[HBOOT] HBOOT-8064 Groups Engneering HBOOT

Search This thread

londere

Nov 27, 2006
works great in my droid dna waiting lrs rom update or trying other roms thx folk!!!

SAMPCam

I was doing some research, and I came across this ENG Hboot for the Rezound: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1612075

Something caught my attention, and I quote "Warning: If you try to S-ON the device with this HBOOT on it, it will BRICK. Restore the original hboot first via RUU."

Granted this is for the Rezound, but the same may apply for the DNA. I think there should be a note put in the first post to revert to the original HBoot (I've already done this and it's safe) if you want to turn S-ON back on via fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 ...

Reactions: Sneakyghost

Argumentation

Feb 21, 2012
Washinton, DC
I was doing some research, and I came across this ENG Hboot for the Rezound: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1612075

Something caught my attention, and I quote "Warning: If you try to S-ON the device with this HBOOT on it, it will BRICK. Restore the original hboot first via RUU."

Granted this is for the Rezound, but the same may apply for the DNA. I think there should be a note put in the first post to revert to the original HBoot (I've already done this and it's safe) if you want to turn S-ON back on via fastboot oem writesecureflag 3 ...

Yes, this still applies, if you try to write the secure flag to go back to S-ON while still on the ENG HBOOT, you WILL hard brick your device.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: Sneakyghost

orangechoochoo

Nov 30, 2012
Beating up dumbbells

Do you know where we can find the original boot?

The engineering hboot is fine but I prefer to go back to the original so there are fewer ways for me to Bork my phone.

Edit: nevermind, found it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2157917

Last edited:
Reactions: trickster2369

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Just so everyone knows if you were to ever S-ON with an ENG hboot it will hard-brick the device... I would highly advice to flash a non ENG hboot...

*hint* dont ask they guys in the IRC cause they will be like "Nope we cant help you" if you brick with an ENG hboot

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
the green bar is gonna hang at like 3/4 the full bar just let it sit for a few and then

fastboot oem boot

Or fastboot reboot

RATTLED FROM MY GLOBALIZED DROID DNA WITH TAPATALK 2

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I just upgraded to this, then customized it using regaw mod. And then upgraded my radio. Now im gonna make a splash. Its nice to have s-off, and ill b donating to those guys that gave it to us.

RATTLED FROM MY GLOBALIZED DROID DNA WITH TAPATALK 2

Gungrave223

Jun 12, 2011
Loganville
I ended up flashing it a bit differently, I made a PL83IMG.zip and did

Code:
 fastboot oem rebootRUU

then

Code:
 fastboot flash zip PL83IMG.zip

and it worked beautifully :good::laugh:

please help i entered fastboot oem rebootRUU and now my phone is stuck on htc boot screen

**EDIT**

ok i found a way to fix it, just had to type fastboot oem boot and it rebooted my phone needless to say im not messing with this again

Last edited:

darkace

Jun 16, 2009
Houston
I ended up flashing it a bit differently, I made a PL83IMG.zip and did

Code:
 fastboot oem rebootRUU

then

Code:
 fastboot flash zip PL83IMG.zip

and it worked beautifully :good::laugh:

If I'm using this method, I put the .zip file in the same folder as fastboot on my computer right? Or does the .zip need to be on the phone/SD card?

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
If I'm using this method, I put the .zip file in the same folder as fastboot on my computer right? Or does the .zip need to be on the phone/SD card?

Yes, on your computer. But it doesn't have to necessarily be in the same folder as fastboot. It can be anywhere.

darkace

Jun 16, 2009
Houston
Yes, on your computer. But it doesn't have to necessarily be in the same folder as fastboot. It can be anywhere.

When I'm trying to run the "fastboot oem rebootRUU" command, it keeps saying "waiting for device" in the command prompt. I ran adb devices to make sure the computer is recognizing my phone and it is. Any suggestions?

CharliesTheMan

When I'm trying to run the "fastboot oem rebootRUU" command, it keeps saying "waiting for device" in the command prompt. I ran adb devices to make sure the computer is recognizing my phone and it is. Any suggestions?

You would run fastboot devices to check and see that fastboot mode is working. Are you sure you're in fastboot not regular bootloader? See what fastboot devices gets you, you need to have the bootloader in fastboot USB mode for it where adb devices works with the rom booted or in bootloader I believe.

Sent from my DNA... S-Off like a baws

Top Liked Posts