anyone using Textra (SMS app) on T-Mobile? is your MMS saving correctly?

Search This thread

tracerit

Jan 7, 2008
Orange County, CA
I'm using Textra in place of Hangouts and it's so much faster and allows you to assign custom color status bar notifications for contacts which is cool because other apps only allow sound.

Anyways, it has a feature where you can auto save MMS received (not taken/sent though). The problem is that the MMS when saved isn't always saved correctly. 50-70% of the time it will save the file but without the .jpg extension so it won't show correctly in image viewing apps until you manually add .jpg to it.

I've alreayd emailed the dev and he responded but I haven't heard of this issue anywhere else :/ Just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem.

tracerit

Jan 7, 2008
Orange County, CA
Hmm I've had this similar problem too (Tmobile also). I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it started to work again,

i swore i did the same (but cleared data) and it worked a bit but then didn't work again.

has it worked 100% for you since then?

i've noticed most of the fiels that aren't saved correctly are 450-499KB file size. Anything bigger or smaller would 100% be saved alright.

tracerit

Jan 7, 2008
Orange County, CA
i installed Cyanogenmod and Textra works fine. My primary ROM is SlimKat so i'll try to do a clean install of SlimKat before I rule it out as a possible ROM related issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hmm I've had this similar problem too (Tmobile also). I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it started to work again,
    Yeah it's been working fine for me ever since, all files are saved correctly.