[Q] Received update-to-4.0.4 notification, but my phone was already in 4.0.4

Search This thread

hjarnsynk

Apr 21, 2012
I went from yakjuxw 4.0.2 to stock yakju 4.0.4 a week ago, and tonight I received this new 4.0.4 ota. But when I applied the update, the phone was rebooted and was stuck on a boot image with an Android and a red triangle sign placed on top. That didn't seem quite right.

After a few minutes it rebooted again, as normal, but I'm still on 4.0.4 IMM76D and now the update isn't found when checking for new updates. Anyone else with this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
I went from yakjuxw 4.0.2 to stock yakju 4.0.4 a week ago, and tonight I received this new 4.0.4 ota. But when I applied the update, the phone was rebooted and was stuck on a boot image with an Android and a red triangle sign placed on top. That didn't seem quite right.

After a few minutes it rebooted again, as normal, but I'm still on 4.0.4 IMM76D and now the update isn't found when checking for new updates. Anyone else with this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Did you have the recovery image that came with IMM76D flashed to your device? Different versions of these typically do not allow the update to proceed automatically. Flash the one from the IMM76D factory file and it should work. Otherwise, flash CWM, and install it using that. Instructions in my sig.

Reactions: hjarnsynk

hjarnsynk

Apr 21, 2012
Did you have the recovery image that came with IMM76D flashed to your device? Different versions of these typically do not allow the update to proceed automatically. Flash the one from the IMM76D factory file and it should work. Otherwise, flash CWM, and install it using that. Instructions in my sig.

Oops, yes, I skipped flashing the recovery image. But now I did (so maybe the next ota might work automatically?), and then I applied IMM76I using CWM as per your instructions. Thanks a lot!

Now let's just hope the signal drops are gone...

onthecouchagain

Aug 13, 2010
Is it true that Yakju build GSM Galaxy Nexus phones are supposed to get the updates from Google within one week of rollout?

Scottatron

Dec 17, 2011
Melbourne
Anyone else notice the unlock lag with auto brightness enabled seems to have gotten less obvious?

Also, phone feels snappier overall...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Then I do see a name in the logs! it's

update_package=/cache/46cf01d3e2ea.signed-yakju-IMM76I-from-IMM76D.46cf01d3.zip"

There won't be any valid URLs. There will be the name of a zip file. We build the URL based on previous updates. But like I said, it's probably gone by now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Update: I executed the update and it advanced the build number to IMM76I :)

My phone is an european gsm one and came with yakjuxw 4.0.2. I live in US. I flashed it to stock yakju 4.0.4, following the great tutorial on this board (Thanks!). I actually used the "fastboot -w update image-yakju-imm76d.zip" command that flashes everything. That was about two weeks ago. The process went very smoothly with no errors whatsoever. I attached the screenshot that shows my phone indeed has 4.0.4.

But today I got a system update notification. I was excited thinking it must be the new 4.0.5. But I opened the notification and found it wanted to update to 4.0.4? Did this happen to anyone else? And should I perform the update?
    maybe it is 4.0.4, but maybe it's an update to fix signal issues.
    My phone is an european gsm one and came with yakjuxw 4.0.2. I live in US. I flashed it to stock yakju 4.0.4, following the great tutorial on this board (Thanks!). I actually used the "fastboot -w update image-yakju-imm76d.zip" command that flashes everything. That was about two weeks ago. The process went very smoothly with no errors whatsoever. I attached the screenshot that shows my phone indeed has 4.0.4.

But today I got a system update notification. I was excited thinking it must be the new 4.0.5. But I opened the notification and found it wanted to update to 4.0.4? Did this happen to anyone else? And should I perform the update?
    Maybe it is a fix for data drops. Perform an update and if you can give us a screenshot.
    Good news for all of us Yakjuwtf owners:) I hope there will be OTA soon:)