[Q] OTA Brick, I527, 6.3

Search This thread

riveraseo

Jul 4, 2014
I hope this is in the right spot.

I Have searched, Ive tried every Unbrick guide i have found and everything inbetween.

I have a samsung i527, Att 6.3 Mega. Never rooted, romed, nothing. Running on Jellybean. 3 days ago got a msg from att update for KitKat. Downloaded over wifi, installed took about an hour total. Phone just hung on Samsung Logo. Finally turned off all the way, tried to turn it back on got stuck in bootloop.

Tried going to recovery to wipe cache, and no recovery installed, tried to boot again after i saw no recovery got, "Failed secure: Kernel". Msg on screen stating "Unauthorized att software, please turn off your phone and return to an att store.

Tried to restore firmware with Kies and Kies 3, It wont connect, and when it does it says the software can not be restored, Im amusing because its kitkat now and not jellybean and kies does have 4.4.2 yet.

So no no avail, Tried odin last resort,
Tired
Pit files:
I527M Pit-Knox Enabled Rom.pit
i527m.pit
Samsung_I527_PIT.PIT

Firmware files:
I527UCUAMK2_I527ATTAMK2_I527UCUAMK2_HOME.tar

Recovery:
openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-melius
openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-melius.tar

When i flash the pit files they will only flash in Odin 3.07
That is the only thing that will flash PEROID
When i try the firmware it fails at Aboot, and on the screen i get
"Secure chk failed: Fused 4, binary 3"
When flashing recovery i get failed "Auth failed"
and on the screen i get "secure check failed :recovery"
The pit files will not flash in Odin 1.85, 3.04, 3.05, or 3.06.

I took it to the att store and they looked like deer and headlights.

If anyone has any insight that would be wonderful. Im starting to believe that when it updated it installed the new KNOX bootloader which is now not allowing me to restore 4.3, and once i got a "Check Security Bit".

Thanks
Sorry again if this is in the wrong fourm, Ive been browsing about 6 different sites and have not seen any one have this problem that hasnt been able to recover with kies or odin.

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
I would say you are in the right place. I would say something went wrong.

This is all ATT. You did as you were told. Sounds to me like ATT owes you a new phone. If you have a Best Buy anywhere near, you would pry be better off going there. Some of them have the Samsung experience section. They have been know to be able to flash stock firmwares.

There are a couple other threads on the subject. You are not the first to have this issue.

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app

riveraseo

Jul 4, 2014
So update,
Went to bestbuy Samsung center.
They pluged my mega up and started restoring, after 8 attempts of trying to restore in Home mode and Factory mode, still would not reload recovery, only download mode, Or bootloop.

So until a dev or someone else can get there hands on the kitkat firmware for the Mega i am stuck with a brick.

But on another note, Samsung retail locations have a program called "Smart" It has every firmware for every phone, make, model, carrier. Plug in select Home, or Factory mode, throw phone in download mode, and click start. I tried for about 40 mins to have him allow me to pull the program and throw it on a sd card, no hope lol.

If anyone has any other idea im up for anything.

Thanks

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Your phone is less than a year old.....and it is ATT upgrade that went wrong.

Warranty replacement

riveraseo

Jul 4, 2014
Your phone is less than a year old.....and it is ATT upgrade that went wrong.

Warranty replacement

Tried that, and tried it through samsung. No go they both think they are not responsible for replacing the phone because it was the others fault. So this is wonderful lol

pnonu23

Mar 2, 2011
The problem is the install was aborted, which is something that cant be fixed at all. The only fix is getting a new phone

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Tried that, and tried it through samsung. No go they both think they are not responsible for replacing the phone because it was the others fault. So this is wonderful lol

More ATT fault. I got warranty replacement, cause I show no fear to them. Their phone, their fault. I made no bones about it, you replace this phone or I will simply go somewhere else. I buy lot of phones....yada yada yada.......yes sir

Feb 23, 2008
Post Postmortem

I know this is an old and therefore "dead" thread but it shows up a lot under searches and for the sake of anyone that stumbles upon this and is still looking for the proper fix; the i527 is ATT branded therefore needs the proper rom which is: I527UCUBNE7 not any of the other ones you see out there. For any ATT user whit a bricked mega wondering why you can't do a proper install though odin I hope this hepls you.