[Q] Moto G won't power on or charge

Search This thread

juanp31

Jun 5, 2014
I've had the Moto G since january and I've never had any major problems with it. The other day it had like 40%-60% battery.
So I left it on the table and came back like half an hour later to check messages but when I hit the power button it didn't react. At first I thought it was some kind of lag, the I kept pressing the power button and no response so I assumed that the battery had been drained, which I found odd considering that half an hour ago it had half charge. So I connected the device and there was no response. I waited a couple of minutes, came back and tried to turn it on again and it didn't even show the battery screen. I panicked and started searching online for solutions. So far I have tried the following :

-Power button for 20 sec
-Power for 2+ minutes
-Power + Vol Down for 2+ minutes

All while connected to a 850mA wall adapter (Razr HD)
None of them worked

I read about people switching to a 2A charger but I don't have any spare wall adapters so I was checking my portable battery which said 2A on one port so I gave it a try. The phone turned on just fine. I was able to get to the home screen and I thought the nightmare was over. I turned the screen off and left it charging for a couple of minutes when I came back it didn't respond again. So after that the 2A was of no use. When I switched back to the wall adapter it turned on but it didn't make it past the bootlogo.

So now it turns on randomly and shows the 'unlocked bootloader screen' and sometimes makes it to the boot logo. Sometimes it shows the battery screen which says 40 'something' percent.

I don't want to give up on this phone yet and I can't ask for a replacement since its unlocked and rooted.
Has anyone had this or a similar problem? If so, did you find a solution?