[Q] Issues (stock)

Search This thread

finotti

Dec 16, 2012
Knoxville
OnePlus 6
Dear all,

I've been waiting a little before rooting and installing a new ROM to make sure I don't need to return my phone for any reason. (So, it is stock now, no root, locked bootloader, KNOX still there, etc.)

So, far I've noticed three small problems, which I don't know if they are universal or just mine:

1. Sometimes when I get a call, the touch screen is irresponsive. If I press the lock/power button twice, it seems to work again. (I now have set up to press home to answer.)
  2. It often feels a bit warm, more than I'd expect. (I have it in a case, though, a Spigen Slim Armor. It fits perfectly though.) But this happens sometimes when it is just sitting, not playing games. It is not really hot, but I can feel it warm in my pocket.
  3. Sometimes I get a pop between songs. See this post

(So, at least one person also has the last problem.)

I can live with any of the problems above, but I'd hesitate to have a defective unit which can have bigger problems later on. Is any of the above an issue for you? Any suggestions if I should exchange the phone?

Thanks!

Luis

justanotherasian

May 15, 2014
Do you remember when were the times when the screen was unresponsive?
I've read somewhere that sometimes when the screen is woken up and is under some pressure this will happen, and the only way is to do what you did. It's not uncommon in touchscreen phones though, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: finotti
The verge app was broken until the most recent app update. Also, the s5 seems to refuse allowing Dashlane's accessibility service from working properly. So no more auto filling passwords for me. Ugh. I hoped rooting might help but it didn't. Now I really can't wait for custom ROMs to start appearing. Samsung, you make great hardware (like amoled displays) but your software sucks. Even the software on my Samsung TV is stupid.

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
Yes on two out of three!

Dear all,

I've been waiting a little before rooting and installing a new ROM to make sure I don't need to return my phone for any reason. (So, it is stock now, no root, locked bootloader, KNOX still there, etc.)

So, far I've noticed three small problems, which I don't know if they are universal or just mine:

1. Sometimes when I get a call, the touch screen is irresponsive. If I press the lock/power button twice, it seems to work again. (I now have set up to press home to answer.)
  2. It often feels a bit warm, more than I'd expect. (I have it in a case, though, a Spigen Slim Armor. It fits perfectly though.) But this happens sometimes when it is just sitting, not playing games. It is not really hot, but I can feel it warm in my pocket.

I can live with any of the problems above, but I'd hesitate to have a defective unit which can have bigger problems later on. Is any of the above an issue for you? Any suggestions if I should exchange the phone?

Thanks!

Luis
The unresponsive screen is more than a little issue, it is being reported all over the web, and get's more severe over time. I'm thinking that it is a bad proximity sensor defect, either firmware, hardware or software. Some people are reporting along with myself that sometimes for no apparent reason, the screen will not turn on even though the phone is completely operational! This has happened to me four times now and I am stock with very few apps on my phone, five total games and Pandora. I do use a substitute launcher that I've used for years but I don't believe that would be the issue since others report the same issue with stock launcher.
The pop or skipping you speak of in sound happens to many of us who stream music in our automobiles. It even happens on the note3. The fix is simple for that one though! Turn the screen on. I was told that with many of the streaming software music programs that the phones CPU goes to sleep and does not offer enough processing power to the music program. I stream all day via bluetooth to my Auto's sound system and it will usually start to skip, click or whatever after the phone has been untouched for about twenty minutes. The second I turn the screen on the problem alleviates itself. You can find even more information by googling that one, in fact both of those! The heat one I have not had, both with stock battery and zero lemon high capacity battery. The phone very rarely get's warm. However, when I was using wireless charging it would get warm even after charging was complete but I believe that is a normal event with QI type tech.

Reactions: finotti

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you remember when were the times when the screen was unresponsive?
    I've read somewhere that sometimes when the screen is woken up and is under some pressure this will happen, and the only way is to do what you did. It's not uncommon in touchscreen phones though, so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Yes on two out of three!

Dear all,

Thanks!

Luis
    The unresponsive screen is more than a little issue, it is being reported all over the web, and get's more severe over time. I'm thinking that it is a bad proximity sensor defect, either firmware, hardware or software. Some people are reporting along with myself that sometimes for no apparent reason, the screen will not turn on even though the phone is completely operational! This has happened to me four times now and I am stock with very few apps on my phone, five total games and Pandora. I do use a substitute launcher that I've used for years but I don't believe that would be the issue since others report the same issue with stock launcher.
    The pop or skipping you speak of in sound happens to many of us who stream music in our automobiles. It even happens on the note3. The fix is simple for that one though! Turn the screen on. I was told that with many of the streaming software music programs that the phones CPU goes to sleep and does not offer enough processing power to the music program. I stream all day via bluetooth to my Auto's sound system and it will usually start to skip, click or whatever after the phone has been untouched for about twenty minutes. The second I turn the screen on the problem alleviates itself. You can find even more information by googling that one, in fact both of those! The heat one I have not had, both with stock battery and zero lemon high capacity battery. The phone very rarely get's warm. However, when I was using wireless charging it would get warm even after charging was complete but I believe that is a normal event with QI type tech.