[THEME][CM7] Martin's Atrix 4G Themes [v1.2.0][17-Apr-2012]

Search This thread
I have created Atrix 4G-specific custom themes for use with the CyanogenMod 7 ROM (as well as any CM7-based ROM that includes Theme Chooser). They were created using UpwardSpiral's excellent themes as a base, with additional tweaks and changes (i.e. status bar icons and 1% battery icons) and many additional themed elements for various applications.

The themes come in seven colors: Alien Green, Cool Blue, Dark Side Red, Deep Purple, Grid Orange, Ice Blue, and Mellow Yellow. I have also included a version specifically for Dorian's RedPill-CM7 ROM; it is identical to the Alien Green theme but with RedPill-themed battery indicators, and includes two additional wallpapers.

I hope to update these themes from time to time in order to add new themed icons for various applications, as well as updated elements for new app releases. I'm also willing to do what I can to theme apps by request, but refer to the FAQ post for reasons why I might not be able to get to them all. :)

Features:

• HDPI only (MDPI and LDPI images not needed for Atrix 4G)
  • "Replace battery" graphic uses Atrix 4G image instead of generic image
  • Custom, theme-colored battery, data, signal, and wi-fi icons
  • 1%-step battery icons
  • RedPill theme uses "red/blue pill" battery icons
  • All other status bar icons are ICS style (some theme-colored)
  • "H" signal icons changed to "H+" (for AT&T HSPA+)
  • Separate "3G" and "H+" icons
  • Data, signal, and wi-fi icons all one color (no white icons)
  • Wallpaper for use with UpwardSpiral's Theme Chooser Wallpapers (see below)
  • CM7 apps themed
  • Google apps themed
  • Many third-party apps themed
Installation instructions:

1. Download or copy the theme file to your phone.
  2. Install it via File Manager by tapping the filename and following the on-screen instructions.
  3. Open Theme Chooser, scroll to the theme, and select Apply. Theme Chooser will display "Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size." This is normal; just select Apply Anyway.
  4. It is recommended that you reboot your phone in order to ensure that the theme has fully "taken hold."
Wallpapers:

Each theme includes a selection of wallpapers that are colored specifically to the theme. In order to use these wallpapers, you must install UpwardSpiral's Theme Chooser Wallpapers app, which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.

Link to Theme Chooser Wallpapers

The app is based on the CyanogenMod wallpaper selector, and works in an identical fashion. Once installed, long-press on the home screen and select Wallpapers. You will see a menu item for the particular theme (i.e. "Atrix Ice Blue Wallpapers"). Select that item, scroll to the wallpaper you wish to use, and select Set Wallpaper.

Screenshots:

See the attached images below.

Downloads:

Atrix Alien Green
Atrix Cool Blue
Atrix Dark Side Red
Atrix Deep Purple
Atrix Grid Orange
Atrix Ice Blue
Atrix Mellow Yellow
RedPill

Thanks to:

• UpwardSpiral for his original Theme Chooser themes and his Theme Chooser Wallpapers app.
  • ManDroid for the "red pill" image and battery icons.
  • WuchuHurD for "red pill battery icon" idea.
  • UltraDroid and others for the wallpapers I snagged.
... and to anyone else I may have forgotten, my sincere thanks!

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 1,561
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 1,379
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,255
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,226
Last edited:
Version history:

1.0.0 - 15-Jan-2012

Initial release.

1.1.0 - 13-Feb-2012

Fixed: Facebook icon was not themed properly.

Added: Themed elements and/or launcher icons for the following apps: AirDroid, Android Pro Widgets, App2SD, BatteryCalibration, Beautiful Widgets, Beautiful Widgets Animation Addon, BetterBatteryStats (XDA Edition), Bookmark Sort & Backup, Calculator, CF-Bench, Car Locator, CarHome Ultra, Enhanced Email, File Expert, Font Changer Lite, GPS Status, Google Earth, Google Voice Search, Green Power, HD Widgets, MX Video Player, MX Video Player Codec (ARMv7), MyPhoneExplorer Client, Optimize Tool Box Lite, ROM Toolbox, SMS Backup +, Task Manager, Vlingo Virtual Assistant, Voice Dialer, Volume Ace, Watchdog Lite, Yahoo! Messenger, ZDbox, Zello Walkie Talkie (Loudtalks).

Updated: Theme elements and/or launcher icons for the following apps: ADWLauncher EX, Browser, Camera, Facebook, Google Maps, Twitter, Winamp.

Updated: Replaced wi-fi icons in power widget, notification power widget, and settings menu with new style wi-fi icons. Also replaced wi-fi access point icons with all-new ones based on the new style wi-fi icon.

1.2.0 - 17-Apr-2012

Fixed: The Mellow Yellow theme had colors and theme elements that were out of step with the other themes. (My fault; the procedures I was using to update my themes were not including the Mellow Yellow theme.)

Fixed: The Navigation (Google Maps) launcher icon was broken in recent updates.

Added: Themed elements and/or launcher icons for the following apps: Amazon Kindle, Auto SMS, Box, FlexT9 Text Input, Pimp My CPU, PlaylistCleaner, PrinterShare, Simple Calendar Widget, Voodoo OTA RootKeeper, Widgetsoid, Wiki Mobile, YPmobile.

Updated: Theme elements and/or launcher icons for the following apps: ADWLauncher EX, Android Pro Widgets, CarHome Ultra, DSPManager, Google Maps, Google Play Store, Google Search, Green Power, IMDb, Tapatalk Pro, Tapatalk XDA, Tapatalk XDA Premium, Winamp, Zello Walkie Talkie (Loudtalks).

Updated: Various theme elements (check boxes, radio buttons, etc.) were changed to more closely conform to ICS style.

Updated: The notification status bar, pull-down bar, and drop-down background were changed to make them a little snazzier, with a touch of the theme color added and the "Android Guy" in the lower corner of the drop-down background (except for the RedPill theme, which has a "red pill" graphic).

Updated: The background of the separator bar in the notification drop-down was changed to black, as the light gray text on a gray background was difficult to read.

Last edited:
FAQ:

Will these themes work on Blur-based ROMs (DarkSide, Aura, NottachTrix, etc.)?

No. They are designed specifically for the T-Mobile Theme Engine that is integrated into CyanogenMod 7. They will not work on Blur-based ROMs, as they do not incorporate the Theme Engine. Any CM7-based ROM for the Atrix 4G (such as RedPill-CM7 and CM7 itself) can use these themes, provided the ROM also includes the Theme Chooser app (some CM7-based ROMs, such as Neutrino, do not include it by default).

Will these themes work on CM9 or other ICS-based ROMs?

Not at this time, as neither pure ICS ROMs nor CM9 include the T-Mobile Theme Engine. In any event, I don't have CM9 or ICS on my phone, thus I couldn't test it even if they did. :)

Will these themes work on CM7-equipped phones other than the Atrix 4G?

They should, as Theme Chooser themes are supposed to be compatible across multiple devices, but I do not guarantee this. Additionally, these themes include elements that are specific to the Atrix 4G (such as "H+" data icons) and do not include lower-resolution elements (MDPI and LDPI); the latter means that the theme won't work on some phones, while the former may make your phone look a bit weird. :)

Could you tell us your inspiration behind the names of the themes?

Alien Green - A common color to represent aliens in science fiction
Cool Blue - Think of the blue of a mountain lake or the deep ocean
Dark Side Red - The Star Wars films, as well as nottach's DarkSide ROM
Deep Purple - "Smoke on the Water" and "Hush" are great rock songs :)
Grid Orange - The TRON films (TRON and TRON: Legacy)
Ice Blue - Just a lighter shade of blue, reminiscent of ICS
Mellow Yellow - The trippy Donovan song from 1967
RedPill - The Matrix films, where green is used to represent the Matrix

Why am I not seeing the 1% battery icons?

Go into Settings - CyanogenMod Settings - Interface - Status Bar Tweaks - Battery Status Style, and make sure that it is set to "Icon (Default)."

Which applications are themed?

Adobe Reader
Advanced Task Killer
ADWLauncher EX
AirDroid
Amazon Appstore
Amazon Kindle
Amazon MP3 Store
Android Pro Widgets
Androidify
App2SD
AppBrain App Market
Astrid Task/To-do List
ASTRO File Manager
Audiogalaxy Music
Auto SMS
BatteryCalibration
Beautiful Widgets
Beautiful Widgets Animation Addon
BetterBatteryStats (XDA Edition)
Bookmark Sort & Backup
Box
Browser
Calculator
Calendar
Camera
Car Home
Car Locator
CarHome Ultra
CF-Bench
Clock
CM7 Development Tools
Contacts
Dolphin Mini
Downloads
Dropbox
DSPManager
eBuddy Messenger
Email
Engadget
Enhanced Email
ES File Explorer
Facebook
Fancy Widgets
File Expert
File Manager
Flash Player Settings
FlexT9 Text Input
Font Changer Lite
Gallery
Gmail
GO Contacts EX
GO Dialer EX
GO Launcher EX
GO SMS Pro
Google Books
Google Earth
Google Goggles
Google Maps
Google Music
Google Play Store
Google Search
Google Talk
Google Voice
Google Voice Search
Google+
GPS Status
Green Power
Handcent SMS
handyCalc Calculator
HD Widgets
IMDb
K-9 Mail
Kayak Flight Hotel Car Search
Last.fm
LauncherPro
LinkedIn
Lookout Antivirus Free
Messaging
MetaMorph
Mint.com Personal Finance
Movies by Flixter
Multi Mount SD-Card Lite
MX Video Player
MX Video Player Codec (ARMv7)
MyAT&T
MyPhoneExplorer Client
Nexus Torch
OI File Manager
Opera
Opera Mini
Optimize Tool Box Lite
Pandora Internet Radio
Phone Dialer
Pimp My CPU
PlaylistCleaner
Plume for Twitter
PrinterShare
Pulse News
Quadrant Standard Edition
ROM Manager
ROM Toolbox
Root Explorer
ScoreMobile for Android
Settings
Simple Calendar Widget
SMS Backup +
Sound Recorder
Spare Parts
Spare Parts+
SportsTap
Spotify
Subsonic Music Streamer
Superuser
SwiftKey X
Tapatalk Pro
Tapatalk XDA
Tapatalk XDA Premium
Task Manager
Tasker
Tenthstone.com Notification Restart
Theme Chooser
TV Listings
Twitter
Videos
Vlingo Virtual Assistant
Voice Dialer
Volume Ace
Voodoo OTA RootKeeper
Watchdog Lite
WhatsApp Messenger
Widgetsoid
Wiki Mobile
Winamp
Yahoo! Messenger
YouTube
ZDbox
Zello Walkie Talkie (Loudtalks)
ZipThemer
Zxing Barcode Scanner

Note that most of these apps were already themed in UpwardSpiral's original themes; additional ones were added by me. Most apps just have themed launcher icons, while some apps have additional themed elements. Finally, I may have missed a few, since some of the theme configuration files were hard to decipher in order to nail down the specific apps.

Could you theme "application X"?

If I can, I will, but it may not happen immediately (and if it's a paid app, there's probably very little chance I will, especially if it's an app I'm not interested in purchasing). All of the themed apps in the above list were either already themed by UpwardSpiral or were apps I already had which I themed myself. If you suggest a free app, I can install it and try to theme it (even if it's just to add a themed launcher icon), but I make no promises. :)

Are there apps that you have been (or are) unable to theme?

Several, in fact. This mainly has to do with the limitations of creating Theme Chooser themes under Windows: the tools being used do not allow for upper case characters in filenames. Annoying, but since I didn't write the tools, there's little I can do about it. The following apps are ones that I have been unable to theme:

Alarm Clock Plus
Call Blocker
Camera ZOOM FX
Dolphin HD
DropSpace
FasterFix
GScript Lite
myAT&T
QuickPic
RealCalc
RssDemon
SwiftKey X
Super Manager
Titanium Backup

There are undoubtedly others out there that I will run into myself, or will be suggested by others. Believe me, I'd like to theme them, but unfortunately, I can't. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have created Atrix 4G-specific custom themes for use with the CyanogenMod 7 ROM (as well as any CM7-based ROM that includes Theme Chooser). They were created using UpwardSpiral's excellent themes as a base, with additional tweaks and changes (i.e. status bar icons and 1% battery icons) and many additional themed elements for various applications.

The themes come in seven colors: Alien Green, Cool Blue, Dark Side Red, Deep Purple, Grid Orange, Ice Blue, and Mellow Yellow. I have also included a version specifically for Dorian's RedPill-CM7 ROM; it is identical to the Alien Green theme but with RedPill-themed battery indicators, and includes two additional wallpapers.

I hope to update these themes from time to time in order to add new themed icons for various applications, as well as updated elements for new app releases. I'm also willing to do what I can to theme apps by request, but refer to the FAQ post for reasons why I might not be able to get to them all. :)

Features:

• HDPI only (MDPI and LDPI images not needed for Atrix 4G)
    • "Replace battery" graphic uses Atrix 4G image instead of generic image
    • Custom, theme-colored battery, data, signal, and wi-fi icons
    • 1%-step battery icons
    • RedPill theme uses "red/blue pill" battery icons
    • All other status bar icons are ICS style (some theme-colored)
    • "H" signal icons changed to "H+" (for AT&T HSPA+)
    • Separate "3G" and "H+" icons
    • Data, signal, and wi-fi icons all one color (no white icons)
    • Wallpaper for use with UpwardSpiral's Theme Chooser Wallpapers (see below)
    • CM7 apps themed
    • Google apps themed
    • Many third-party apps themed
    Installation instructions:

1. Download or copy the theme file to your phone.
    2. Install it via File Manager by tapping the filename and following the on-screen instructions.
    3. Open Theme Chooser, scroll to the theme, and select Apply. Theme Chooser will display "Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size." This is normal; just select Apply Anyway.
    4. It is recommended that you reboot your phone in order to ensure that the theme has fully "taken hold."
    Wallpapers:

Each theme includes a selection of wallpapers that are colored specifically to the theme. In order to use these wallpapers, you must install UpwardSpiral's Theme Chooser Wallpapers app, which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.

Link to Theme Chooser Wallpapers

The app is based on the CyanogenMod wallpaper selector, and works in an identical fashion. Once installed, long-press on the home screen and select Wallpapers. You will see a menu item for the particular theme (i.e. "Atrix Ice Blue Wallpapers"). Select that item, scroll to the wallpaper you wish to use, and select Set Wallpaper.

Screenshots:

See the attached images below.

Downloads:

Atrix Alien Green
    Atrix Cool Blue
    Atrix Dark Side Red
    Atrix Deep Purple
    Atrix Grid Orange
    Atrix Ice Blue
    Atrix Mellow Yellow
    RedPill

Thanks to:

• UpwardSpiral for his original Theme Chooser themes and his Theme Chooser Wallpapers app.
    • ManDroid for the "red pill" image and battery icons.
    • WuchuHurD for "red pill battery icon" idea.
    • UltraDroid and others for the wallpapers I snagged.
    ... and to anyone else I may have forgotten, my sincere thanks!
    FAQ:

Will these themes work on Blur-based ROMs (DarkSide, Aura, NottachTrix, etc.)?

No. They are designed specifically for the T-Mobile Theme Engine that is integrated into CyanogenMod 7. They will not work on Blur-based ROMs, as they do not incorporate the Theme Engine. Any CM7-based ROM for the Atrix 4G (such as RedPill-CM7 and CM7 itself) can use these themes, provided the ROM also includes the Theme Chooser app (some CM7-based ROMs, such as Neutrino, do not include it by default).

Will these themes work on CM9 or other ICS-based ROMs?

Not at this time, as neither pure ICS ROMs nor CM9 include the T-Mobile Theme Engine. In any event, I don't have CM9 or ICS on my phone, thus I couldn't test it even if they did. :)

Will these themes work on CM7-equipped phones other than the Atrix 4G?

They should, as Theme Chooser themes are supposed to be compatible across multiple devices, but I do not guarantee this. Additionally, these themes include elements that are specific to the Atrix 4G (such as "H+" data icons) and do not include lower-resolution elements (MDPI and LDPI); the latter means that the theme won't work on some phones, while the former may make your phone look a bit weird. :)

Could you tell us your inspiration behind the names of the themes?

Alien Green - A common color to represent aliens in science fiction
    Cool Blue - Think of the blue of a mountain lake or the deep ocean
    Dark Side Red - The Star Wars films, as well as nottach's DarkSide ROM
    Deep Purple - "Smoke on the Water" and "Hush" are great rock songs :)
    Grid Orange - The TRON films (TRON and TRON: Legacy)
    Ice Blue - Just a lighter shade of blue, reminiscent of ICS
    Mellow Yellow - The trippy Donovan song from 1967
    RedPill - The Matrix films, where green is used to represent the Matrix

Why am I not seeing the 1% battery icons?

Go into Settings - CyanogenMod Settings - Interface - Status Bar Tweaks - Battery Status Style, and make sure that it is set to "Icon (Default)."

Which applications are themed?

Adobe Reader
    Advanced Task Killer
    ADWLauncher EX
    AirDroid
    Amazon Appstore
    Amazon Kindle
    Amazon MP3 Store
    Android Pro Widgets
    Androidify
    App2SD
    AppBrain App Market
    Astrid Task/To-do List
    ASTRO File Manager
    Audiogalaxy Music
    Auto SMS
    BatteryCalibration
    Beautiful Widgets
    Beautiful Widgets Animation Addon
    BetterBatteryStats (XDA Edition)
    Bookmark Sort & Backup
    Box
    Browser
    Calculator
    Calendar
    Camera
    Car Home
    Car Locator
    CarHome Ultra
    CF-Bench
    Clock
    CM7 Development Tools
    Contacts
    Dolphin Mini
    Downloads
    Dropbox
    DSPManager
    eBuddy Messenger
    Email
    Engadget
    Enhanced Email
    ES File Explorer
    Facebook
    Fancy Widgets
    File Expert
    File Manager
    Flash Player Settings
    FlexT9 Text Input
    Font Changer Lite
    Gallery
    Gmail
    GO Contacts EX
    GO Dialer EX
    GO Launcher EX
    GO SMS Pro
    Google Books
    Google Earth
    Google Goggles
    Google Maps
    Google Music
    Google Play Store
    Google Search
    Google Talk
    Google Voice
    Google Voice Search
    Google+
    GPS Status
    Green Power
    Handcent SMS
    handyCalc Calculator
    HD Widgets
    IMDb
    K-9 Mail
    Kayak Flight Hotel Car Search
    Last.fm
    LauncherPro
    LinkedIn
    Lookout Antivirus Free
    Messaging
    MetaMorph
    Mint.com Personal Finance
    Movies by Flixter
    Multi Mount SD-Card Lite
    MX Video Player
    MX Video Player Codec (ARMv7)
    MyAT&T
    MyPhoneExplorer Client
    Nexus Torch
    OI File Manager
    Opera
    Opera Mini
    Optimize Tool Box Lite
    Pandora Internet Radio
    Phone Dialer
    Pimp My CPU
    PlaylistCleaner
    Plume for Twitter
    PrinterShare
    Pulse News
    Quadrant Standard Edition
    ROM Manager
    ROM Toolbox
    Root Explorer
    ScoreMobile for Android
    Settings
    Simple Calendar Widget
    SMS Backup +
    Sound Recorder
    Spare Parts
    Spare Parts+
    SportsTap
    Spotify
    Subsonic Music Streamer
    Superuser
    SwiftKey X
    Tapatalk Pro
    Tapatalk XDA
    Tapatalk XDA Premium
    Task Manager
    Tasker
    Tenthstone.com Notification Restart
    Theme Chooser
    TV Listings
    Twitter
    Videos
    Vlingo Virtual Assistant
    Voice Dialer
    Volume Ace
    Voodoo OTA RootKeeper
    Watchdog Lite
    WhatsApp Messenger
    Widgetsoid
    Wiki Mobile
    Winamp
    Yahoo! Messenger
    YouTube
    ZDbox
    Zello Walkie Talkie (Loudtalks)
    ZipThemer
    Zxing Barcode Scanner

Note that most of these apps were already themed in UpwardSpiral's original themes; additional ones were added by me. Most apps just have themed launcher icons, while some apps have additional themed elements. Finally, I may have missed a few, since some of the theme configuration files were hard to decipher in order to nail down the specific apps.

Could you theme "application X"?

If I can, I will, but it may not happen immediately (and if it's a paid app, there's probably very little chance I will, especially if it's an app I'm not interested in purchasing). All of the themed apps in the above list were either already themed by UpwardSpiral or were apps I already had which I themed myself. If you suggest a free app, I can install it and try to theme it (even if it's just to add a themed launcher icon), but I make no promises. :)

Are there apps that you have been (or are) unable to theme?

Several, in fact. This mainly has to do with the limitations of creating Theme Chooser themes under Windows: the tools being used do not allow for upper case characters in filenames. Annoying, but since I didn't write the tools, there's little I can do about it. The following apps are ones that I have been unable to theme:

Alarm Clock Plus
    Call Blocker
    Camera ZOOM FX
    Dolphin HD
    DropSpace
    FasterFix
    GScript Lite
    myAT&T
    QuickPic
    RealCalc
    RssDemon
    SwiftKey X
    Super Manager
    Titanium Backup

There are undoubtedly others out there that I will run into myself, or will be suggested by others. Believe me, I'd like to theme them, but unfortunately, I can't. :(
    Version history:

1.0.0 - 15-Jan-2012

Initial release.

1.1.0 - 13-Feb-2012

Fixed: Facebook icon was not themed properly.

Added: Themed elements and/or launcher icons for the following apps: AirDroid, Android Pro Widgets, App2SD, BatteryCalibration, Beautiful Widgets, Beautiful Widgets Animation Addon, BetterBatteryStats (XDA Edition), Bookmark Sort & Backup, Calculator, CF-Bench, Car Locator, CarHome Ultra, Enhanced Email, File Expert, Font Changer Lite, GPS Status, Google Earth, Google Voice Search, Green Power, HD Widgets, MX Video Player, MX Video Player Codec (ARMv7), MyPhoneExplorer Client, Optimize Tool Box Lite, ROM Toolbox, SMS Backup +, Task Manager, Vlingo Virtual Assistant, Voice Dialer, Volume Ace, Watchdog Lite, Yahoo! Messenger, ZDbox, Zello Walkie Talkie (Loudtalks).

Updated: Theme elements and/or launcher icons for the following apps: ADWLauncher EX, Browser, Camera, Facebook, Google Maps, Twitter, Winamp.

Updated: Replaced wi-fi icons in power widget, notification power widget, and settings menu with new style wi-fi icons. Also replaced wi-fi access point icons with all-new ones based on the new style wi-fi icon.

1.2.0 - 17-Apr-2012

Fixed: The Mellow Yellow theme had colors and theme elements that were out of step with the other themes. (My fault; the procedures I was using to update my themes were not including the Mellow Yellow theme.)

Fixed: The Navigation (Google Maps) launcher icon was broken in recent updates.

Added: Themed elements and/or launcher icons for the following apps: Amazon Kindle, Auto SMS, Box, FlexT9 Text Input, Pimp My CPU, PlaylistCleaner, PrinterShare, Simple Calendar Widget, Voodoo OTA RootKeeper, Widgetsoid, Wiki Mobile, YPmobile.

Updated: Theme elements and/or launcher icons for the following apps: ADWLauncher EX, Android Pro Widgets, CarHome Ultra, DSPManager, Google Maps, Google Play Store, Google Search, Green Power, IMDb, Tapatalk Pro, Tapatalk XDA, Tapatalk XDA Premium, Winamp, Zello Walkie Talkie (Loudtalks).

Updated: Various theme elements (check boxes, radio buttons, etc.) were changed to more closely conform to ICS style.

Updated: The notification status bar, pull-down bar, and drop-down background were changed to make them a little snazzier, with a touch of the theme color added and the "Android Guy" in the lower corner of the drop-down background (except for the RedPill theme, which has a "red pill" graphic).

Updated: The background of the separator bar in the notification drop-down was changed to black, as the light gray text on a gray background was difficult to read.