Stock email application & yahoo mail - error signing in when sending emails

Search This thread

bogdan_wrc

Nov 22, 2008
I got this error a lot of times, when i try sending emails from yahoo, when i use the stock app. receiving emails works fine, i see emails...but if i try to reply, the email remains in outbox and "error signing in" keeps appearing in notification bar. the password is correct, i tried also not requesting password when sending, but the error appears.
any solution?

except other email apps (i use also yahoo app, but i don't like it, and i don't want to sync non stop) and advices to uses to gmail. i have both for different reasons.
i tried also searching for different imap settings, but i could not find a proper one.
thank you.

Nov 12, 2010
I got this error a lot of times, when i try sending emails from yahoo, when i use the stock app. receiving emails works fine, i see emails...but if i try to reply, the email remains in outbox and "error signing in" keeps appearing in notification bar. the password is correct, i tried also not requesting password when sending, but the error appears.
any solution?

except other email apps (i use also yahoo app, but i don't like it, and i don't want to sync non stop) and advices to uses to gmail. i have both for different reasons.
i tried also searching for different imap settings, but i could not find a proper one.
thank you.

Are you talking the email app or the gmail app?

bogdan_wrc

Nov 22, 2008
Email app. Which can be customized to see any email account. I set it for yahoo.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

charesa39

Aug 19, 2013
Orange County, CA
any solution?

thank you.

I had this as well. Ridiculously annoying. You have to manually change some of the settings. Follow the instructions in this link: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile/set-yahoo-mail-android-mail-sln3696.html?impressions=true. I haven't had any issues since following those directions. Hope this helps.

Reactions: bogdan_wrc

bogdan_wrc

Nov 22, 2008
thank you. it works. i will test it for a while to see if its okay, because the last time i tried some settings it worked for a time and than stopped again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    any solution?

thank you.

I had this as well. Ridiculously annoying. You have to manually change some of the settings. Follow the instructions in this link: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile/set-yahoo-mail-android-mail-sln3696.html?impressions=true. I haven't had any issues since following those directions. Hope this helps.