashed the stock recovery... Dont let the tablet boot up, make sure you press the VOL- key as soon as you send the REBOOT... If it lets you in, then do the UPDATE.ZIP from there... Let me know your results...

If the update.zip does not install from there but you are able to get to recovery then we can use recovery to do other things to your tablet... jejeje :D

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Essai maintenant de flasher le recovery CWM du coup .
    Ce devrait fonctionner !!

----------------

flash recovery CWN now, you have unlock mode bootloader

jejeje... you beat me to it man... jejeje :D