[ROM] MetroDroid v4.0, MetroPCS MMS Scripts, ICS Script is UP! (5/8/12)

Search This thread

mrctony

Nov 30, 2011
California
Hey guys good news! I talked to some people "metropcs authorized dealer related" here in my town,and they said those rumors about metroflash ending is just "rumors",they are going to keep flashing our phones,so no need to worry.They even have updated houdini software a couple days ago,if the rumors where true why update the software they use to flash. Sorry for my english is not my native lenguage trying to do my best...lol. (let's keep doing our thing).
"Edited to do some corrections"

Last edited:

.Nox

Nov 13, 2011
Atlanta
The Metrodroid v4 link in the OP is dead, I tried to download it earlier tonight. I also tried all the different MMS scripts on sense 3.5 and MIUI V4, all to no avail.

I'm using the most recent PRL and getting 1100k+/sec here in Atlanta! Thanks BloodyK and JD, you guys rock!!

Edit: link works great :)

Last edited:

Jstlouis1993

Feb 8, 2012
Miami, Florida
ICS MMS Script?

Is there any ICS (Android 4.0) MMS script for Metro? Would like to try out some of decks ics roms or DarkLight V3:p

I had a work around to only receive MMS on a ICS rom but seems not to be working for me anymore.

And Thanks Bloodykiller86 for all the work you done!!:)

Bloodykiller86

Apr 18, 2010
The Metrodroid v4 link in the OP is dead, I tried to download it earlier tonight. I also tried all the different MMS scripts on sense 3.5 and MIUI V4, all to no avail.

I'm using the most recent PRL and getting 1100k+/sec here in Atlanta! Thanks BloodyK and JD, you guys rock!!

link isnt dead for metrodroid man i just checked it. you have to download it from your computer not your phone

Bloodykiller86

Apr 18, 2010
Is there any ICS (Android 4.0) MMS script for Metro? Would like to try out some of decks ics roms or DarkLight V3:p

I had a work around to only receive MMS on a ICS rom but seems not to be working for me anymore.

And Thanks Bloodykiller86 for all the work you done!!:)

i could make one but ugh for what? those roms are hardly what i would call stable and the camera not working to well doesnt really make me want to use it to much lol i played with it for like 20 minutes and said yea this aint for me. Why im switching to a Galaxy Nexus. Its time for the evo to be crushed into oblivion lol Damn i hate old tech lol

.Nox

Nov 13, 2011
Atlanta
link isnt dead for metrodroid man i just checked it. you have to download it from your computer not your phone

That's strange, I had tried from my computer actually. I'll give it another try and report back in a few mins.

Edit: It worked like a charm this time. I swear im not crazy lol, it didn't show the green ZIP image or the download link last night on minus.com. Thanks again bro!

Last edited:

Bloodykiller86

Apr 18, 2010
That's strange, I had tried from my computer actually. I'll give it another try and report back in a few mins.

Edit: It worked like a charm this time. I swear im not crazy lol, it didn't show the green ZIP image or the download link last night on minus.com. Thanks again bro!

nope youre crazy lol mustve been dreaming bro lol xD

.Nox

Nov 13, 2011
Atlanta
i could make one but ugh for what? those roms are hardly what i would call stable and the camera not working to well doesnt really make me want to use it to much lol i played with it for like 20 minutes and said yea this aint for me. Why im switching to a Galaxy Nexus. Its time for the evo to be crushed into oblivion lol Damn i hate old tech lol

I'm running swipers Miui ics and only thing not working is FFC and HWA (and camcorder I think, I don't use it). Camera works great and its as stable as a "brick **** house" as they say lol. I run apex launcher cause I hate the iOS look. ICS roms have been my daily for months and months. Beats the **** out of sense and gingerbread IMO.

Thanks for all you've done for us Evo Metro users! Looks like someone will need to pick up where you'll leave off. Damn I need to learn to code android!

Last edited:

Bloodykiller86

Apr 18, 2010
I'm running swipers Miui ics and only thing not working is FFC and HWA (and camcorder I think, I don't use it). Camera works great and its as stable as a "brick **** house" as they say lol. I run apex launcher cause I hate the iOS look. ICS roms have been my daily for months and months. Beats the **** out of sense and gingerbread IMO.

Thanks for all you've done for us Evo Metro users! Looks like someone will need to pick up where you'll leave off. Damn I need to learn to code android!

Probably won't happen anytime soon lol most people who flash to metro want money and the evo was my only free option because it was my first project

Sent from my EVO 4G using XDA

mexigga

May 9, 2007
Los Angeles
When you execute a script (meteopcs.sh in this case) does it become hidden or disappear? I am not having issues with mms, but am curious where it went to.

pifive

May 17, 2011
Miami
www.f1elites.com
Hi guys need some help here.

In the quest to find what is taking too much of my internal memory I decided to start from zero with my evo. I copied everything on my SD card and place it on a backup hard drive. Then I formatted the SD card and put it back to the phone. Then I flashed MetroDroid again. I wanted to start from zero but when I booted the phone I found everything back! I mean all apps I had on phone where still there. So how can I completely start from Zero with my phone. I just want to install MetroDroid and then I configure email, other apps etc 1 by 1.

Thanks for help ! Bloody I love MetroDroid ! Thanks again !

atljatl

Jan 6, 2012
atlanta, ga

In the quest to find what is taking too much of my internal memory I decided to start from zero with my evo. I copied everything on my SD card and place it on a backup hard drive. Then I formatted the SD card and put it back to the phone. Then I flashed MetroDroid again. I wanted to start from zero but when I booted the phone I found everything back! I mean all apps I had on phone where still there. So how can I completely start from Zero with my phone. I just want to install MetroDroid and then I configure email, other apps etc 1 by 1.

You wiped/formatted the sd card. Did you also wipe EVERYTHING on your phone (cache/system/boot/dalvic..etc?) Because the only other way those aps come back is after you log into Google, the market will begin auto-restoring all your aps. That is probably what happened.

Bloodykiller86

Apr 18, 2010

its pretty easy.....its the cache of all the apps. like fb may be 3 or w/e mb but the cache size is what eats up your space. i find it retarded that by default android doesnt store data on the sd. well actually i do know why. its because the sdcards are formatted as FAT. Its why phones like the galaxy nexus use that mtp interface cuz its already setup in the system but i dont think it saves stuff on the internal memory not sure. but yea i feel your pain

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If You Can't Figure Out How To Get Data, Message Me And I Will Do It For You. A Tip Would Be Appreciated But Not Required.

These rom's are meant for people who are on MetroPCS. Please don't use them if your sprint or anyone else. These roms have everything working from boot and should keep on working for aslong as you have your phone =D. I've made a couple different flavors of roms. Default HTC Sense, AOSP CyanogenMOD, and MIUI. Try whichever you like =D.

Here is a Completely Detailed How To on how to Provision your phone for data and mms.

MetroPCS Data and MMS Provisioning Guide

Instructions For MetroDroid
    1. Copy Zip to SD
    2. Boot Into Recovery
    3. Flash MetroDroid
    4. Reboot
    5. Enjoy! =D

Rom will Wipe DATA and SYSTEM so if u have anything you need from your current apps be sure to back it up =P

Instructions for MIUI or AOSP Scripts
    1. Copy Zip to SD
    2. Boot Into Recovery
    3. Flash the Script
    4. Reboot
    5. Enjoy! =D

DOWNLOADS

ROMS

MetroDroid v4.0

Scripts

MetroPCS Evo Sense 4.67 Based MMS Script v1

MetroPCS Sense 2.1/3.0 Hybrids MMS & Web Script v5

MetroPCS Evo AOSP Script v8

MetroPCS Evo ICS Script v2

MetroPCS Evo MIUI MMS Script v5

MetroPCS Evo Sense 3.0 v2

MetroPCS Evo TN RLS 5.4

MetroPCS Evo Sense 3.5 v1

Might have to reboot twice for MMS app to show up

Also if your Youtube isnt working on MetroDroid do this

Have wifi on even if your not connected and then don't this and wifi will work

dial ##3282#
    edit mode
    enter 000000 (or w/e your msl or spc is)
    goto advanced
    scroll to rtsp proxy address and http pd proxy address and change them to 0.0.0.0
    hit back twice and now try YouTube. Then while on data be sure to have wifi on even if its not connected to anything and YouTube should work

I would like to thank

Chris1683 - For His Sprint Lovers Rom as a base
    Bcnice20 - For letting me use the MIUI Rom for MetroPCS users and for the Galaxy S Keyboard
    Netarchy - For his awesome kernel
    Deathsled - For his Cricket Rom as reference
    12MaNy - For His Bootanimation
    Tolken419 - For creating the original zip that got everything working on the Eris
    Whiterabbit - For making the files to get the Web working through u2nl
    and i would like to thank anyone else who i missed
    CyanogenMOD Team - For their great roms =D

ok, guys, I just flashed yesterday 10-17-11.. damn.... Had to find the store first, to flash.

so Yes I got MMS to work... after checking in messages/settings/connection settings.. and noticed its not to Metro...

I had to scan over the past 50 pages or so.. writing down little notes... and from past files I had saved before Metro..

* using [ROM] | Swagged Out Stock |, EPST WORKS...

also tried several different roms for mms to work,...

download APN Backup and Restore like mentioned before... sorry so many pages cant remember name..

found a metro apn file... which I found on an eris thread or something. so many threads and pages for the past few months..

1st - flash at a Metro Store
    2nd - do provisioning from link on OP page,
    ** Once steps 1 and 2 are done, u probably won't ever go back and need to that again., just do the following steps 3 - 5.
    3rd - flash rom
    4th - flash Bloody's Script from OP page.
    5th - open APN Backup and Delete APN's then Restore Apn's; attached file.

EVERYTHING Works, except NO MMS thru WIFI...

COME ON, now I know I better see some thanks.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    just adding the settings.. Link from Original Page..

proxy... wap.metropcs.net:3128
    port..3128
    username...yournumber@mymetropcs.com
    password...your msl code (from whiterabbit)
    mmsc...http://mms.metropcs.net/mmsc I use http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
    mms proxy...wap.metropcs.net or proxy.metropcs.net
    mms port...3128
    mcc...310
    mnc..027

-------------------------
    got it to work with sense 3.0 rom.. link..

the settings for gosmspro, manually input them, or I saved the settings, so i just restore settings.
    these settings work for me on any rom.... only for gosmspro...
    mmsc=http://mms.metropcs.net/mmsc
    mms proxy=proxy.metropcs.net
    mms port=3128

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11/18/2011
    for sense 2.1 roms... file is MetroMMS-3.0-signed...been waiting for this file...:p
    recovery, wiped everything 2 times, flash MIK rom,
    boot up then install root explorer and rename or u can delete /system/apps/mms.apk and (mms.odex if available)
    then go into recovery and wiped 2x cache and dalvik, flashed MetroMMS-3.0-signed.zip..
    and dont use no apn or anything... it just works...
    NOTE: not working on sense3.0 and 3.5 roms...

a special thanks to "edgeez25" for sharing the file with me, and giving me permission to post..
    dont forget to thank him all.... click on his name above to link...
    AND TO BLOODYKILLER86, again, for this thread, and write up procedures... for his teachings and sharing.... :D
    hey guys, i figured i help share some of my files,

nope, im not gonna put everything here, I have roadrunner light, ok,
    im unemployed.. so i have slow internet, which means, 1megabyte download and upload of .50

i'll keep it open for a little while to help everyone get some stuff..
    PRLS, APNbackuprestore and my 2 files i use, drivers for evo, BLOODY'S scripts,
    I DONT WANT to slow my internet up.. hahaha its already slow...

send me a pm if u want me to put something up for u guys...

edit: 1/29/2012
    since mikekelso posted the files, i removed my link...
    Hey Bloody any chance you might mod and mms.apk to work for Ics?

Sent from my EVO 3D S using xda premium

yea ill do that.
    Metro is being a real *****! If metro were here right now, I'd smack his hoe mouth and teach him some ackright. Lmao but seriously, if metro keeps up the terrible phone selection and joke for 3g/4g service,people are gonna start swarming over to sprint... ESP since their 4g plan is 70$ now, it wont cost much more to go to sprint and get their REAL 3g/4g.... Seriously I could knock metro a fat one! Its not like were not paying our 50$ a month phone bill...maybe if they werent giving us an unbearably horrible choice of phones, we would buy one from them instead of having to go to competitors to get their phones and have em flashed over.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6