Root method for build KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5?

Search This thread

Aetherworks

Jun 6, 2014
I have a SCH-i545 model GS4 running build number KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5, and I'm looking to try to root my phone, but I can't seem to locate a rood method that says it works for that build. Is it just too new of a build? To rare? Am I just being a moron and looking in the wrong place? I'd really appreciate some help, as there are a few things bugging me about the phone since I updated to KitKat that I know rooting would help.

Aetherworks

Jun 6, 2014
Thanks! Is there a method being worked on? If so, I can be patient. If not, I'll go ahead and look into the downgrade/upgrade methods.

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Thanks! Is there a method being worked on? If so, I can be patient. If not, I'll go ahead and look into the downgrade/upgrade methods.

theres no native method being worked on that hasnt been explored at this time. the trouble is we dont want to break knox or trigger it by rooting that would break our warranty. otherwise there are a few options from the international version that would work for us too its just ummm whats the point when you can downgrade then upgrade and avoid triggering knox and come out with root and safestrap which is what everyone wants/needs to flash a custom rom. you can check out my thread in my signature for the easiest way known to man.

Reactions: Aetherworks

Aetherworks

Jun 6, 2014
theres no native method being worked on that hasnt been explored at this time. the trouble is we dont want to break knox or trigger it by rooting that would break our warranty. otherwise there are a few options from the international version that would work for us too its just ummm whats the point when you can downgrade then upgrade and avoid triggering knox and come out with root and safestrap which is what everyone wants/needs to flash a custom rom. you can check out my thread in my signature for the easiest way known to man.

Thank you! That makes sense, I suppose. Ok, I'll try that then. :)

sambrooke

Sep 25, 2012
Where can I find that native root method that would trigger knox. I don't care about the warranty, and didn't even know there was an option.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

wiseendeavors

Jun 25, 2014
Here's clearer instructions for his method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769480

tell me how it goes

i used this method and it worked great.... my question (which may be stupid) is?? the swap call function on the keypad dial was switched to record call which I don't need. Is their any way to fix this so I retain add/swap call function? I don't need record call at all or the black keys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is no direct root method for kitkat....but there are a couple downgrade/upgrade methods available.

sent by bajarom v2.2 kitkat

Thank you! That makes sense, I suppose. Ok, I'll try that then. :)
    Here's clearer instructions for his method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769480

tell me how it goes