[Q] about rooting

Search This thread

xdomisx

Oct 24, 2011
So i am enjoying my galaxy nexus for over a year now. Had a prety bad experiance with previous phone (sony ericsson xperia x8). Last phone was crap, so i rooted it and and changed rom. I thought i will never want to root my galaxy nexus, but probably the sole reason for me to do it is so i could connect my ps3 controler through bluetooth. I did some research about it with some success but i'm still a bit confused, so i want to ask a few questions about rooting before doing it.
On xperia x8 the rooting came before unlocking bootloader, on galaxy nexus as i see it is the other way around ? Back in the days when i had x8 there was a lot of warnings everywhere that i can brick my phone, but as i read about galaxy nexus rooting i dont find much warnings, is it any safer ? There is a toolkit i found called Nexus Root Toolkit by WugFresh that would do about every thing that i need to root it, but is it safe to use ? There is another guy who asked about how to root galaxy nexus and another guy said that he shouldnt trust the toolkit and that flashing custom recovery is safer. Also, does rooting somehow depend on my phones date of assembly or any nuber behind the batery just like it did on xperia x8 if i remember corectly?

Sorry for bad english.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

memaro_maro

Nov 26, 2013
that toolkit is good to go... no problems when using it.

custom recovery included in that toolkit. twrp preferred..

galaxy nexus i9250 > 4.4.2 slimkat

Last edited:

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Please use fastboot. It is really easy and failure proof.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Godra

Jan 11, 2011
Mostar
I also had Xperia X8 before Galaxy Nexus and I know what are you worried about. First of all, every Galaxy Nexus can be unlocked and rooted easily (it doesn't depends on manefacturing date as on X8). All you need to do is Unlock bootloader via fastboot and install custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) and flash SuperSU zip through recovery. As it's Nexus device, it's really easy. There are many tutorials around, so it shouldn't be a problem

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xdomisx

Oct 24, 2011
One more question. Will i loose everything from my phone memory after unlocking bootloader and rooting?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2