Zens Wireless Qi Charger

Search This thread

Cyberdan3

Aug 9, 2009
Blaine, MN
Like many of you, I have been looking for a wireless Qi charger while I wait for the orb to become available. I was interested in the LG charger but it continues to be driven up in price along with the Energizer charger.

Someone on these forums mentioned the Zens charger over at wpcentral and that there was a discount when you use "holiday12". The store is for windows phones (specifically the Lumia 920), but since it is Qi, it of course should work the same. I emailed Zens and asked about the Nexus 4. They responded to me in less than 4 minutes confirming it works with it perfectly. With the great customer service and quick response, I bought 2 for the house.

This was their response:

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your email and interest in our products. The ZENS Single Charger works perfectly with the Nexus 4 as they are both Qi compatible, no need for a extra sleeve.

Best regards,

Team ZENS

http://store.wpcentral.com/zens-wireless-single-charger/5A233A12862.htm

They are $48.95 each and you get free shipping over $50. I ordered 2 and with the "holiday12" coupon code, it brought my total to only $83.22.

This charger looks very stylish and does not slant like the Energizer. Our phones are so slick and I don't like having to put something down on the charger just to make it work (or having to rip out a speaker).

ZENS%20Wireless%20Single%20Charger%20.jpg

Last edited:

mZimm

Jan 31, 2008
Good info and not a bad deal, but they seem to be out of stock. Bummer.

lunzi88

Sep 17, 2008
Singapore
Like many of you, I have been looking for a wireless Qi charger while I wait for the orb to become available. I was interested in the LG charger but it continues to be driven up in price along with the Energizer charger.

Someone on these forums mentioned the Zens charger over at wpcentral and that there was a discount when you use "holiday12". The store is for windows phones (specifically the Lumia 920), but since it is Qi, it of course should work the same. I emailed Zens and asked about the Nexus 4. They responded to me in less than 4 minutes confirming it works with it perfectly. With the great customer service and quick response, I bought 2 for the house.

This was their response:

http://store.wpcentral.com/zens-wir...ntent=js_a_v1&utm_source=js_a_v1&utm_term=top

They are $48.95 each and you get free shipping over $50. I ordered 2 and with the "holiday12" coupon code, it brought my total to only $83.22.

This charger looks very stylish and does not slant like the Energizer. Our phones are so slick and I don't like having to put something down on the charger just to make it work (or having to rip out a speaker).

I'm actually still a little hesitant to order these based on information from any CSOs. Those from nokia claim to be based on Qi but there is still quite a number of users complaining about issues with it. Would love to hear an update/review from OP one you get it though.

Cyberdan3

Aug 9, 2009
Blaine, MN

You are looking at the multiple device charger. The single charger is $48.

As far as those who are concerned whether it will work correctly or not, the store has a very good return policy and will give free return shipping within 60 days.

I do see now that it is out of stock, but it looks like it still allows you to add it to the cart. When i bought, it showed an availability date of 12/12/12, as if they were not currently in stock then.

daviiiiiid

Dec 5, 2012
Montreal

As far as those who are concerned whether it will work correctly or not, the store has a very good return policy and will give free return shipping within 60 days.

I do see now that it is out of stock, but it looks like it still allows you to add it to the cart. When i bought, it showed an availability date of 12/12/12, as if they were not currently in stock then.

I have it as 78 as well..

lifeisfun

Nov 7, 2007

Now OOS :(

Cyberdan3

Aug 9, 2009
Blaine, MN
I know it shows out of stock, but it let me go all the way to credit card payment info. I think they might be accepting orders and will ship when they do get them in stock. Might be worth it since all of these chargers are getting snatched up or price jumps. Plus you get the holiday discount code.

se1000

Feb 14, 2011
Thanks for this, I picked up the dual charger. I just couldn't buy the Energizer one it's just toooooooo ugly.

DizzC

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary
I know it shows out of stock, but it let me go all the way to credit card payment info. I think they might be accepting orders and will ship when they do get them in stock. Might be worth it since all of these chargers are getting snatched up or price jumps. Plus you get the holiday discount code.

That is indeed what they do. This is what they say when checking out.

Because your order contains out-of-stock item(s) (see above) and orders are held until they can ship complete, we can't guarantee delivery on a specific date. Please choose a shipping method, and we will ship your order as soon as possible. We do not bill until the day your order ships.

Tempted to order one for myself. Looks pretty sleek, though I wish there were more technical details...

Last edited:

androidtoy09

Jun 2, 2009
I’m going wait for these wireless chargers to price around $10-$15 or even $5. It’s still too early stage for this market.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, after staying in backlog at most sites I now canceled all of them and decided to order one directly through www.zensshop.com. It was shipped the day after I ordered it and I got it in a day. Did a small photoshoot of the unpack:

2yjpimu.jpg

121vfhl.jpg

28wo48.jpg

1fjxa8.jpg

The charger is 100-240V, so should work almost everywhere. I believe they are not associated to Maxell, as Maxell is a relatively big company that has just recently launched it, whereas Zens already has their chargers up and running for 2 years. I believe they were the first in Europe, so probably Maxell was inspired by them. I think the design is great and the positioning is very good. You can just put it on the charger and unlike the Energizer ones; it doesn't really matter where you put it. Also it's not under an angle, so your Nexus 4 won't drop off. I am very happy with mine, so good luck finding yourself one if they haven't sold out yet :)

This was their response:

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your email and interest in our products. The ZENS Single Charger works perfectly with the Nexus 4 as they are both Qi compatible, no need for a extra sleeve.

Best regards,

Team ZENS

http://store.wpcentral.com/zens-wireless-single-charger/5A233A12862.htm

Keep note that the Nokia pads don't work 100%. People have reported in saying it only will charge after a cycle.

The only confirmed ones that I have seen working are:

Energizer, LG, Maxell, Zens, and the Panasonic. I can personally confirm that the LG and Energizer work because I have both. :)
    Does this Zens wireless charger work with the Diztronic TPU Nexus 4 case?

Sent from my Nexus 4 16GB using Tapatalk 2

Yes it does. Currently using the Diztronic on mine and it worked without issues.