[APP][2.2+] Quixer - Instant File Sharing

Search This thread

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Quixer - Instant File Sharing

The Free Version here can now upload and share 50MB files!(Pro can share up to 1GB)

Quixer Now Supports All Devices Running 2.2 And Up!

Quixer is an application I made to help speed up file sharing for developers and users alike. It allows instant transfers of online files and file transfers from your device. Quixer will only transfer files instantly to other devices that have Quixer installed. The Ad Supported version is available here, as well as on the market. The more users who download and install it, the bigger the Quixer network will become. I just ask that if you download it here, and you like it, you give a good rating in the Play Store! Below is a listing of instructions for use, a brief overview of how it works, and a direct download from XDA. Enjoy, and please leave feedback/feature requests!

Instant Sharing Is Quick and Easy. You can share from the browser, by long pressing an image or link and selecting share, or you can also share by uploading your on-device content straight to the cloud. Once uploaded, you can select your recipient and the download will begin immediately on their device!

All Quixer downloads go under "/sdcard/quixer", so they are easy to find. Also, if you plan to use the "Upload And Share" option, the max upload size for one file in the free version is 50MB's. If you ugrade to Pro, you can share up to 1GB. However, you are free to share and upload as many files as you want. The uploaded files will be removed once every day at 12:00 AM Eastern Time, since this is not meant to be a permanent file hosting solution. I hope you enjoy Quixer, whether Ad Supported, or Pro! And please, leave feedback! Thanks : )​

SCREENSHOTS:

Attachments

• QuixerF1AF.jpg
    QuixerF1AF.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,061
  • QuixerF2AF.jpg
    QuixerF2AF.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 882
  • QuixerFree.apk
    864.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

sebarkh

Oct 7, 2010
Warsaw
Apps & Games
Odp: [APP][4.0+] Quixer - Instant File Sharing

Great app! Thx.
It would be great to see option of sharing with bluetooth/wifi/nfc also, though I doubt ir was the main idea for the app.

Sent from my washing machine...straight from the tumbler...

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Re: [APP][4.0+] Quixer - Instant File Sharing

Great app! Thx.
It would be great to see option of sharing with bluetooth/wifi/nfc also, though I doubt ir was the main idea for the app.

Sent from my washing machine...straight from the tumbler...

Thank you! : ) Adding those features certainly isn't out of the question.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bad.bad.bad

May 9, 2011
Great App. Good way for me to send some files that needed renaming. Hoping to get lucky with the paid app. :D

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus

Great App. Good way for me to send some files that needed renaming. Hoping to get lucky with the paid app. :D

Glad it's useful! You're a little late though ; ) Keep adding to the discussion, and you just may get the next one!

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus

Bump!

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus

Great idea, hope it catches on - will certainly be very handy amongst the xda community.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Thanks! I agree, XDA devs being able to share files instantly between testers and users should be very useful. Let's hope it catches!

Last edited:

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus

Bumped!

Last edited:

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus

Bumping a bump :/ lol

winesh

Jan 5, 2011

Dude, if you really want this to catch and have a big community, you should make the paid version free. Instead of terrifying potential users with a paid version, even though theres a free version.haven't you learned the basics of marketing...

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus

Dude, if you really want this to catch and have a big community, you should make the paid version free. Instead of terrifying potential users with a paid version, even though theres a free version.haven't you learned the basics of marketing...

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app

I was not asking for marketing advice. If you have any feature requests or ideas that are on topic, please post about those.

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
OP was updated to include an Ad Supported Pro version for XDA. Hopefully that will encourage some more feedback and usage! Let me know what you all think! : )

Mikestony

Feb 3, 2012
Worked perfect on my S3!!!
Was able to send a file easily and quickly! Gonna tell my co-workers about this one:)

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus

Bump! Also, I'm getting ready to release a brand new UI today!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Mikestony

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
The new UI has been released! It has much less clutter, and is better looking and more fluid. Leave some feedback on the changes if you would like : )

dEris

Nov 6, 2009
Dallas Texas
google.com

Why ruin the UI by adding that ugly blue background. It's too busy.

That app uses the HoloUI guideline for the main app structure, but everything else like text and buttons do not fit together well. I suggest you reread HoloUI guidelines again.

JellyB-TSM v16 / Apex Pro

qE0S4.png

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus

That app uses the HoloUI guideline for the main app structure, but everything else like text and buttons do not fit together well. I suggest you reread HoloUI guidelines again.

qE0S4.png

Thanks for the feedback! I've never been great at designing. I'll try to make it look a bit better.

Reactions: dEris

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quixer - Instant File Sharing

The Free Version here can now upload and share 50MB files!(Pro can share up to 1GB)

Quixer Now Supports All Devices Running 2.2 And Up!

Quixer is an application I made to help speed up file sharing for developers and users alike. It allows instant transfers of online files and file transfers from your device. Quixer will only transfer files instantly to other devices that have Quixer installed. The Ad Supported version is available here, as well as on the market. The more users who download and install it, the bigger the Quixer network will become. I just ask that if you download it here, and you like it, you give a good rating in the Play Store! Below is a listing of instructions for use, a brief overview of how it works, and a direct download from XDA. Enjoy, and please leave feedback/feature requests!

Instant Sharing Is Quick and Easy. You can share from the browser, by long pressing an image or link and selecting share, or you can also share by uploading your on-device content straight to the cloud. Once uploaded, you can select your recipient and the download will begin immediately on their device!

All Quixer downloads go under "/sdcard/quixer", so they are easy to find. Also, if you plan to use the "Upload And Share" option, the max upload size for one file in the free version is 50MB's. If you ugrade to Pro, you can share up to 1GB. However, you are free to share and upload as many files as you want. The uploaded files will be removed once every day at 12:00 AM Eastern Time, since this is not meant to be a permanent file hosting solution. I hope you enjoy Quixer, whether Ad Supported, or Pro! And please, leave feedback! Thanks : )​

SCREENSHOTS:
    UI has been updated again! Hopefully you guys like this one better : )
    Incase anyone is interested, I'll be releasing a new version with much faster uploads. I haven't ditched the project, I still use it a lot, but not many people here seemed interested. I'll keep updating Quixer, but it won't be as often as before.

Bump! Also, I'm getting ready to release a brand new UI today!

qE0S4.png

Thanks for the feedback! I've never been great at designing. I'll try to make it look a bit better.